Congratulations Labor Party, every single one of you endorsed corruption!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:25:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Congratulations Labor Party, every single one of you endorsed corruption!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Congratulations Labor Party, every single one of you endorsed corruption!  (Read 3606 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2019, 11:46:38 AM »

There is only one reason these bills are being introduced right now - fhtagn wants to make sure as few Labor policies as possible ever make the floor over the next four months by flooding the queue with far right wing policies that are guaranteed to fail. The goal is not to pass anything - it's to make sure the incoming majorities have no opportunity to pass any policies they wish to.

I would hardly even call half the bills put up as even right wing but merely good bipartisan bills that should be passed.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2019, 11:55:16 AM »

There is only one reason these bills are being introduced right now - fhtagn wants to make sure as few Labor policies as possible ever make the floor over the next four months by flooding the queue with far right wing policies that are guaranteed to fail. The goal is not to pass anything - it's to make sure the incoming majorities have no opportunity to pass any policies they wish to.

You're so right on, Sestak.
You know you could've introduced and passed bills yourself during any period of your time in Atlasia, especially during that four month Weatherboy trifecta.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »

Ok, I will speak against these tactics of obstruction. I would argue the corrupt ones here are the representatives who clogged up the House queue in order to avoid most (all?) Labor legislation from being discussed.

We had a similar-ish problem in Lincoln reciently when SNJC discovered we had a filibuster-like system in the region where a single representative or a handful could freeze a bill in its tracks.

Unlike here though, SNJC was rightfully shunned and the amendment to get rid of the regional filibuster was passed almost unaniously, with bipartisan support, with every opposition Councillor voting for it.

This quote in particular by ASV (not exactly a partisan Laborite) is a very enlightening one and one that I feel applies just as much for the House of Representatives as it does for the Lincoln Council

It is a sad day for this region. We have today, told the minority, that their voices do not matter. We have paved the way for far-right and far-left legislation. It is our solemn duty to bring back the filibuster, immediately. All abolishing the filibuster does is eliminate the need for compromise. Now, everyone will become a hyper-partisan. We will all run from the center and now vote the party line. This law is absolutely atrocious and will be a disaster. I urge us to consider repealing part of this law, to preserve the tradition of compromise and centrism.

The majority has a right to pass legislation. The people voted for a Labor majority, they voted for Labor's legislative program. Labor has a mandate to implement their policies.
The minority has ever right to attempt to water down legislation, but the minority has no right to obstruct the will of the people.

I will also add, do we really want to bring the dysfunctional manners of RL into Atlasia? I most definitely do not.

Tack,

I am of the opinion that a filibuster in the Senate should exist, and you can only break the filibuster with 60% of votes. I am also of the opinion that if you wish to bypass that, you should use budget reconciliation. The House is the chamber for party-line votes, the Senate should require 60% of votes. This should also go for regional legislatures. And as a Senator, you should consider, if giving your party, 60% of the vote, will be a politically costly move. Filibusters should also exist regionally. We pride ourselves, on being the nation that gives the most power to the minority party. The minority party keeps us from going extreme. So why, go to hyperpartisan party-line votes. We all need more bipartisanship, it's been forgotten in this age of polarization.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »

You're so right on, Sestak.

How many bills have you introduced in all of your terms in the House?

Serious question.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2019, 01:13:37 PM »

“We’re going to stop Labor representatives from doing their jobs”

“Why?”

“uhhhh BCUZ LABOR REPS AREN’T DOING THEIR JOBS”
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2019, 01:23:19 PM »

I mean, I wanted this kind of obstruction tactics to happen because it makes the game funnier.

But seriously, I don't understand why it is so difficult not to admit doing that?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2019, 01:31:20 PM »

But seriously, I don't understand why it is so difficult not to admit doing that?
Moral high ground, Windjammer. They are righteously opposing us perfidious Laborites, by any means necessary
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2019, 01:37:09 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2019, 01:41:52 PM by Representative fhtagn »

“Why?”

You still have yet to come up with a reason for why they havent the last several congresses.

So I'll ask you again since I've asked you this several times over the last year, why havent labor reps bothered contributing in Congress? Both the house and Senate are pretty inactive for laborites.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »

I don't know what it's all about nor I care to know. I'm just an honest zombie Labor voter.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »

“Why?”

This doesn't stop yall from doing yalls job. There are many ways to the floor, and hell ... one of them is as simple as asking a friendly rep with more bills to swap spots. As long as its not something awful like literally ratifying partisan laziness into the rules Im sure someone amongst the 6 reps who have already prefiled bills would be willing to share space ... you know, if they aren't being called jerks just for introducing good policies.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2019, 02:22:42 PM »

“Why?”

Well, if Labor isn't interested in governing, we the Feds might as well get the job of governing done for you all.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »

“Why?”

This doesn't stop yall from doing yalls job. There are many ways to the floor, and hell ... one of them is as simple as asking a friendly rep with more bills to swap spots. As long as its not something awful like literally ratifying partisan laziness into the rules Im sure someone amongst the 6 reps who have already prefiled bills would be willing to share space ... you know, if they aren't being called jerks just for introducing good policies.

I've made very clear numerous times that I'm willing to compromise when it comes to legislation introduced. However, when the "compromise" being offered is keeping a poorly constructed rules change that clearly only benefits the labor and peace parties, scrapping all my bills, and only having the ones I introduced hand picked by Labor reps and only seeing the floor after one month, that is not a reasonable offer. And anyone in the Labor Party who thinks someone would agree to that is a moron.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »

“Why?”

Well, if Labor isn't interested in governing, we the Feds might as well get the job of governing done for you all.

Labor hasn't even started to govern though! The people have spoken and they want another try at a Labor government. I remind everyone of the ASV quote I posted.

If we were in August and Labor had been inactive, you might have had a point (and even then there should not be 40 bills introduced at once ever; bills should be spaced out to not have a sudden surge and avoid clogging up the slots).

But Griffin hasn't even sworn in yet and you aren't even giving him a chance to govern!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »

“Why?”

Labor hasn't even started to govern though! The people have spoken and they want another try at a Labor government. I remind everyone of the ASV quote I posted.

If we were in August and Labor had been inactive, you might have had a point (and even then there should not be 40 bills introduced at once ever; bills should be spaced out to not have a sudden surge and avoid clogging up the slots).

But Griffin hasn't even sworn in yet and you aren't even giving him a chance to govern!

Labor has had the majority in the house (and at times, even the Senate) for quite some time. Why haven't they been contributing before?

And once again, it doesn't clog up the slots. Each rep is only allowed 2 each, and as Mr. R pointed out, many of us have been willing to compromise and trade slots with other reps so their bills get a chance. However, Adam and the Labor house caucus don't seem very interested in reasonable solutions.

Lots of bills is healthy for Congress. If you don't want an active Congress, at least have the guts to admit it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2019, 03:28:41 PM »

Uh oh, Laborites are now mentally handicapped, idiots, scummier than ever before, and morons! What insult will the Representative think of next?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2019, 03:29:41 PM »

Uh oh, Laborites are now mentally handicapped, idiots, scummier than ever before, and morons! What insult will the Representative think of next?

Please learn to read.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2019, 03:35:09 PM by Senator LouisvilleThunder »

“Why?”

Your obsession with taking ASV and Wulfric seriously just makes you look even more ridiculous.

Why should we go easy on Griff? I'm a strong advocate of the concept of "live by the sword, die by the sword" considering his long history of abusing power and engaging in self proclaimed "vile tactics." Now, I don't necessarily see it as morally wrong to play the game like this and still win, but Adam deserves whatever treatment by the opposition that he'll get. I'm sure he can still handle this anyway.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »

If the right care so much about activity, why did they re-elect Alancia, who has missed a grand total of 24 votes during their term in the House? That makes a mockery of the people of Atlasia. If Alancia isn't forced to step up their activity or resign very soon, then the hypocrisy of the Atlasian right will be very, very clear.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2019, 03:37:13 PM »

“Why?”

Your obsession with taking ASV and Wulfric seriously just makes you look even more ridiculous.

Why should we go easy on Griff? I'm a strong advocate of the concept of "live by the sword, die by the sword" considering his long history of abusing power and engaging in self proclaimed "vile tactics." Now, I don't necessarily see it as morally wrong to play the game like this and still win, but Adam deserves whatever treatment by the opposition that he'll get. I'm sure he can still handle this anyway.
Well dear I think you died by the sword this last weekend Smiley
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2019, 03:37:24 PM »

Please learn to read.
I'll add 'illiterate' to the list
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2019, 03:39:35 PM »

“Why?”

Labor has had the majority in the house (and at times, even the Senate) for quite some time. Why haven't they been contributing before?

And once again, it doesn't clog up the slots. Each rep is only allowed 2 each, and as Mr. R pointed out, many of us have been willing to compromise and trade slots with other reps so their bills get a chance. However, Adam and the Labor house caucus don't seem very interested in reasonable solutions.

Lots of bills is healthy for Congress. If you don't want an active Congress, at least have the guts to admit it.

Ok, so you think Labor has not been contributing?

Here are the statistics for the House during the current House, in terms of bills sponsored by representatives that have been processed by the House. This includes tabled bills, passed bills and failed bills, but excludes bills that originated in the Senate:

Jimmy: 7
Dfw: 1
fhtagn: 8
MB: 17
alancia: 1
lfromnj: 1

Or if you want the party line numbers, Labor wins 25-10 Wink

I will check the Senate (under Fed de facto control) for a comparison, but for now I will note the House has been the more active chamber of Congress during this session
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2019, 03:50:34 PM »

“Why?”

Ok, so you think Labor has not been contributing?

Here are the statistics for the House during the current House, in terms of bills sponsored by representatives that have been processed by the House. This includes tabled bills, passed bills and failed bills, but excludes bills that originated in the Senate:

Jimmy: 7
Dfw: 1
fhtagn: 8
MB: 17
alancia: 1
lfromnj: 1

Or if you want the party line numbers, Labor wins 25-10 Wink

I will check the Senate (under Fed de facto control) for a comparison, but for now I will note the House has been the more active chamber of Congress during this session

Yes, MB spammed old TNF bills this session. Funny you have no complaints about him clogging up the queue when he did that (though worth noting that he wasn't a member of the Labor party at the time he submitted most of those bills). Not a single member of the Labor party has come up with a reason for why 3/5 of the current Labor caucus doesn't contribute, so would you like to answer that?

The number of bills I've introduced is in line with what I've done this session and in previous sessions I've served in Congress. You don't really have any room to complain when you're clearly defending one of your own who has submitted more.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2019, 03:53:31 PM »

As house minority leader I'm shocked over these charges of obstruction just because we're introducing lots of good bills.

Tack the point is that MB has 17 of those and when he was spamming bills nobody complained. Also I'm sponsoring a couple that are currently on the floor now.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2019, 03:53:48 PM »

If the right care so much about activity, why did they re-elect Alancia, who has missed a grand total of 24 votes during their term in the House? That makes a mockery of the people of Atlasia. If Alancia isn't forced to step up their activity or resign very soon, then the hypocrisy of the Atlasian right will be very, very clear.

Everything is OK if you’re on the Atlasian right, haven’t you heard?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »

Lets summarize this for the good of everyone: The problem Labor has with this onslaught is the timing, most of the spam bills were introduced immediately after Adam won the Pres election and the left won control of both chambers of Congress, you really don't see why anyone would find that suspicious?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies