ICE to begin mass arrests and deportations across major U.S cities starting Sun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:24:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ICE to begin mass arrests and deportations across major U.S cities starting Sun
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ICE to begin mass arrests and deportations across major U.S cities starting Sun  (Read 3418 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2019, 09:57:02 AM »

Mexico is not a safe country by law so there is no obligation for Central Americans to claim asylum there. Further, Mexico isn't a safe country in practice either - it's extremely dangerous, particularly for migrants.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2019, 10:00:17 AM »

Deplorable Donny is throwing another bone to his base instead of working on a legislative solution to solve immigration and border security at once.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2019, 10:23:17 AM »

Well, he already delayed this anyway after the Notorious N.A.N.C.Y. called and asked him to.

The xenophobic bigots will have to wait to watch the goons tear families apart so they can get their rocks off.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 12:32:04 AM »

Stop comparing ICE with the Gestapo please.

You have no clue what the Gestapo even was ...

ICE is enforcing the laws of the US, which says that people with a negative asylum request need to be brought out of the country. Everything else would be a breach of law and a slap in the face of those who came legally to the US.

Let's get this done and remove the illegals !

Tactics matter. Means matter. My great-grandparents didn't fight WWII so that America could have pre-dawn raids, mass round-ups, and concentration camps at the whim of a ranting maniac.

The law has to be enforced and it is often not nice to round these people up and bring these illegals out of the country.

Everyone who's not a total naive leftist knows this.

And this has happened under every administration, even under Obama. The sneaky illegals often find ways to hide and it needs the courage of ICE officers to put their lives at risk to get these illegal invaders out again.

They have my full support.

Whenever you discuss immigration, tender, somehow I'm reminded of another famous Austrian.

Comparing going back to Pre 2012 Immigration Enforcement policies to the Nazis is laughable in every way.

You may disagree with it or find it wrong(And I do find some of their tactics wrong as well) but it is not in anyway equivalent to what the Nazis did

This is the second time you've repeated that nonsense is, so I'm only guessing you've picked this talking point up on some website. Please show us where there was anything like this current situation of toddler age children being separated from their families and being placed in the care of Corrections Officers pre-2012. Go on, I dare you.

Put up or shut up.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2019, 07:06:26 AM »

ICE Agents Are Losing Patience with Trump’s Chaotic Immigration Policy
Last Monday, when President Trump tweeted that his Administration would stage nationwide immigration raids the following week, with the goal of deporting “millions of illegal aliens,” agents at Immigration and Customs Enforcement were suddenly forced to scramble. The agency was not ready to carry out such a large operation. Preparations that would typically take field officers six to eight weeks were compressed into a few days, and, because of Trump’s tweet, the officers would be entering communities that now knew they were coming. “It was a dumb-sh**t political move that will only hurt the agents,” John Amaya, a former deputy chief of staff at ICE, told me. On Saturday, hours before the operation was supposed to start in ten major cities across the country, the President changed course, delaying it for another two weeks.
President Obama was never popular among ICE’s rank and file, but the detailed list of enforcement priorities he instituted, in 2014, which many in the agency initially resented as micromanagement, now seemed more sensible—and even preferable to the current state of affairs. The ICE officer said, “One person told me, ‘I never thought I’d say this, but I miss the Obama rules. We removed more people with the rules we had in place than with all this. It was much easier when we had the priorities. It was cleaner.’ ” Since the creation of ICE, in 2003, enforcement was premised on the idea that officers would primarily go after criminals for deportation; Trump, who views ICE as a political tool to showcase his toughness, has abandoned that framework entirely. “I don’t even know what we’re doing now,” the officer said. “A lot of us see the photos of the kids at the border, and we’re wondering, ‘What the hell is going on?’ ” The influx of Central American migrants, the officer noted, has been an issue for more than a decade now, spanning three Presidential administrations. “No one built up the infrastructure to handle this, and now people are suffering at the border for it. They keep saying they were caught flat footed. That’s a bald-faced ing lie.”
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »

ICE Agents Are Losing Patience with Trump’s Chaotic Immigration Policy
Last Monday, when President Trump tweeted that his Administration would stage nationwide immigration raids the following week, with the goal of deporting “millions of illegal aliens,” agents at Immigration and Customs Enforcement were suddenly forced to scramble. The agency was not ready to carry out such a large operation. Preparations that would typically take field officers six to eight weeks were compressed into a few days, and, because of Trump’s tweet, the officers would be entering communities that now knew they were coming. “It was a dumb-sh**t political move that will only hurt the agents,” John Amaya, a former deputy chief of staff at ICE, told me. On Saturday, hours before the operation was supposed to start in ten major cities across the country, the President changed course, delaying it for another two weeks.
President Obama was never popular among ICE’s rank and file, but the detailed list of enforcement priorities he instituted, in 2014, which many in the agency initially resented as micromanagement, now seemed more sensible—and even preferable to the current state of affairs. The ICE officer said, “One person told me, ‘I never thought I’d say this, but I miss the Obama rules. We removed more people with the rules we had in place than with all this. It was much easier when we had the priorities. It was cleaner.’ ” Since the creation of ICE, in 2003, enforcement was premised on the idea that officers would primarily go after criminals for deportation; Trump, who views ICE as a political tool to showcase his toughness, has abandoned that framework entirely. “I don’t even know what we’re doing now,” the officer said. “A lot of us see the photos of the kids at the border, and we’re wondering, ‘What the hell is going on?’ ” The influx of Central American migrants, the officer noted, has been an issue for more than a decade now, spanning three Presidential administrations. “No one built up the infrastructure to handle this, and now people are suffering at the border for it. They keep saying they were caught flat footed. That’s a bald-faced ing lie.”

They should go on strike...forever.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies