ICE to begin mass arrests and deportations across major U.S cities starting Sun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:07:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  ICE to begin mass arrests and deportations across major U.S cities starting Sun
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: ICE to begin mass arrests and deportations across major U.S cities starting Sun  (Read 3417 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2019, 07:22:56 AM »

Tactics matter. Means matter. My great-grandparents didn't fight WWII so that America could have pre-dawn raids, mass round-ups, and concentration camps at the whim of a ranting maniac.

What is wrong with pre-dawn raids? You didn't seem to have a problem with them when Paul Manafort got a knock on his door from the feds. This also has nothing to do with the conditions at ICE detention centers.

This is literally the final means of law enforcement after a long legal process has played itself out. Yeah, it's a bit unpleasant, but the solution to lawless immigration is not a lawless government.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2019, 04:23:33 PM »

Tactics matter. Means matter. My great-grandparents didn't fight WWII so that America could have pre-dawn raids, mass round-ups, and concentration camps at the whim of a ranting maniac.

What is wrong with pre-dawn raids? You didn't seem to have a problem with them when Paul Manafort got a knock on his door from the feds. This also has nothing to do with the conditions at ICE detention centers.

This is literally the final means of law enforcement after a long legal process has played itself out. Yeah, it's a bit unpleasant, but the solution to lawless immigration is not a lawless government.

This.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

Stop comparing ICE with the Gestapo please.

You have no clue what the Gestapo even was ...

ICE is enforcing the laws of the US, which says that people with a negative asylum request need to be brought out of the country. Everything else would be a breach of law and a slap in the face of those who came legally to the US.

Let's get this done and remove the illegals !

The law has to be enforced and it is often not nice to round these people up and bring these illegals out of the country.

Everyone who's not a total naive leftist knows this.

And this has happened under every administration, even under Obama. The sneaky illegals often find ways to hide and it needs the courage of ICE officers to put their lives at risk to get these illegal invaders out again.

They have my full support.
I’m surprised to see Tender “Muslim men bad” Branson supporter this/s

Criminal Muslim men = bad.

Non-criminal, non-religious Muslim men = ok.

Something something freedom of religion... unless, of course, you don't like said religion! Right?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »

Shouldn't they just raid a Trump golf course or the Nunes family farm?
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 04:50:37 PM »

hmm
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2019, 07:13:32 PM »

Trump has an addiction to holding people hostage as his go-to tactic to make "deals." It's not normal, and it shouldn't be acceptable.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2019, 07:31:20 PM »

While weird, there are people who identify as Muslim without practicing the faith, sort of like "cultural Catholics".
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »

While weird, there are people who identify as Muslim without practicing the faith, sort of like "cultural Catholics".

I have met several. They do exist similarly to "cultural Catholics" as you've described. They don't generally abide by the faith but feel a kinship with those that do.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »

Why
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2019, 07:43:35 PM »

If I jaywalk, I guess I should be forcefully arrested (and possibly brutalized) and sent back to the other side of the street, and prohibited from ever crossing that street again.

Saying "It'S tHe LaW" doesn't make it right, nor does it give a good reason why deportation, other than a different, less severe and cruel punishment, is more appropriate.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »

If I jaywalk, I guess I should be forcefully arrested (and possibly brutalized) and sent back to the other side of the street, and prohibited from ever crossing that street again.

Saying "It'S tHe LaW" doesn't make it right, nor does it give a good reason why deportation, other than a different, less severe and cruel punishment, is more appropriate.

The court ordered the deportation. That's why it's appropriate. It's extremely simple.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »

The court ordered the deportation. That's why it's appropriate. It's extremely simple.

Okay, if a court ordered that a jaywalker be arrested, sent back to the other side of the street that they crossed however long ago, and be prohibited from crossing the street again, does that make it right?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2019, 08:07:10 PM »

Okay, if a court ordered that a jaywalker be arrested, sent back to the other side of the street that they crossed however long ago, and be prohibited from crossing the street again, does that make it right?

That makes the government obligated to follow the order. The government defying the court would be worse.

And if you are seriously contending that jaywalking is the same as illegal immigration, you are just an idiot.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »

That makes the government obligated to follow the order. The government defying the court would be worse.

And if you are seriously contending that jaywalking is the same as illegal immigration, you are just an idiot.

My point is that something being "illegal" doesn't make literally any consequence for said action justified. Yeah, jaywalking is an extreme example, but many seem to view being here illegally as being on par with domestic terrorism. Deportation, especially if it is a family that has not committed any violent felonies, is extremely harsh, especially for families which would have to return to danger, not having any means to support themselves or even a place to live in their original country. Not to mention a lot of people have no idea how impractical, complicated, and sometimes downright inhumane acquiring certain visas can be. The lack of empathy coming from many who support these efforts is staggering. Even if you truly believe that the current process for legal immigration is reasonable, that doesn't mean that those who violate the law, even with the best of intentions, should be immediately thrown into chaos and danger.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2019, 08:47:30 PM »

This is really messed up. This will also rally the conservative base like crazy
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2019, 09:04:22 PM »

Donald Trump's Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders

Justice Dept. Defies Court Order To Protect Jeff Sessions From Russia Allegations

Trump admin defies court order to hold migrant kids indefinitely

Trump Ignores Court Ruling That He Can't Block Twitter Critics

Justice Department Defies Court Order To Provide Transcripts Of Michael Flynn’s Conversations With Russia

Trump's threat to go to court over impeachment defies ruling

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2019, 09:47:51 PM »

ICE is enforcing the laws of the US, which says that people with a negative asylum request need to be brought out of the country. Everything else would be a breach of law and a slap in the face of those who came legally to the US.

The law has to be enforced and it is often not nice to round these people up and bring these illegals out of the country.

And this has happened under every administration, even under Obama. The sneaky illegals often find ways to hide and it needs the courage of ICE officers to put their lives at risk to get these illegal invaders out again.

Whenever you discuss immigration, tender, somehow I'm reminded of another famous Austrian.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2019, 10:02:04 PM »

Donald Trump's Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders

Justice Dept. Defies Court Order To Protect Jeff Sessions From Russia Allegations

Trump admin defies court order to hold migrant kids indefinitely

Trump Ignores Court Ruling That He Can't Block Twitter Critics

Justice Department Defies Court Order To Provide Transcripts Of Michael Flynn’s Conversations With Russia

Trump's threat to go to court over impeachment defies ruling

I bash Trump almost everyday on this forum.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »

This is really messed up. This will also rally the conservative base like crazy
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2019, 10:46:52 PM »

Whenever you discuss immigration, tender, somehow I'm reminded of another famous Austrian.

Comparing going back to Pre 2012 Immigration Enforcement policies to the Nazis is laughable in every way.

You may disagree with it or find it wrong(And I do find some of their tactics wrong as well) but it is not in anyway equivalent to what the Nazis did
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2019, 11:54:03 PM »

I’m surprised to see Tender “Muslim men bad” Branson supporter this/s

Criminal Muslim men = bad.

Non-criminal, non-religious Muslim men = ok.

Something something freedom of religion... unless, of course, you don't like said religion! Right?

I don't like religion in general, as it is a form of brainwashing that leads to destruction across the planet. Among Christians in the past, now mostly among Muslims. People need to get rid of religion.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2019, 12:05:46 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2019, 12:10:09 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

This is yet further confirmation that Tender is simply a weirdo: if he was a normal European, he would sympathize with undocumented immigrants in the US, as they cannot be said to be impinging on his life in any way and, further, they are not Muslim or brown. Most of them speak a European language, they're culturally "Western" etc.

"Principled" anti-immigrant sentiment is very odd because it ignores the fact that people in different countries have radically different views about immigration - immigration is generally deemed to be good in the US! The vast majority of Americans support granting undocumented immigrants permanent legal residence and a pathway to citizenship conditional on meeting some minimal requirements. It seems to me that the old anti-immigrant saws about "respecting our nation" falls apart when the public in a country is basically fine with immigration...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2019, 12:10:07 AM »

This is yet further confirmation that Tender is simply a weirdo: if he was a normal European, he would sympathize with undocumented immigrants in the US, as they cannot be said to be impinging on his life in any way and, further, they are not Muslim or brown. Most of them speak a European language, they're culturally "Western" etc.

That's not how things work ...

I'm not concerned if the illegal immigrants to the US are Muslims or Blaxicasians. I'm concerned that they are lining up in droves at the border and pose a threat to the legal system because of their vast numbers and because there are a lot of criminal elements among them that should better be kept out in the first place.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2019, 12:14:14 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2019, 12:25:20 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

I'm not concerned if the illegal immigrants to the US are Muslims or Blaxicasians. I'm concerned that they are lining up in droves at the border and pose a threat to the legal system because of their vast numbers and because there are a lot of criminal elements among them that should better be kept out in the first place.

Show some respect! Mexicans would be very offended if you compared them to a Black person and, similarly, Chinese immigrants do not like to be associated with Black people. Most Black Americans have a much deeper connection to my country than any group excluding the indigenous residents of this country and they certainly do not need to be lumped in with FOB or FOR immigrants!

You're uninformed, a total ignoramus - this particular proclamation of my country's semi-retarded President relates to internal immigration enforcement. All slated deportations revolve around "court-ordered" deportations. In almost all of these cases, the immigrants have been living in the US for at least 5 years, most for 10 or even 15 years. Because the United States has birthright citizenship - and this will always be true, it's part of the country's fabric - this means that many have children who are American citizens so the decision to deport them means tearing families apart, it also means inflicting pain on American citizens. Most Americans won't tolerate this, as the children of undocumented immigrants who are born in the US are treated as Americans, their parents raise them to be American and they're very well-integrated. None of this is true in your country because Austria does not have anything like birthright citizenship - parents raise their kids very differently when they are born as citizens of the country they reside in and this is supported by all available evidence!

All of this is separate from the spooky scary brown hordes that you see along the Mexican-US border as, these days, almost all of these people are seeking seeking asylum, which is a perfectly legal process as the US is a designated safe country. Also, I'd add that there are few "criminal elements" among these people - America is a violent, crime-ridden country and, perhaps, for this reason, undocumented immigrants are actually less likely to commit crimes than Americans and this is supported by all of the existing evidence. It's actually very tedious to bring this up.

America is not Austria! You should learn something about my country before wandering into a thread like a child and typing some slogans.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2019, 12:39:01 AM »

Show some respect! Mexicans would be very offended if you compared them to a Black person and, similarly, Chinese immigrants do not like to be associated with Black people. Most Black Americans have a much deeper connection to my country than any group excluding the indigenous residents of this country and they certainly do not need to be lumped in with FOB or FOR immigrants!

You're uninformed, a total ignoramus - this particular proclamation of my country's semi-retarded President relates to internal immigration enforcement. All slated deportations revolve around "court-ordered" deportations. In almost all of these cases, the immigrants have been living in the US for at least 5 years, most for 10 or even 15 years. Because the United States has birthright citizenship - and this will always be true, it's part of the country's fabric - this means that many have children who are American citizens so the decision to deport them means tearing families apart, it also means inflicting pain on American citizens. Most Americans won't tolerate this, as the children of undocumented immigrants who are born in the US are treated as Americans, their parents raise them to be American and they're very well-integrated. None of this is true in your country because Austria does not have anything like birthright citizenship - parents raise their kids very differently when they are born as citizens of the country they reside in and this is supported by all available evidence!

All of this is separate from the spooky scary brown hordes that you see along the Mexican-US border as, these days, almost all of these people are seeking seeking asylum, which is a perfectly legal process as the US is a designated safe country. Also, I'd add that there are few "criminal elements" among these people - America is a violent, crime-ridden country and, perhaps, for this reason, undocumented immigrants are actually less likely to commit crimes than Americans and this is supported by all of the existing evidence. It's actually very tedious to bring this up.

America is not Austria! You should learn something about my country before wandering into a thread like a child and typing some slogans.

Everything of what you posted adds zero to the debate.

Why are people from Guatemala and Honduras etc. heading to the US ? Certainly not to claim asylum. They want to sneak their way in illegally to work there. That's not how asylum works. The UN clearly says that you have to apply for asylum in the next safe country. That is Mexico. Don't pick and choose where you wanna go to. That is even more evident in Europe, but also applies to the US. If their status was found to be illegal, they need to be deported. Period. If you want to shield your Latino brethren or not, who cares ? They need to leave the country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies