Which event do you have a more positive opinion of?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which event do you have a more positive opinion of?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which event do you have a more positive opinion of?
Stonewall 1969

United the Right 2017

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Which event do you have a more positive opinion of?  (Read 643 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:31:44 PM »

?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »

I don't know what Stonewall was. I'd have to google it. I would probably dislike both events. I always found the right to protest just, but quite idiotic. Best case, nothing happens. Worse case, you're hurt or arrested.

It's like a child having a picket sign to protest their parents feeding them vegetables for dinner.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »

Just voted unite the right for the memes, really stonewall I guess idk.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 05:12:30 PM »

I don't know what Stonewall was. I'd have to google it. I would probably dislike both events. I always found the right to protest just, but quite idiotic. Best case, nothing happens. Worse case, you're hurt or arrested.[\b]

It's like a child having a picket sign to protest their parents feeding them vegetables for dinner.

You have a point to a point. Besides campaigning or voting, its hard to see the connection between large organized events and change. Or even to slow down or stop ideas that you think are bad.

Those Townhall protests in 2009 basically got the affordable care act watered down, perhaps by a third if not half, and delayed by a good six months.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 05:15:52 PM »

I think the point of this poll is to ask people why they are complaining about pride month when people who complain about pride month generally support some of the same people that had a protest that culminated in a terrorist attack by one of the protesters. Like Mike’s post, it makes you think to a point. Both points are good points but they are a bit black-and-white.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »

Is this really a question?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 10:22:10 AM »

I think the point of this poll is to ask people why they are complaining about pride month when people who complain about pride month generally support some of the same people that had a protest that culminated in a terrorist attack by one of the protesters. Like Mike’s post, it makes you think to a point. Both points are good points but they are a bit black-and-white.

Very few of the people who complain about Pride Month or aren't enamored of the Stonewall protests have any love for Unite the Right.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »

Very few of the people who complain about Pride Month or aren't enamored of the Stonewall protests have any love for Unite the Right.

I would say that 35-40% of the population is "against" Pride Month". I would say 50% of those have at least an ambivalent view of "Unite The Right" and about have of them having some level fondness for UTR. Perhaps more.

I would say 5-10% of voters don't care about what happened at UTR and think it was great, another 10% think what happened there was unfortunate but thought it was a good idea, another 20% think that using UTR as an example of right-wing extremism is unfair but on the surface was against it (when it happened, two republicans at work were in group 2 and the other 4 or 5 vocal ones were in group 3). The next 30% of voters thought it was this horrible thing but don't think too deep into it and another 30% of voters think its a reasonable charactcature  of the rightmost 20-30% of voters.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 11:08:57 AM »

Stonewall (sane, not a fascist)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies