The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:46:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Author Topic: The elephant in the room - Donald Trump's physical and mental deterioration  (Read 41414 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2019, 06:53:11 PM »

It also sounds like "kept them" if you're not primed for "killed them." I assume that's what happened.

As much as I despise Trump, this is probably most likely what happened
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2019, 10:47:51 AM »

'Those who died in Toledo': Trump mixes up Ohio cities while giving remarks on mass shootings
President Donald Trump errored at the end of his Monday remarks about the weekend's mass shootings by mixing up the Ohio city where one of the shootings happened.

Trump said that one of the shootings happened in Toledo, Ohio, rather than Dayton. The cities are about134 miles apart.

"If we are able to pass great legislation after all of these years, we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May God bless the memory of those who died in Toledo. May God protect them," Trump said.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2019, 07:11:09 PM »

'Those who died in Toledo': Trump mixes up Ohio cities while giving remarks on mass shootings
President Donald Trump errored at the end of his Monday remarks about the weekend's mass shootings by mixing up the Ohio city where one of the shootings happened.

Trump said that one of the shootings happened in Toledo, Ohio, rather than Dayton. The cities are about134 miles apart.

"If we are able to pass great legislation after all of these years, we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May God bless the memory of those who died in Toledo. May God protect them," Trump said.

But Kamala Harris said she listened to Tupac in college when he wasn't even around yet!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2019, 07:28:38 PM »

Who is Donald Trump?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2019, 07:35:39 PM »

I can't wait for Trump vs Biden. They're so far gone mentally that they are going to argue about how the chemical strikes on President Macron's oppressive regime in Pakistan effect the US moving the embassy from Tel Aviv to Rome and its implications on the trade war against Vietnam
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2019, 07:38:29 PM »

I can't wait for Trump vs Biden. They're so far gone mentally that they are going to argue about how the chemical strikes on President Macron's oppressive regime in Pakistan effect the US moving the embassy from Tel Aviv to Rome and its implications on the trade war against Vietnam

Challenge: write an alternate history timeline where this makes sense.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2019, 12:20:26 AM »

As far as I'm aware, Mr. Trump has had no public presence since his Hampton's fundraiser 3 days ago, where he showed off his Asian accent, said nice things about 'Little Rocket Man' and murderous autocrat Mohammed Bin Salman, verbally threatened America's allis, and made kamikaze jokes before giving an incoherent, sweat-soaked interview. Since then, his only presence has been to re-tweet conspiracy theories and argue about fellow C-list TV stars.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2019, 04:54:32 PM »

Yazidi human rights advocated and Noble Peace Prize recipient Nadia Murad spoke with Mr. Trump while survivors of religious persecution were welcomed at the White House yesterday (7/18/2019):

Nadia Murad: “They [ISIS] Killed my mom, my six brothers.”

Donald Trump: “Where are they now?”

Murad: “They Killed them, they are in the mass graves in Sinjar.”

Donald Trump <Looks around. Silently nods>

https://youtu.be/xYUW-1Wg2xs?t=150

He's a compassionate conservative like Dubya.

CRINGE.

Dubya was never that callow. Add to this -- nobody is giving him guidance on the people that he is meeting in a highly-public setting.  Sure, the political agenda was much the same, especially on energy...
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2019, 10:30:18 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

Remarks by President Trump on American Energy and Manufacturing | Monaco, PA 2:06 P.M. EDT

Trump claimed the ethane-cracking plant he was speaking at would not exist if he hadn't been elected.
And as Gretchen said, this would have never happened without me and us.  This would have never happened.
Reality: Governor Wolf Announces Finalized Plan for Royal Dutch Shell Plant in Western PA June 09, 2016

Now, like much of what Trump says, it's hard to tell if the above untruth is the product of a mind suffering from dementia, or just a lie by an evil and completely unscrupulous person. (And who is near certainly suffering from mental illness not directly related to his dementia, too.) But there was another very obvious episode during this tax-funded campaign rally (oops, that would be illegal) so-called Presidential Remarks.

Now, the press will try and spin that differently, but I’m right, okay?  The fake news.  (Applause.)  That’s a lot of people back there for a — like an 11 o’clock speech.  That’s a lot of people.  (Laughter.)  That’s a lot.  That’s like the Academy Awards during the day.  (Laughter.)

And for the record, the employees were paid to attend the speech:
President Donald Trump sought to take credit Tuesday for a major manufacturing complex in western Pennsylvania in his latest effort to reinvigorate the Rust Belt support that sent him to the White House. He was cheered on by fluorescent-vest-clad workers who were paid to attend by Shell, their employer, which is building the facility.

And on one more note, throwing this transcript at multiple readability calculators has it at the level of an eight- or nine-year old. Fourth grade. In comparison, feeding Mr. Trump's remarks to similar groups from the first months after he took his Oath of Office (in bad faith), back in early 2017, show he was consistently speaking at the level of a junior high-school student, the level of an eleven- to thirteen-year old.  Of course, this is not definitive, he may just be speaking down to the level of his typical Republican audience.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2019, 10:07:49 PM »

In the wake of another rally where Mr. Trump ranted with Hitler-like incoherence and venom, in a fashion even more deranged than usual, the man who may hold the record for shortest tenure in the Trump administration weighs in with his two cents:
The Mooch Explains Why He Thinks Trump Is “Crazy,” “Narcissistic,” and a “Paper Tiger” Who Will Drop Out by March 2020
I think the guy is losing it, mentally. He has declining mental faculties; he’s becoming more petulant; he’s becoming more impetuous. Okay, you see just by the way he’s sweating, his body’s not doing well. It’s obviously not a guy that takes care of himself, right? And he doesn’t listen to anybody. And just think about this, okay? There’s no one—there’s no Jim Mattis; there’s no Gary Cohn; there’s no one to check him anymore. Whatever my differences were with General John Kelly, after he left, this thing has completely unspooled.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2019, 07:38:02 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »

Does anyone understand what he's trying to say here?  I'm at a loss.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 07:50:28 PM »

An interesting perspective:

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 06:33:57 PM »

Does anyone understand what he's trying to say here?  I'm at a loss.

Wow! This is like a zen riddle.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 09:07:31 PM »

Out of curiosity, how do we know it's dementia and not mad cow disease? Do we know where those Trump steaks came from?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »

There is too much obvious craziness today to even sum up effectively.

Also, if anyone has tried to watch Mr. Trump's speech, it's obvious that he's having a great deal of trouble pronouncing many of the words on his teleprompter.

He's done. (How long it takes the GOP to admit that, I don't know. But he won't be President in 2021, and probably won't even be on the ballot.)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2019, 08:10:22 PM »

There is too much obvious craziness today to even sum up effectively.

Also, if anyone has tried to watch Mr. Trump's speech, it's obvious that he's having a great deal of trouble pronouncing many of the words on his teleprompter.

He's done. (How long it takes the GOP to admit that, I don't know. But he won't be President in 2021, and probably won't even be on the ballot.)

I'm surprised that you're being so optimistic.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »

Interesting video.

CNN's Brian Stelter calls on the media to have more coverage and conversation around President Donald Trump's mental state.

Click here to watch: https://us.cnn.com/videos/media/2019/08/25/brian-stelter-mental-health-conversation-trump-rs-vpx.cnn
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:16 AM »

Yeah on MSNBC they keep dancing around the mental health issue. They keep talking about how things are getting crazier and crazier and that his behavior is more and more bizarre, but won't actually say that it's possible his mental health is declining. Guests sometimes say this but not the hosts. There might be a network policy not to discuss it in those terms.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2019, 01:01:47 AM »

He is truly struggling to speak.  His rapid decline is a terrible sight to see.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2019, 10:08:14 AM »

Poland trip has been canceled, ostensibly for Hurricane Dorian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-cancels-trip-to-poland-says-he-is-staying-in-the-us-to-monitor-hurricane-dorian/2019/08/29/1749da9c-ca9a-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

I certainly can't say if the given reason is true or not, much like how any specific hurricane cannot be blamed on global warming. However, much like the pattern of hurricanes overall is changed by global warming, I expect we're going to see more of these cancellations as Mr. Trump fails.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2019, 10:17:04 AM »

Trump definitely seems to be losing a step mentally, but I also wonder if his difficulties with the teleprompter might be his eyesight getting worse and he's too vain to get glasses.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2019, 10:45:49 AM »

If he's really, truly struggling like this, it'll out. He can't make it through 14 months of rallies if he's actually mentally in decline.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2019, 11:52:42 AM »

Trump definitely seems to be losing a step mentally, but I also wonder if his difficulties with the teleprompter might be his eyesight getting worse and he's too vain to get glasses.

Contacts and lasik exist, and I’m sure Donald Trump can afford them.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2019, 06:46:58 PM »

He is truly struggling to speak.  His rapid decline is a terrible sight to see.

A Biden-Trump general election next year will truly be a sight to see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies