Trump admin defends inhumane conditions for children at its concentration camps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:41:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump admin defends inhumane conditions for children at its concentration camps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Trump admin defends inhumane conditions for children at its concentration camps  (Read 4772 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »

Feds Tell 9th Circuit: Detained Kids ‘Safe and Sanitary’ Without Soap
The Trump administration argued in front of a Ninth Circuit panel Tuesday that the government is not required to give soap or toothbrushes to children apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border and can have them sleep on concrete floors in frigid, overcrowded cells, despite a settlement agreement that requires detainees be kept in “safe and sanitary” facilities.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:56:26 AM »

People need to read and go back and study how the Holocaust unfolded. It might be uncomfortable for people to accept but the dehumanization of these migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers is very much the first step towards the heinous actions that occurred in Europe against the Jews.

Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 10:01:10 AM »

People need to read and go back and study how the Holocaust unfolded. It might be uncomfortable for people to accept but the dehumanization of these migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers is very much the first step towards the heinous actions that occurred in Europe against the Jews.

No it's not.  The Jews didn't invade Germany.  Please stop pretending these are comparable instances.  My people were citizens of a country, rounded up like cattle, worked to death, and murdered for their religion and "race".  Nothing of the sort is happening in the United States, and the very idea of it is offensive to me. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2019, 10:20:07 AM by 🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸 »

Here again, Trump admin policy is a continuation of Obama admin policy.  We can thank Trump for getting Democrats to care about it.

The settlement landed back in court in 2015, when class members moved to enforce it following the Obama administration’s announcement that it would scrap bond hearings because they conflicted with newer immigration laws. In legal filings, the class contended the elimination of bond hearings and dirty and dangerous conditions at short-term holding facilities operated by the Border Patrol violated the agreement.

U.S. District Judge Dolly Gee in Los Angeles granted the class’ motion and ordered the appointment of an independent monitor to ensure government compliance with Flores.

Gee said the administration had breached Flores by failing to provide detainees with adequate food and clean drinking water, or with hygiene items like soap, toothbrushes and towels. She also concluded that the children were being deprived of sleep and access to bathrooms, and were subjected to near-freezing temperatures.

We can always expect the Executive Branch to maximize its discretionary power and minimize the external requirements placed on it, and this has continuity from one administration to the next.  That's why keeping checks and balances healthy and functional is so crucial.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:05:22 AM »

No it's not.  The Jews didn't invade Germany.  Please stop pretending these are comparable instances.  My people were citizens of a country, rounded up like cattle, worked to death, and murdered for their religion and "race".  Nothing of the sort is happening in the United States, and the very idea of it is offensive to me. 

Hollywood
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »

I'm rejecting the very notion that it is or ever will be similar to Auschwitz.  Morons are just using the comparison to make an emotional appeal to their side of the argument and I find it abhorrent.  As should every Jewish American.  The Democrats who seems to be the loudest when it comes to these comparisons are the most anti-Semitic. 
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »

No it's not.  The Jews didn't invade Germany.  Please stop pretending these are comparable instances.  My people were citizens of a country, rounded up like cattle, worked to death, and murdered for their religion and "race".  Nothing of the sort is happening in the United States, and the very idea of it is offensive to me.  

Trump is talking about rounded up 11 million people, what do you think that would look like?

Hitler did call Jews invaders as did the leaders of other Europeans countries. He called them an infestation and vermin. Donald Trump has said similar things about these poor migrants using racist scapegoating to inexplicably blame the problems of The United States on them, like the Nazis incorrectly blamed Jews for the problems of Germany and Europe.

Children are already being separated from their parents, children who are American citizens live under the fear that their family members will be taken away. Children are being kept in inhumane conditions under detention, some are already dying from neglect.

To say it's not analogous to the concentration camps of the Holocaust because we haven't reached the stages of gas chambers and mass graves is to miss the entire point. We were supposed to do better as humans, we were supposed to be alarmed and fight against fascist leaders when we saw them scapegoating vulnerable populations for political gain and power. Anybody who hasn't learned that lesson is a damn fool.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 10:31:46 AM »

I thought Democrats opposed increased funding for ICE?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 10:34:58 AM »

If it's so safe and sanitary, Trump should go stay there for a few nights to prove it.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 10:57:53 AM »

Here again, Trump admin policy is a continuation of Obama admin policy.  We can thank Trump for getting Democrats to care about it.

The settlement landed back in court in 2015, when class members moved to enforce it following the Obama administration’s announcement that it would scrap bond hearings because they conflicted with newer immigration laws. In legal filings, the class contended the elimination of bond hearings and dirty and dangerous conditions at short-term holding facilities operated by the Border Patrol violated the agreement.

U.S. District Judge Dolly Gee in Los Angeles granted the class’ motion and ordered the appointment of an independent monitor to ensure government compliance with Flores.

Gee said the administration had breached Flores by failing to provide detainees with adequate food and clean drinking water, or with hygiene items like soap, toothbrushes and towels. She also concluded that the children were being deprived of sleep and access to bathrooms, and were subjected to near-freezing temperatures.

We can always expect the Executive Branch to maximize its discretionary power and minimize the external requirements placed on it, and this has continuity from one administration to the next.  That's why keeping checks and balances healthy and functional is so crucial.

And yet Obama wasn’t purposefully packing these facilities to the brim in the name of “deterrence.” Big difference.
Hollywood
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 10:58:09 AM »

It's only people like AOC making this kind of argument, and she's an infamous anti-semite.  Democrats need to get rid of this moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIokYxjl1R4

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/aoc-acolytes-gaslight-chuck-todd-for-criticizing-her-comparison-of-border-detention-centers-to-concentration-camps
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »

Those are some demons right there. Nothing but the devil. You can look at Trump and see the evil oozing out of him in his appearance because he's absolutely grotesque like a gargoyle.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »

Wow, interesting that the defense of Trump in this thread consists of:

BUT MUH OBAMA BUT MUH DEMS ARE TEH REEL RACISTS BUT MUH AOC

....Actually, that's not interesting in the slightest and is the most predictable thing ever. This administration's treatment of immigrants is barbaric, and the fact that so many are willing to defend it in the name of partisanship is, dare I say, deplorable.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 11:28:23 AM »

An neither have the migrants who are in these camps. The fact you would refer to them as invaders is exactly the type of dehumanizing language OP is referring to
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 11:30:56 AM »

....Actually, that's not interesting in the slightest and is the most predictable thing ever. This administration's treatment of immigrants is barbaric, and the fact that so many are willing to defend it in the name of partisanship is, dare I say, deplorable.

Do you support or oppose increased funding for immigration and border enforcement?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »

Do you support or oppose increased funding for immigration and border enforcement?

Funding has already increased dramatically, and I certainly oppose any funding for a pointless wall. What I want are changes that make legal immigration more practical, but this administration has been makes changes to make it more difficult, which is not an effective way to address illegal immigration.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »

Funding has already increased dramatically

Evidently not enough.

and I certainly oppose any funding for a pointless wall.

It’s a fence, remember?

What I want are changes that make legal immigration more practical, but this administration has been makes changes to make it more difficult, which is not an effective way to address illegal immigration.

I thought these people were asylum seekers?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »

The stench of stupid permeated by this thread is so strong that I could smell it in the FC board.
Hollywood
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »

Evidently not enough.

It’s a fence, remember?

What I want are changes that make legal immigration more practical, but this administration has been makes changes to make it more difficult, which is not an effective way to address illegal immigration.

It's a constant wordplay with this people.  They're just saying anything they can to bring people to their side just like Joe Biden saying he can cure cancer.  It's duplicitous.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »

Evidently not enough.

It’s a fence, remember?

And what would be done with even more funding? Call it a wall, a fence, a barricade, whatever you want. It'll amount to flushing money down the drain.

I was describing what I would like do see done in general about immigration. I didn't say anything in particular about asylum seekers, but I think denying asylum to families that are no threat to us and are running from situations which literally put their lives in danger is inhumane, and not who we are as a country.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 12:55:47 PM »

... but all the Democrats think they know more than the Jewish people that actually had family members go through the horrors of the holocaust.

Excuse me.
But the overwhelming majority of those identifying themselves as Jewish in the United States are Democrats (not Republicans).
So are you saying that Democrat Jews who had "family members go through the horrors of the holocaust," "know nothing" about their people's past, but yet Republican Jews are the only one's who know everything?
Who died and made you the True, Godly spokesperson of the Jewish people? You come here like you are the know-it-all of all mankind, and that your word is better than others.
Hollywood
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2019, 01:25:53 PM by Hollywood »

... but all the Democrats think they know more than the Jewish people that actually had family members go through the horrors of the holocaust.

Excuse me.
But the overwhelming majority of those identifying themselves as Jewish in the United States are Democrats (not Republicans).
So are you saying that Democrat Jews who had "family members go through the horrors of the holocaust," "know nothing" about their people's past, but yet Republican Jews are the only one's who know everything?
Who died and made you the True, Godly spokesperson of the Jewish people? You come here like you are the know-it-all of all mankind, and that your word is better than others.

Yeah.  Where are all the Democrat Jews comparing these detention centers to concentration camps?  What the OP is doing in this thread is topic of discussion within the Jewish community.  Many people are sick and tired of political parties comparing everything to the holocaust.  AOC doesn't speak for me, and she doesn't speak for any Jews.  In fact, she is despised in the Jewish community.  Yet, the Democrats on this forum defend her comparison despite the offense it brings to Jews.  

Also, I have to constantly remind Democrats of my faith, because they have a habit of calling people Nazis for no reason.  You, and others, have called me Nazi in the past.  Now you don't anymore, because it's absurd. 
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »

And what would be done with even more funding? Call it a wall, a fence, a barricade, whatever you want. It'll amount to flushing money down the drain.

Since ICE isn’t the one building the fence, I doubt increased funding would go in that direction.

I was describing what I would like do see done in general about immigration. I didn't say anything in particular about asylum seekers, but I think denying asylum to families that are no threat to us and are running from situations which literally put their lives in danger is inhumane, and not who we are as a country.

And what are we supposed to do about those whose application is being processed? We have to house them somewhere, do we not?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 02:12:39 PM »

I'm sure glad Atlas lets bigots like Hollywood run wild over threads like this.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 02:44:41 PM »

I'm sure glad Atlas lets bigots like Hollywood run wild over threads like this.

Really, people should just stop responding to him. I mean, he thinks that there is an "invasion" going on, that doesn't really sound like someone who's willing to have a reasonable discussion on the topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies