Google Executive: Only companies like Google can "prevent next Trump situation"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Google Executive: Only companies like Google can "prevent next Trump situation"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Google Executive: Only companies like Google can "prevent next Trump situation"  (Read 868 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:33 PM »

What makes you think that by "next Trump situation" he doesn't mean Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders? It sounds absurd to us but many extremely wealthy people place Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump in the same category.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 09:47:35 PM »

It was already apparent Google and the other silicon valley corps were liberal but this takes it to the next level. Companies using their control of information and social networking to influence elections. We need to make sure that we can catch them if they try.

And we are not going to nationalize Google, that's just stupid.

You would think this would make people like you finally admit that large corporations have too much power and need to face more taxes and regulation to limit their reach.

But, no, you're just going to be selectively outraged and just yell about it when it's a corporation whose management doesn't want the same things you do.

Nationalization is not the same thing as regulation dumbass. And yes I do support regulation of businesses to an extent, especially the tech sector. I do like Warren's proposal to break up tech giants.
Um... where did he bring up nationalization?  And to precisely what/which extent do you support regulation of businesses?  And why the tech sector in particular?
He assumed just because I don't support nationalization of Google that I didn't support regulation, and I do. I support more regulation of large corporations while loosening regulations on smaller businesses. This includes making sure that companies don't get too large to the point of being monopolies. I support prevention of mergers of companies of a certain size, and I would also support breaking up companies that have gotten too big. Companies like Amazon, Google, and Facebook are clear examples of where they have knocked out all competition and now control the markets. They are acquiring new businesses and startups by the month, killing potential jobs in the process, and making it harder for people to start new businesses. This effect trickles down into the economic situation of Americans, as it hurts the middle and working classes which are already under threat. This is an area where I differ from the current GOP, and if you haven't guessed already I'm an economic populist. Fortunately, the modern Republican Party is starting to head in a more economically left wing direction, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future there is a full realignment.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »

What makes you think that by "next Trump situation" he doesn't mean Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders? It sounds absurd to us but many extremely wealthy people place Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump in the same category.

It already meant Bernie. Google was working for Hillary during the primary.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies