Does Donald Trump KNOW E Jean Carroll?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:08:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does Donald Trump KNOW E Jean Carroll?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above.
Donald Trump is lying about not knowing E Jean Carroll, the sexual assault did happen

Donald Trump once knew E Jean Carroll but he forgot that she existed, the sexual assault did happen

Donald Trump is lying about not knowing E Jean Carroll, the sexual assault did NOT happen

Donald Trump once knew E Jean Carroll but he forgot that she existed, the sexual assault did NOT happen

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Does Donald Trump KNOW E Jean Carroll?  (Read 1033 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2019, 06:29:46 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/22/trump-sexual-assault-accuser-e-jean-carroll

Donald Trump has not only denied committing any sexual assaults, he has also repeatedly said that he has "no idea who this woman is", despite the fact that a photograph from 1987 shows him with E Jean Carroll at the same party.

So,what's going on here?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 06:59:30 AM »

Whatever Trump says is the truth. Especially when it comes to women. America has already decided that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:03:49 AM »

I do earnestly believe that Trump has met so many people and has had his picture taken with so many people that he doesn't remember all of their names.

A couple of months ago, I went to a meeting of people in my organization.  There was a photo.  I can't remember all the names of people I was with; I'd have to look at that.  If I said I never met them, I'd be telling a false statement, but I wouldn't be deliberately lying.  

I tend to believe these assaults did not occur, but I'm not going to say that loudly.  I was not impressed with Ms. Carroll's account, but I'll suspend judgement on that issue. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 08:38:34 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2019, 08:53:00 AM by Edgar Suit Larry »

It could be at the level of a fit but spergish guy discovering Tinder and being really implicit after a date and the girl, being pretty but somewhat of a sperg herself, not knowing what to do so it happened in a somewhat weird and not super kosher way. I could believe that. That’s the most innocent thing I can believe with anything with him on this issue. I want to believe it but we’re talking about someone whose demonstrated the abilities of someone with an EQ of 160, not 70.  OTOH, people who actually got to know him said he was kind of a sperg in business school. Maybe he apes all these things because of the time freed up by having infinite resources?

This is more or less the least “hackish” answer you will get from me. It really wasn’t that bad, somehow he didn’t know any better (Or wasn’t quick enough on his feet to understand what he was doing in real time)and  still it was wrong. Whatever it was, it happened.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 08:50:37 AM »

Since when do you have to know someone personally in order to sexually assault them?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2019, 09:01:43 AM by Edgar Suit Larry »

Since when do you have to know someone personally in order to sexually assault them?

I think what he meant to say is that the incident never happened because he was never there in her presence.

Entire idea that he would forget, I am having doubts about. Famous or very outgoing men can remember hundreds of  such encounters.  The single working stiff can remember dozens.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 10:05:38 AM »

The stereotypical "stranger rape" fits that. The "acquaintance rape" in which the rapist knows a little about the person nearly fits that.

Donald Trump is already infamous for misogyny. To be sure, many anti-feminist men can eschew sexual assault: at the least such men can be extremely protective of wives, sisters, mothers, and daughters. Such men hate rape because such violates what they see as the duty of men to protect loved ones, and out of empathy with men that they see as much as victims of rape as women or girls they would never commit rape and support severe punishment for rape. I know some such men, and they are almost never rapists.

A detective who grilled the serial killer and serial rapist (he usually raped and murdered) Ted Bundy was astonished to find that unlike other rapists he refrained from the use of degrading language when discussing women in general. Well, President Trump has been shown to express such language which includes vulgar descriptions of female genitals.

As a man I would advise any female to stay clear of any man who expresses such language. OK, you can rightly use the word bitch to describe a female who barks and bears puppies... it is rather paradoxical because I would want a woman to protect her children as ferociously as a literal bitch (the sort that says "Woof! Woof!") protects her puppies.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »

I voted one, but then reconsidered number two. On the one hand, his brain is obviously showing signs of significant decay. He already has extreme difficulty and always has dealing with anything beyond the absolute immediate moment, so anyone who hasn't praised or done something good for him in the immediate past could very easily fall by the wayside in his increasingly fraying neurons.

On the other hand, this is the same ass-whole who after talking in great detail just a decade and a half before why he left the Reform Party because of the influence of people like David Duke and the others claimed he had no idea who David Duke even was after Duke Express to support of his. I'm sorry, but that's and almost impossible leap of faith to believe Trump genuinely had no idea who Duke was. He has a history about lying about things like this, and frankly just lying in general.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »

Nice biased poll without a Trump doesn’t know her and isn’t lying option.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »

I have no idea, and although I certainly don't think Trump is above doing what she described, there's also no real proof so it's a he said/she said situation. to be clear I'm certainly not saying she's a liar or anything to that effect; people who claim to have been sexually assaulted deserve to be believed and taken seriously until proven to be lying.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »

He knows her in the biblical sense, so it seems.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »

So the question is whether I trust the world's most compulsive liar or not?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 03:07:39 AM »

How is it biased if we have evidence he's met her?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 07:30:24 AM »

I would not expect him to remember everybody he's had a picture with. I do imagine he remembers someone he raped though.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »

How is it biased if we have evidence he's met her?

Know means more than just meet. Do you know everyone you’ve ever met at a party or on the street?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 10:35:25 AM »

Trump's innocent on this one folks! He only rapes women who are "his type".

https://www.axios.com/trump-says-he-didnt-rape-author-e-jean-carroll-shes-not-my-type-583e3750-9483-4248-b6dd-a2ea39f0df3d.html
"I’ll say it with great respect: No. 1, she’s not my type. No. 2, it never happened. It never happened, OK?"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »

I would not expect him to remember everybody he's had a picture with. I do imagine he remembers someone he raped though.

Sadly, I literally doubt he remembers everyone he's sexually assaulted. Literally.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »

Trump's innocent on this one folks! He only rapes women who are "his type".

https://www.axios.com/trump-says-he-didnt-rape-author-e-jean-carroll-shes-not-my-type-583e3750-9483-4248-b6dd-a2ea39f0df3d.html
"I’ll say it with great respect: No. 1, she’s not my type. No. 2, it never happened. It never happened, OK?"

This might somehow be a new low for him. This is a seriously disgusting comment! Why isn't it bigger news? He is basically implying that he would rape someone who is his "type."
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2019, 02:07:52 AM »

Because by the time it would gain traction, he would have already said something even worse.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »

Sadly, I literally doubt he remembers everyone he's sexually assaulted. Literally.

That's how it was with Bill Cosby, except that nobody has yet to show that Trump ever spiked anyone's drinks.

One accusation of sexual assault could be mistaken identity, a misunderstanding, craziness of the accuser, or a complete fabrication (for gain or attention). Multiple accusations? Something will likely stick. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies