Office of General Deadprez: Deo Vindice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:27:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of General Deadprez: Deo Vindice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of General Deadprez: Deo Vindice  (Read 4991 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 06:03:09 PM »

Vern has been a great senator. What would you do differently than him and what would be your priorities if elected?

One of my big priorities this session is preserving privacy. I helped write the Privacy Restoration Act of 2019 and will help push similar pieces of legislation to ensure people's private lives are not being wrongfully searched. As for differences, I pledge to always explain each vote i cast and never abstain from voting. Even on an amendment One thing I did not like from Senator Vern was his abstained vote on the amendment for the Carbon tax act. It was struck down with overwhelming support on both sides. Why abstain?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 08:38:20 PM »

Thank you to all that showed up even if it was for the food! I hope this was informative for everyone. My door will continue to be open for any questions. Don't forget to vote next week! And take the rest of the food!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2019, 11:46:24 PM »

Endorsed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 06:48:03 AM »

Could you tell us a bit about your history in Atlasia as I believe you were a former player who came back?

To be fair even if you were a total newbie I don't view that as disqualifying at all (I myself was a newbie when first elected to the Senate with only half an appointed term in a regional legislature Tongue ) but a bit of history on your background might be a good idea.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 01:05:35 PM »

Could you tell us a bit about your history in Atlasia as I believe you were a former player who came back?

To be fair even if you were a total newbie I don't view that as disqualifying at all (I myself was a newbie when first elected to the Senate with only half an appointed term in a regional legislature Tongue ) but a bit of history on your background might be a good idea.

I played around 2015. I was recruited by Yankee. This was around the time when democratic-republicans were around I believe. He appointed me to a seat and I was pretty active for my short time in the game.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 01:27:22 PM »

Endorsed
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »

I hate to discuss Discord drama in here but I believe it is appropiate to discuss so that everyone catches it. As of reciently, DeadPrez has started to openly discuss impeaching President Griffin.

I believe this election is very clear now. If you want a partisan witch hunt and to turn the Senate into another gridlocked chamber of partisan discussion like the House, vote DeadPrez for Senate.

If you want an actual positive Senator who will work with everyone, vote Vern.

Hell, even if you don't want to vote for Vern for some reason, even writing-in someone else from the Federalist party would be much better! I can think of a lot of people who would make much better senators.

Senator DeadPrez will be a disaster for the South. Is this who you want representing the South in Congress?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 02:34:08 PM »

After the unnecessary attacks from the left towards you, that sadly vern hasn't called them out for at this time (though I hope he does tell them to stop), you have my full support.

(vern if you read this, I still Purple heart you, and I'm sure the same can be said for those of us who supported you in the past, but the people you are surrounding yourself with now arent looking out for you or your best interests, they are very clearly using you)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 02:56:41 PM »

I hate to discuss Discord drama in here but I believe it is appropiate to discuss so that everyone catches it. As of reciently, DeadPrez has started to openly discuss impeaching President Griffin.

I believe this election is very clear now. If you want a partisan witch hunt and to turn the Senate into another gridlocked chamber of partisan discussion like the House, vote DeadPrez for Senate.

Hell, even if you don't want to vote for Vern for some reason, even writing-in someone else from the Federalist party would be much better! I can think of a lot of people who would make much better senators.

Senator DeadPrez will be a disaster for the South. Is this who you want representing the South in Congress?

Are you implying I will openly use my position as a senator to impeach Griffin? I'm not interested in doing that at all. Do I think he should be impeached? Yes. Will I back moves to impeach him? Yes. But I will not go out of my way to personally start impeachment proceedings. I don't think it's going to happen and quite frankly considering how divided this game is already (friendly reminder it's a game that doesn't affect anyone's lives unless you are a weirdo), it would only make things worse. It's quite clear you guys will defend anything Griffin does. He was out of line with his comments. Nobody is trying to kill anyone.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2019, 03:03:55 PM »

Are you implying I will openly use my position as a senator to impeach Griffin? I'm not interested in doing that at all. Do I think he should be impeached? Yes. Will I back moves to impeach him? Yes. But I will not go out of my way to personally start impeachment proceedings. I don't think it's going to happen and quite frankly considering how divided this game is already (friendly reminder it's a game that doesn't affect anyone's lives unless you are a weirdo), it would only make things worse. It's quite clear you guys will defend anything Griffin does. He was out of line with his comments. Nobody is trying to kill anyone.
impeaching Griffin is the last thing we should be spending our time on. It's a stupid idea.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »

Y'all just can't help yourselves, can you?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2019, 03:06:40 PM »

May I ask how you get the votes for impeachment?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

Endorsed for the Senate race! We need someone who can bring the fight to Nyman especially now than ever. You may be a relatively new player, but you clearly show that you want to win, you have guys, and you will bring bold ideas to congress.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »

impeaching Griffin is the last thing we should be spending our time on. It's a stupid idea.

Gee, that's probably why I said what I said. This whole thing started because of griffin.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »

For what? Winning an election?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2019, 10:09:23 PM »

"He was out of line with his comments"
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2019, 10:18:57 PM »

So you can't just have a dispute with someone without immediately calling for their impeachment? It's absurd.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2019, 10:35:23 PM »

So you can't just have a dispute with someone without immediately calling for their impeachment? It's absurd.

If he wanted a dispute with me, he should have directly spoken to me instead of blowing this out of proportion
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »

A bill is currently being debated in the Senate to legalize euthanasia. If elected, how would you vote on it?

See bill here.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »

To be fair, he did threaten to mobilize the national guard over the South's flag referendum. So it's not like anything directed at Adam from DeadPrez's perspective wasnt warranted.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 11:14:53 PM »

A bill is currently being debated in the Senate to legalize euthanasia. If elected, how would you vote on it?

See bill here.

I'm in favor of the idea behind it so long as both parties voluntarily consent. I think there's room for regulation though. I would hope to add amendments or change the language of the bill. It's a work in progress. In it's current form, I would end up voting no but hope we try again. If we added tweaked it a bit, I would vote yes
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »

Congrats to Vern.

Although I am disappointed in the outcome, there are other things to be optimistic about. Hopefully we can all move forward
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2019, 02:03:18 PM »

Thanks for the win. More to come soon
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2019, 02:22:01 PM »

Congrats on your amazing win!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Congrats on your win for a Chamber of Delegates seat!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies