2016 if Trump called for returning to segregation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:01:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 if Trump called for returning to segregation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 if Trump called for returning to segregation  (Read 1284 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2019, 08:41:05 AM »

How would 2016 have gone if Trump went full alt-right/KKK and called to reinstate segregation by repealing the Civil Rights Act and overturn Brown v. Board of Education?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »

Obama 2008+ AZ, NC, GA.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:32:53 PM »

These scenarios are getting ridiculous now
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »

Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 01:04:52 AM »

Do you really think that voters who were fine with someone who referred to Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals would care if he also advocated segregation? hell, he might do even better with these voters in that case.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:14:19 AM »

Do you really think that voters who were fine with someone who referred to Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals would care if he also advocated segregation? hell, he might do even better with these voters in that case.

I agree.

Think of this thread in 2015 before Trump before entered: "What if 2016 GOP candidate calls Mexicans rapists, says John McCain isn't a war hero and brags about grabbing women?" Everyone would have posted the above scenarios.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 11:06:09 AM »

What a disgusting assertion, you should really be ashamed of yourself. Thinking that opposing illegal immigration is comparable to supporting segregation is pure delusion.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »

What a disgusting assertion, you should really be ashamed of yourself. Thinking that opposing illegal immigration is comparable to supporting segregation is pure delusion.
Lol, I didn't say that. I was talking about his rhetoric, not his actual position. and you're lying to yourself if you don't think there's a lot of old white people who would be thrilled by a candidate promising a return to segregation.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »

Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »

You have far too much faith in American voters.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 05:15:40 PM »

Lol, I didn't say that. I was talking about his rhetoric, not his actual position. and you're lying to yourself if you don't think there's a lot of old white people who would be thrilled by a candidate promising a return to segregation.
Outside of WV MS and AL, I doubt any more than 5% of people actually support returning to segregation, even in other southern states.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 06:20:05 PM »

Outside of WV MS and AL, I doubt any more than 5% of people actually support returning to segregation, even in other southern states.

I'd like to see some actual data, but I suspect the number of people who secretly long for a return to those days is much higher than the number who would admit it to a pollster.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 10:45:06 PM »

I'd like to see some actual data, but I suspect the number of people who secretly long for a return to those days is much higher than the number who would admit it to a pollster.

Yep we'd have the "super shy" Trump voter in this timeline's election polling lol
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 07:06:27 PM »

Clinton/Kaine: 413 EV, 53.4%
Trump/Pence: 119 EV, 40.7%
McMullin/Finn: 6 EV, 0.6%
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX