Sestak for Labor Chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:19:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sestak for Labor Chair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sestak for Labor Chair  (Read 1449 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »

SESTAK FOR CHAIR

Members of Labor,

This past weekend, we've won major victories at all levels, and staved off one of the best right wing campaigns ever to win the Presidency for Labor pillar Adam Griffin. But now, there is still more work to be done, as we look to take advantage of our victories and set the stage for many future victories to come. With Jimmy taking the vice presidency, we need a new chair, so I am running to reassume the position.

If elected, I plan to make changes in the following areas:

Openness: When I first refounded the party, a lot was shrouded in secrecy - as it had to be, for the party to get off the ground at all. At this point, however, that view has long outstayed its usefulness. We need to be more open and accessible to our newer members, not the other way around. If elected, I will open up our party chats so that all Labor members - and Labor allies - will have much easier access to them.

Formalization of allied parties: Labor now has several smaller parties with strong, close ties with us, and it's time we formalized our relationships. I will seek to amend our bylaws to allow us to enter into formal agreements with other parties which would allow them to vote in and contest Labor primaries on equal footing with Labor members in exchange for agreeing to back its final result, creating a formalized "Labor Alliance" to contest elections.

Promotion of New Players: As chair, I will encourage new recruits to get involved in Labor activity quickly, and I will actively support newer party members to run for offices instead of older, more established ones. Also, I will not prescribe a formula for new players requiring them to start at the regional legislative level and will never discount a candidate for House or even Senate solely due to not having held office in the game before - as someone whose first real Atlasia office was in the House, it would be hypocritical of me to deny others the same.

Policy Pipeline: I plan to try to establish a pipeline by which Labor members who are out of office can work with Labor legislators and our legislative team to craft policy, allowing those players to try their hand at governing and ensuring that the party continues to steadily put out policy. In the short term, this would of course be done with some administration coordination, but ideally it would continue to work on its own in the long term even when Labor is in opposition.

Finally, one thing that I've most certainly learned (the hard way) is that I can't hope to do everything or most things alone. I intend to establish a team around me to delegate organizational tasks. At the center of such a team, however, Labor needs dedicated elected Politburo leadership. This is why, in addition to my candidacy, I am calling on all Labor members to support Pericles for Vice Chair and The Shadowy Abyss for General Secretary. Both are committed Labor members and former officeholders who I am confident I can work with to bring great success for Labor and for Atlasia.

We've got ourselves some great momentum...let's keep it going!

Vote Sestak/Pericles/TSA for leadership!

image credit goes to Lumine, who used it in The Crusader's "Election Special No. 2" on 06 September 2018. Lumine, if you'd rather I not use this please let me know.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:12:48 PM »

You know the irony is that LT's comment about Labor came as off as inappropriate to me, but DFW's latest post essentially amounts to "LAbor will keep him from going off the rails, so he can serve as an effective Deputy GM".

We have a history of trusting partisan figures as being GM or Deputy GM, that doesn't concern me. What concerns me is that we have a partisan organization holding its organizational stability up as the primary means by which an individuals' competence will be maintained and a sudden departure avoided. As someone who has seen instability in both parties crop up out of nowhere, it seems rather dubious.

I for one most certainly am in favor of Sestak working out his differences with Lumine, regardless of what happens here in this confirmation hearing, but there are other unrelated and direct pressing questions that need to be answered as well. I can understand if he prefers to answer them all at once, after having completed an interaction with Lumine, but until those answers are given and given from him instead of DFW or anyone else I don't feel comfortable voting in favor.
What I meant was that we wont let him get too involved in labor leadership and such which is what overwhelmed him and caused him to quit last time Tongue This will ensure he doesn't get overwhelmed and will be able to serve the position without worrying about who is gotving for us.

That didn't last long. Tongue
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »

You know the irony is that LT's comment about Labor came as off as inappropriate to me, but DFW's latest post essentially amounts to "LAbor will keep him from going off the rails, so he can serve as an effective Deputy GM".

We have a history of trusting partisan figures as being GM or Deputy GM, that doesn't concern me. What concerns me is that we have a partisan organization holding its organizational stability up as the primary means by which an individuals' competence will be maintained and a sudden departure avoided. As someone who has seen instability in both parties crop up out of nowhere, it seems rather dubious.

I for one most certainly am in favor of Sestak working out his differences with Lumine, regardless of what happens here in this confirmation hearing, but there are other unrelated and direct pressing questions that need to be answered as well. I can understand if he prefers to answer them all at once, after having completed an interaction with Lumine, but until those answers are given and given from him instead of DFW or anyone else I don't feel comfortable voting in favor.
What I meant was that we wont let him get too involved in labor leadership and such which is what overwhelmed him and caused him to quit last time Tongue This will ensure he doesn't get overwhelmed and will be able to serve the position without worrying about who is gotving for us.

Lasted longer than dfw's tenure in Labor (who defected May 15).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »

100% Endorsed. You lead the Labor Revival, I see no reason not to give you the reigns once more.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 06:17:06 PM »

Endorsed ofc.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 06:17:22 PM »

endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »

Lasted longer than dfw's tenure in Labor (who defected May 15).

Which is my birthday I would point out. Not sure if he intended that, but he certainly knew when it was since the May birthdays being so close together was commonly discussed on IRC/Fedcord.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »

Endorsed!
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 07:04:11 PM »

Endorsed for one term.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »

Reiterating my endorsement.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »

Endorsed and good luck!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »

Best of luck, though I certainly regret the fact that the Senate was rather openly misled when it came to not taking on roles such as a chairing a party.

image credit goes to Lumine, who used it in The Crusader's "Election Special No. 2" on 06 September 2018. Lumine, if you'd rather I not use this please let me know.

Go ahead! Though I'll have to find the retrospective attribution for the original unedited pick, I'll send it you when I found it so it's edited in The Crusader and in here as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 08:34:53 PM »

Best of luck, though I certainly regret the fact that the Senate was rather openly misled when it came to not taking on roles such as a chairing a party.

Lock them up!!!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 08:38:43 PM »

Lock them up!!!

Alright, you guys feel free to go try to lock up DFW.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »

I am vindicated! Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:00 PM »

I am vindicated! Wink

Hello, I am NC Yankee, gullible idiot in training
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 09:23:59 PM »

To be fair.....I lost any culpability for this when I left labor. Also to be fair I apologized to Lumine for the whole thing a couple of weeks ago as I realized the whole affair was a bit of a mistake.

That being said....I could see this either being a massive mistake (making both of the people I brought back or helped bring back in the past 2 months labor chair + labor vice chair) or one of the greatest moves ever.

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »

Endorsed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »

Endorsed! Glad to have you back as chair!

Promotion of New Players: As chair, I will encourage new recruits to get involved in Labor activity quickly, and I will actively support newer party members to run for offices instead of older, more established ones. Also, I will not prescribe a formula for new players requiring them to start at the regional legislative level and will never discount a candidate for House or even Senate solely due to not having held office in the game before - as someone whose first real Atlasia office was in the House, it would be hypocritical of me to deny others the same.

In particular, I can personally be living proof of this. Sestak was arguably the person who helped me the most back when I was a complete newbie here. His entire platform is great but this point is one where in my opinion he has proven he can deliver.

Same goes for candidates running directly for House or even Senate; back when I first ran for Senate, my only legislative experience was a month in the Southern CoD (appointed by then-Governor tmth). Newbies can and should be encouraged to run for any office if there are vacancies, including the House and Senate.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 09:24:41 PM »

Endorsed. I look forward to working with you in leadership.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2019, 04:34:49 AM »

Endorsed
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »

Endorsed
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 05:41:50 AM »

Sachin Sestak for Labor

wikimedia commons (creative commons)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2019, 06:17:35 PM »

Sadly, TSA's RL schedule has forced him to drop out of this race. While he would have been a great choice in leadership, real life does always come first and I completely understand his decision.

That being said, I'd like to welcome Peanut to the General Secretary race - Peanut has served very well in this role over the past few months and has been a great organizer, and I'm confident he'll continue to over the next four months - thus, I endorse Peanut for reelecton as General Secretary - Sestak/Pericles/Peanut for leadership!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2019, 03:32:10 PM »

Endorsed!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: