Florida woman arrested for turning violent husband's guns over to police
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Florida woman arrested for turning violent husband's guns over to police
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida woman arrested for turning violent husband's guns over to police  (Read 397 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »

A woman in Florida was arrested for theft June 15 after turning her husband’s guns over to police. She was reportedly afraid for her life.

Courtney Irby, 32, of Bartow, Fla. allegedly went to her husband’s home on June 15, took two of his guns, and brought them to the Lakeland Police Department. This happened while her estranged husband, Joseph Irby, was in jail for allegedly trying to hit her with a car. He was arrested June 14 on domestic violence charges.

After Courtney Irby turned over the weapons, authorities arrested her and charged her with two counts of grand theft and one count of armed burglary.
Time

This vaguely reminds me of when my mother went to the cops to report grand theft, only to be arrested afterwards on an alleged (read: frivolous) DUI when she wasn't intoxicated at all.  (Much different circumstances, obviously.)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »

Polk County has one of the worst sheriffs in Florida. He's a "good ole boy" named Grady Judd who is consistently an embarrassing grandstanding moron.

No idea if this case fall under his jurisdiction but it wouldn't surprise me.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »

If he hit her with a car he is capable of using a gun on her as well. In domestic violence cases I believe that the abuser should not be allowed to possess any firearms.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »

If he hit her with a car he is capable of using a gun on her as well. In domestic violence cases I believe that the abuser should not be allowed to possess any firearms.

You have to remember, they think gun rights are more important than the right someone has to life. Sacrifices must be made, life be damned (unless it's a fetus). 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »

Isn't that already the case under the Lautenberg Amendment?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »

So, we finally get a somewhat benign sounding "Florida person" story, which is already nuts in its own right, and then it comes back around to having a crazy twist anyway? This state is outdoing M. Night Shyamalan!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies