YouGov National Pre and Post-Debate: Biden leads Warren 30% to 24% -> 23% to 22%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:52:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  YouGov National Pre and Post-Debate: Biden leads Warren 30% to 24% -> 23% to 22%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGov National Pre and Post-Debate: Biden leads Warren 30% to 24% -> 23% to 22%  (Read 1712 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »

Sample size of 1,522 likely voters, conducted June 27th to July 2nd. This is a somewhat unique poll in that it is being compared against another poll released today but conducted June 25th to June 26th of 1,402 likely voters.

Biden — 23% (-7%)
Warren — 22% (-2%)
Harris — 17% (+10%)
Sanders — 15% (-1%)
Buttigieg — 7% (±0)
O'Rourke — 2% (-1%)
Yang — 2% (±0)
Booker — 2% (±0)
Klobuchar — 1% (±0)
Inslee — 1% (±0)
Hickenlooper — 1% (±0)
Castro — 1% (±0)
Delaney — 1% (+1%)
Gabbard — 1% (±0)
Gillibrand — 0% (±0)
Bennet — 0% (±0)
de Blasio — 0% (±0)
Swalwell — 0% (±0)
Ryan — 0% (±0)
Bullock — 0% (±0)
Moulton — 0% (±0)
Sestak — 0% (±0)
Gravel — 0% (±0)
Messam — 0% (±0)
Williamson — 0% (±0)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/paloma/the-trailer/2019/07/02/the-trailer-an-exclusive-poll-on-how-the-debates-changed-the-primary/5d1a1e73a7a0a47d87c56f78
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 06:43:39 PM »

Biden is tanking.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 07:08:50 PM »

Warren & Harris will be the last two standing. I dread seeing them have to attack one another.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »

I won't be surprised if a new poll is released that shows Biden in second or third place nationally at this rate.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:50:45 PM »

I won't be surprised if a new poll is released that shows Biden in second or third place nationally at this rate.

Yeah, doesn't sound far-fetched at all. He's already at third place with bookmakers:

1. Harris - 2.75
2. Warren - 4.5
3. Biden - 5
4. Buttigieg - 7
5. Sanders - 8

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/democrat-candidate
History505
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 07:56:14 PM »

Harris and Warren both in double digits now on RCP average.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:21:45 PM »

So we got three polls today showing a Biden collapse. I really can't fathom a comeback...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:30:35 PM »

The media hyped Biden up, when he announced,  he skipped the Town Hall when he dodged the sex abuse scandal. Another scandal surfaces, with segregation and he didnt debate well.

The Establishment pushed his candidacy, not the voters, who had Harris, Sanders, Beto and Warren to choose from. Biden is the DNC candidate not the voters by choice, that's why he will lose
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 10:23:28 PM »

The Establishment pushed his candidacy, not the voters, who had Harris, Sanders, Beto and Warren to choose from. Biden is the DNC candidate not the voters by choice, that's why he will lose
This. Despite the criticisms lobbed at her, Clinton was/is a stronger candidate than Biden. There was a legitimate constituency excited about her candidacy. You can't say that about Biden at all!
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 10:50:09 PM »

This. Despite the criticisms lobbed at her, Clinton was/is a stronger candidate than Biden. There was a legitimate constituency excited about her candidacy. You can't say that about Biden at all!
Yes, I remember Clinton destroying Biden in the early 2014/15 polls.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »

Biden's lead is narrowing, but there is no consensus runner up

Will be interesting to see where this primary goes

Oh, and by the way, I fully expect Biden to recover from this
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »

Warren & Harris will be the last two standing. I dread seeing them have to attack one another.

Even if they do, I don't think it will be as feisty as the 2016 primary. I fully expect whoever wins to have total, united support from the other candidate and their voters when it's all over. I'm (oddly) optimistic about that.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »

It's just setting things up for a ticket.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »

Even if they do, I don't think it will be as feisty as the 2016 primary. I fully expect whoever wins to have total, united support from the other candidate and their voters when it's all over. I'm (oddly) optimistic about that.
I vote on March 24. I will vote for whichever one is leading in pledged delegates if it's not particularly close. If it's a toss-up in delegates I'm lean Warren but would be ecstatic with either one.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 08:48:30 PM »

It's a big relief after the acrimony of both 2008 and 2016 that it seems clear that this primary will end normally and not in bitter bickering (fingers crossed, I guess).
SInNYC

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »

There is a circumstance under which it will be even feistier: Nobody gets close to 50% of pledged ballots, with some combination of Biden, Bernie, Warren, and Harris in legitimate contention. On the 2nd ballot superdelegates vote enmasse for one candidate giving him/her the win (right now, the establishment is for Biden and Harris.). That would get ugly really fast if the winner is not the leader in pledged delegates.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 07:01:50 PM »

There is a circumstance under which it will be even feistier: Nobody gets close to 50% of pledged ballots, with some combination of Biden, Bernie, Warren, and Harris in legitimate contention. On the 2nd ballot superdelegates vote enmasse for one candidate giving him/her the win (right now, the establishment is for Biden and Harris.). That would get ugly really fast if the winner is not the leader in pledged delegates.

It's definitely possible, and I'm worried about it, but I was directly referring to the Harris-Warren scenario.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies