FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:51:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-GOV 2022: Gillum probably seeking rematch  (Read 10449 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: June 17, 2019, 11:51:56 PM »

This is a god-send.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 11:57:19 PM »

Lol, good luck with this buddy. He probably won't even win the nomination and if so, lose to DeSantis regardless of who the sitting president is.

Stacey Abrams has a much better chance to win a rematch from 2018 and knock off Cheatin' Brian.

Nah, as somebody on the ground, I'm very confident in telling you that he'll definitely win the nomination; the base is much more pro-Gillum at this point than it was last August & it also looks like Graham will be going after Rubio this time around instead of running for Governor again. I'm also just as confident that DeSantis will beat him again, & much more easily the 2nd time around too.
Graham is going to run again? I assumed she was done. I’m in that weird post election dry spell (2013, 2015, 2017, and now 2019) where I’m fairly uninvolved with political activities and not in regular contact with my friends in the know. I never considered another Graham bid for statewide office.

Gillum has been eyeing it certainly, but I assumed it was more out of interest of personal enrichment rather than political ambition.

In news completely unrelated to the topic at hand/speaking of politically stagnate elected officials, Allen West is considering running for office in TX.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 01:45:02 AM »

If he wants to lose by even more this time, that's his prerogative. You'd think he would let someone else be the sacrificial lamb though. Wayne Messam perhaps?

Nah, Messam's gaming to replace Hastings in the House.
That hasn’t occurred to me yet, but yeah, it makes sense.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »

My dad has a deep, intense, conspiratorial hatred of “big sugar.”
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »

I’ve long thought that Gillum would be not-near-the-bottom of a VP shortlist for Warren. I wasn’t aware of the FBI investigation being anything more than a headache.
In 2018, even on Election Day, I’d agree that the FBI scandal was no guarantee, but events that have transpired since seen to support the allegations.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 12:13:54 PM »

Imagine if Gillum had won, Democrats would want Gillum to run for President/or be their VP as he is Black, and Progressive and is from Florida.
Why it was sooooo important to make sure Gillum,and Abrams lost in 2018 😉. Now DeSantis is the raising star and gillum/Abrams are grifters 😂.
I freaking LOVE your username. Welcome to Atlas!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »

DeSantis is doing all the right things to get re-elected.

The serious candidates will not be running.  The 2022 Democrat will be a decided underdog.  The question would be whether or not Little Marco would be vulnerable.

Gillum's star is sinking.
What Congress district or state senate seat he lives in?
The African American Trump Democrat Al Lawson's seat.
God id love for Gillum to primary him then maybe run for senate or something I think gillum could make a great president one day hes one of my favorite rising stars in the party
Gillum lost a statewide election in a blue wave year with more favorable circumstances in his state.  He should never have lost.  He'd get destroyed in a nationwide general.

I don’t think Gillum’s path to victory was as clear cut as Atlas Democrats thought. Nobody outside of Tallahassee was excited about Gillum, and even the hype in Tally was mostly hometown pride. The city is a ghetto dump aside from the college areas, and I can tell you first hand that even those areas could be dangerous. I wound up on the wrong end of a gun there myself.

Everyone I knew who was voting Gillum were already Democrats who would have backed Levine or Graham too. The only two swing voters I know who actually did vote Gillum were Fuzzy and my aunt on my dads side, and both acknowledged these votes had more to do with other circumstances than Gillum himself.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 03:27:21 PM »

DeSantis is doing all the right things to get re-elected.

The serious candidates will not be running.  The 2022 Democrat will be a decided underdog.  The question would be whether or not Little Marco would be vulnerable.

Gillum's star is sinking.
What Congress district or state senate seat he lives in?
The African American Trump Democrat Al Lawson's seat.
God id love for Gillum to primary him then maybe run for senate or something I think gillum could make a great president one day hes one of my favorite rising stars in the party
Gillum lost a statewide election in a blue wave year with more favorable circumstances in his state.  He should never have lost.  He'd get destroyed in a nationwide general.

Given what happened with other races in Florida [except for Nikki Fried], it's pretty clear that circumstances were quite the opposite of favorable.
Keep in mind, I never heard of Niki Fried until she won. I never saw any ads on TV or radio. I never saw any yard sides or bumper stickers. I didn’t even know Caldwell even had an opponent until I saw her name on the ballot, and I just assumed she was some rando.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »

Keep in mind, I never heard of Niki Fried until she won. I never saw any ads on TV or radio. I never saw any yard sides or bumper stickers. I didn’t even know Caldwell even had an opponent until I saw her name on the ballot, and I just assumed she was some rando.
Elections are random and about turning out your tribe who have a base instinct to support you.
I'll confess that I didn't follow the AG race much. I can't even remember who I voted for in the primary much less if Caldwell was unopposed. Once Halsey Beshears took himself out of the running I quit caring, That dude was freaking cool. Coolest politician I've ever met.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 09:53:02 AM »

no way in hell GOP carries Palm Beach, under any circumstances
Gotta agree with Sam. They can run the numbers up here but they’ll never actually carry the county.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 09:56:02 AM »

Advantage DeSantis unless Trump is somehow still president. That said, DeSantis won't have Rick Scott spending literally tens of millions of dollars of his own personal Fortune to help get out the vote like 2018
That’s not quite what happened. The Senate race was a real sleeper. Nelson didn’t campaign, and Scott was nowhere to be seen outside of his official duties as Governor. DeSantis ran a truly active campaign and toured the state, as did Gillum, and from my experience I think it was the Governor’s race more so than the Senate race which drove people to the polls.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies