Google Executive: Only companies like Google can "prevent next Trump situation"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Google Executive: Only companies like Google can "prevent next Trump situation"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Google Executive: Only companies like Google can "prevent next Trump situation"  (Read 867 times)
Omega21

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2019, 02:16:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re9Xp6cdkro

You can find a shorter video about it from another, in my opinion, more objective guy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofqL3W6Aeg
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »

I hereby request a special counsel into Google interference for 2020.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »

And when it’s Bernie mark II, you will forget you had said this.
Omega21

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 02:20:56 PM »

And when it’s Bernie mark II, you will forget you had said this.

I'm not American so I don't really get it, could you please elaborate?

I don't really care about Trump, I'm just sharing this because I saw it, and no one posted it yet.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »

Nationalise Google imo
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 05:36:04 PM »

They're kind of right. Trump may have inevitably run for President in any timeline's 2016, but he may not necessarily have always run as an internet troll in the flesh or benefited from the worst of the internet as he did in our woeful timeline.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »

And of course Youtube (owned by Google) removed the link to the actual video from Project Veritas, go here:

https://www.projectveritas.com/video/insider-blows-whistle-exec-reveals-google-plan-to-prevent-trump-situation-in-2020-on-hidden-cam/

This is a problem with large companies controlling the largest online speech platforms.

I'm forced to agree.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 10:58:04 AM »

What ever happened to free markets?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 11:22:05 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2019, 11:29:03 AM by Edgar Suit Larry »

There's a difference between conservatives, libertarians, and nationalists. The 2012 election proved that you really couldn't create a winning coalition with the former two and that the only way to win as a right-of-center candidate basically anywhere in the 21st century is to find a way to get the latter group off of the sidelines. They are not a large group but they are a good chunk of people who were like "WHAT? the election was TODAY? Darn! I knew there was something I forgot to do after work! /s" for decades. Now they are donating, knocking on doors, and coming out in bus loads to the polls for Republicans, Tories, and the likes of Orban, LePen, Erdogan, and Modi. Republicans and their international ideological (and sometimes operational) allies are winning elections again. The party elders are still trying to keep the focus on 1) phasing out any and all taxation and regulation on their businesses, 2) regulating and banning, if possible, everything that is a distraction or competition from and against those activities, and  3) using military campaigns to increase supply through plundering and demand through fighting. However, these new guys really don't care about making them money or fighting their wars but they are interested in the former giving them, and only them, jobs, "pride", "security" and a "purpose". Instead of relying on civil guarantees of freedom and opportunities, this new generation of Joe Schmoes are relying something completely different to achieve, in my father's eloquence, "a tight pussy and a warm place to sh**t".

Long story short: Ring of Center =/= "Capitalist".
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »

:shrug:

I mean, is there anyone out there that actually didn't know that most Silicon Valley companies are an arm of the Democratic Party?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 11:34:36 AM »

The free market goes out the window when conservatives can't say whatever they want to on other people's websites.

This is a problem with large companies controlling the largest online speech platforms.

I'm forced to agree.

Anyone is free to purchase their own server and/or find web hosting that will allow extremist political views. I believe that Russian .ru domains are perfectly fine with right-wing content.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »

The free market goes out the window when conservatives can't say whatever they want to on other people's websites.

I'm forced to agree.

Anyone is free to purchase their own server and/or find web hosting that will allow extremist political views. I believe that Russian .ru domains are perfectly fine with right-wing content.

Except that I heard that Putin doesn't like it when some of his domestic commentators go too far to the right as hard as that is to imagine.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »

:shrug:

I mean, is there anyone out there that actually didn't know that most Silicon Valley companies are an arm of the Democratic Party?

If anything it should be the other way around (for some of the party at least)...
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 12:01:40 PM »

I'm forced to agree.

This is you missing the point. Bitchute works just fine, but YouTube has the default majority. And if the masses on YT are only exposed to one side of issues that is "Google-approved", that's how we get on the road to fascism.  Not from the bad orange man.

This would be my opinion if they were banning all leftist thought from YouTube instead as well.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »

Google is an indexer of information that monetizes that information and sells you ads. What are they supposed to do when Trump frequently uses false information and lies to manipulate the public? Is Google supposed to be ok with that and devalue their platform as a matter of "fairness"?

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

Monopolies are not free markets
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »

Google is an indexer of information that monetizes that information and sells you ads. What are they supposed to do when Trump frequently uses false information and lies to manipulate the public? Is Google supposed to be ok with that and devalue their platform as a matter of "fairness"?

Google are already devaluing YouTube to the tune of billions to squelch out speech they don't like.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/25/google-youtube-advertising-extremist-content-att-verizon

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/youtube-algorithm-changes-negatively-impact-google-ad-revenue.html
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 12:28:18 PM »

I mean it's pretty worrying that alleged liberals are apparently so comortable with an immensely rich and powerful, unaccountable, private organisation having such an ability to control the information that we access and comsume.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 04:31:49 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2019, 04:35:54 PM by Invisible Obama »

This is you missing the point. Bitchute works just fine, but YouTube has the default majority. And if the masses on YT are only exposed to one side of issues that is "Google-approved", that's how we get on the road to fascism.  Not from the bad orange man.

This would be my opinion if they were banning all leftist thought from YouTube instead as well.

Youtube is a convenience, not a constitutional right. They can regulate their content however they like. With that said, if Google regulating extremist content prevents another Trump, then praise the Lord. That's not really the point though, the point is that private websites should not be nationalized to placate anyone.

A monopoly is a what the telephone company was before it was broken up. People couldn't start their own telephone system, but in the case of search engines and video websites a person can host their content on their own server or go through a website that permits their content.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 07:34:59 PM »

It was already apparent Google and the other silicon valley corps were liberal but this takes it to the next level. Companies using their control of information and social networking to influence elections. We need to make sure that we can catch them if they try.

And we are not going to nationalize Google, that's just stupid.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 08:52:46 PM »

It was already apparent Google and the other silicon valley corps were liberal but this takes it to the next level. Companies using their control of information and social networking to influence elections. We need to make sure that we can catch them if they try.

You would think this would make people like you finally admit that large corporations have too much power and need to face more taxes and regulation to limit their reach.

But, no, you're just going to be selectively outraged and just yell about it when it's a corporation whose management doesn't want the same things you do.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »

Google is a utility and should be treated as such.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 09:01:06 PM »

Google was biased in favor of the candidate in the Democratic primary who managed to lose to Trump.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 09:30:26 PM »

You would think this would make people like you finally admit that large corporations have too much power and need to face more taxes and regulation to limit their reach.

But, no, you're just going to be selectively outraged and just yell about it when it's a corporation whose management doesn't want the same things you do.

Nationalization is not the same thing as regulation dumbass. And yes I do support regulation of businesses to an extent, especially the tech sector. I do like Warren's proposal to break up tech giants.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »

Nationalization is not the same thing as regulation dumbass. And yes I do support regulation of businesses to an extent, especially the tech sector. I do like Warren's proposal to break up tech giants.
Um... where did he bring up nationalization?  And to precisely what/which extent do you support regulation of businesses?  And why the tech sector in particular?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies