Post some of your old atlas posts.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:25:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post some of your old atlas posts.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Post some of your old atlas posts.  (Read 2060 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »

Decided to look through my old posts and found this delusional gem:

3737    Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion / Election What-ifs? / Re: Post Random Maps Here 2.0.   on: December 28, 2017, 12:21:13 pm
Bernie VS Trump 2016
I took the polling of Bernie vs Trump in May 2016 and then brought Trump and Sanders up by the same # of points as the two candidates did in reality (+1.3R, +3.0 Dem) I then did a similar MoE as to what happened in reality. (-1.2 Dem,+2.5 Rep)
That leaves us with a whopping spread of 8.4%. As much of a Bernie lover as I am, that's highly unlikely. However, I still mapped it.

Senator Bernard Sanders/Senator Elizabeth Warren: 51.5%, 411 EV
Businessman Donald J. Trump/Governor Michael Pence: 43.1%, 121 EV
Former Policy Director Evan McMullin/Businesswoman Mandy Finn: .6%, 6 EV
Former Governor Gary Johnson/Former Governor Bill Weld: 3.7%, 0 EV
Attorney Darrell Castle/Businessman Scott Bradley: .4%, 0 EV
Others: .7%
Jill Stein doesn't even get 4th place due to most of her base going to Bernie. Bernie's nomination gets the farther right of america to vote in great plains states, causing Castle to get a commanding 4th place. Bernie splits more votes with Trump in Utah over economic issues, allowing McMullin to win. Alaska very nearly goes to Johnson.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »

*gasp* A girl who registered AND posted? It's a miracle!!!!!

Welcome to the forums!!!
It is...now guys try to be civil...

I bet you'll scare her off like you did with the others...you even made JohnDFord change his sex! Cheesy

Wink
i'm not easily scared Tongue
And i have not been scared off yet.  Cheesy
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:54:31 PM »

Also, Missouri could also track left if Trump runs and not Pence.

One of my first posts, and among my least favorite ones.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:11:12 PM »

This was my like tenth post:

If Trump wins a second term, I expect that Minnesota will be one state from Democrat to Republican

----

This was 2 years ago, give me a break
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »

Tits are indeed fun.  Beautiful birds, tits.

I remember as a child wearing zubas and pumps and listening to MC Hammer.. yeah, I was that cool.

Then Nirvana came and everything changed and then we got all this Alanis Morrisette crap for a few years and then the boy bands came and went and now we have hard core rap music that gets worse and worse by the day

"Why you eh' ho' cuz you be no ho b"  and I'm like "Huh?  !! HuhHuh"

If I could have lived in any decade, it would have been the 1970s.  It seems like when things get sh**tty, the music gets good.  (not disco, but rock, etc.)... then the '80s happened, which was a fashion dearth.

Now kids wear their cool pre-faded, pre-ripped jeans with their little polo shirts with collars flipped and perfectly picked/gelled "messy" hair listening to their cool British pseudo punk rock...  it's still better than power suits with high heals/pink lacy socks, though.

Lol at 2005-2007 fashion.  And I love disco... and I kinda like power dressing with pink lacey socks now. I'd say I changed but I get the distinct feeling you were seeing the remnants of my "straight" persona.

Sheryl Crow touched Carl Rove to get his attention at the dinner and he told her to not touch him.  This must be his outing.  What straight guy wouldn't want Cheryl Crow to touch him.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, Karl Rove does look like a slimy overgrown earth muffin.

This (which still applies 100%)

I'll stop there.  Most of the rest of what I said was simply repeating what I had already said because nobody actually read what I posted but had a lot of energy to respond with sweeping statements that poorly attempt to negate everything I said.  Like I said, if you can't be convinced, you can't be convinced, and nothing I or anyone on this website posts will change that.

Capped off a global warming debate after I said stuff like this:
Usually used as a last resort, a noted Libertarian on this site came up with the "Well, so what if global warming is true, we can't do anything about it, so we might as well adapt."

Here I lay out some of the very tangible consequences of warming within the range of computer models in the next 100 years.  You'd rather adapt to this than take some precautions now and at least avoid some of this?

Dire consequences:

A net loss in arable land for the United States with the loss of ability to grow wheat in the contiguous 48 states except for the northern portions of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

The loss of forestland as tree species can't move north fast enough to adapt to warmer temperatures. What was once dense forest because 'savannah' style scrub land, especially in areas where precipitation amounts fall and temperatures rise (the midwest).

More extreme, prolonged droughts in the west that will have a huge impact on our ability to live there.

Desertification of large portions of the earth where humans live in large numbers.

Severe declines in access to safe potable water, especially in developing countries.

Increases in risk of warm-climate diseases in the U.S, including malaria, and an incrased risk of West-Nile virus.

A disappearance of glaciers from Glacier National Park (this is already almost done).

Anywhere from 6" to 3 feet of sea-level rise which, if nothing is done, will turn New Orleans into an island surrounded by dykes by 2040 and turn much of the Everglades into ocean and make coastal flooding (including North Carolina.. bye bye barrier islands) a serious threat.

Increased tropical activity in the form of stronger (though not necessarily more numerous) storms.

The loss of most of the American winter economy as winter becomes warmer and permanent winter snow retreats to the highest peaks and into Canada... millions and millions of dollars lost in snowmobile and ski industries.

Likely not an offsetting gain in summer-like sports as summer would just become unbearably hot in many places.

There are a lot more impacts that would affect you. Global warming is not just a threat to northern Canada... in fact, Canada has everything to gain from global warming in the form of increased farmland and a more livable climate. The U.S has everything to lose, and yet who's on which side here?

Oh, how times have changed.

On climate change, I was in 2007 where the mainstream is in 2019.  
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:27:40 PM »

Sinema would get smacked. At this time, Arizona won't elect a LGBT person on a state level. If you come back to me in ten years, I might say meh, just because of the rising hispanic population that will eventually swing the state blue. The best chance we got to actually give Jeff Flake a run for his money is Gabby Gifford's husband.

WTAF Bagel (I am going to proceed to hit myself).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:30:37 PM »

Wishful dreaming. We can probably take Montana, but we are screwed in Georgia 6th.

ERMA GAWD!! Make it stahp!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 01:30:16 AM »

Thread: What wing of the GOP am I in (by ExtremeRep)

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 05:59:46 AM »

Glancing over some of my very first posts from 2004 (!) I noticed a couple of things:

- My youthful flirtation with (classical) liberalism wasn't over yet, although it was already strongly tilting towards social liberalism. Overall I seem to have been slightly more right-wing than I am now.

- I was a lot nicer and less cynical, but maybe also a bit naive. And apparently I knew a lot less about American political history.

- In one of my earliest posts from 2004 I incorrectly predicted that Oskar Lafontaine wouldn't make a political comeback.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »

This was the very first post I made:

Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

In 1992, a lot of potentially major Democratic candidates, for one reason or another, chose not to run in 1992. Suppose some of those candidates did, and, instead of the real 1992 Democratic candidates, these were the candidates in the Democratic Primary:

Governor Mario Cuomo
Senator Lloyd Bentsen
Reverend Jesse Jackson
Congressman Dick Gephardt
Senator Al Gore
Senator Jay Rockefeller

Who wins the nomination?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 07:42:06 AM »

CA 10: Denham
NJ 7: Lance
NJ 2: Don Guardian
NJ 3: Jennifer Beck
NH 2: Giunta
NH 1: Bass
SC 1- Templeton

DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 07:43:39 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard is the sole chance the Democratic Party has if they wish to defeat Trump in 2020.

What a depressing thought for the Democratic Party.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 08:05:12 AM »

Fun fact: a major reason I signed on Atlas in the first place was because I really wanted to post this joke thread on the 2016 board (I hesitated posting on it because I was trying to find a GOP veep candidate):

Scenario: After Hillary pulls out of the Democratic nomination, veteran California Governor Jerry Brown announces his nomination, based on his handling of a state considered ungovernable. To complement his West Coast weirdness, he chooses reliable Ohio Progressive Senator Sherrod Brown.

The GOP meanwhile opts for wily moderate Massie Scott Brown, having triumphantly and unexpectedly won in the NH Senate election. As part of his pivot for the GOP base, he chooses fellow freshman senator Paul Broun of Georgia. Despite their difference on social issues, they agree to run on fiscal issues and as a contrast for the Obama years.

Who will win?
Which states will go which way?
Will minority voters be swayed by the presence of brown people on the ticket?

Most of my subsequent posts on that board through the years were also weak jokes, so it's a good depicting of my posting career.

This was in answer to "predict the conditions of 2016"

tbh doing these kind of predictions is about as helpful as trying to predict the weather on election day 2016, but if I was taking a stab:

ACA at a healthy approval rating, but constant demands for reform on left and right. Absolute repeal might be on the GOP platform, but won't be on the public mind.

Economy will be at steady, tepid improvement. Both sides will blame each other for it not being fast enough.

TPP and TAA agreements complete and ready for ratification,  maybe causing both parties to be internally divided in primaries.

Almost every state offers medical marijuana, and pot has been downgraded to a Schedule II drug.

Obama's priority legislation has not been passed. Immigration reform remains a stick to hit the GOP on the head with.

Their are so many variables to consider though, including (but not limited to) : natural disaster, corruption scandals on either side, the Iran deal falling through, Syria blowing up, Iraq collapsing, the Crimea, the Eurozone botching itself up etc. etc.

not a terrible set of cautious guesses aside from my capitulation to conventional wisdom that lack of immigration reform was a millstone for the GOP (although I laughed at how ridiculously understated the bolded bit was)
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 09:12:35 AM »

Lol cringe

Great question, If there is a very high black turnout for Hillary Clinton  she can win Mississippi.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 11:06:53 AM »

All of my initial 10,000 posts were made by a hacker from the Republic of Korea.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »

My very first post here -I didn't post again until the following February:

what are your opinions of virginia?

by the way, i *do not* want political observations.  im more interested in your personal opinion of the state.

being a permanent resident of the state since 1994, i liked it -to a point.  it was great if you were, like me, a Civil War buff, or more generally really into American history -particularly colonial America.  with Civil War battlefields like Manassas, and Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Battlefield Park in the Piedmont, venerable plantations like Stratford Hall, Gunston Hall, Monticello, and of course Mt. Vernon, along the Potomac and Rappahannock rivers, and other historical sites like Yorktown, colonial Williamsburg, and the Jamestown site, it was a goldmine.  if you're into archaeology, Virginia is the place to go...

i visited every major historical site except the plantations along the James River, and the Civil War battlefields around Richmond.  

there are so many fond memories...    

As it happens, I started out on a non-political post. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 03:49:54 PM »

How dare you insult Ronald Reagan.  He was/is god.  We should be naming schools, highways, airports, and libraries after him!

Or maybe we should first close those schools and highways, tear them down, donate the land to the rich and then name it after Reagan.  That would be more appropriate.

Obviously it does not work in every case, but God selects special cases and works miracles at times.  Can I prove this with science?  Of course not but sometimes things aren't provable that doesn't mean they don't exist, I've never been one for needing concrete evidence

Good.  Then pay your taxes and shut the hell up.

I hope "illegal aliens" steal your babies and make them speak Mexican, Carl Hayden.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 05:10:34 PM »

Top five choices to be the next president c. 2015:

Of people actually running:

1. Hillary Clinton
2. Bernie Sanders
3. Jim Webb
4. Martin O'Malley
5. Jim Gilmore

Of all eligible citizens:

1. Hillary Clinton
2. Gary Locke
3. Boris Johnson (technically, he was born in New York)
4. Bill Gates
5. Colin Powell
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

*gasp* A girl who registered AND posted? It's a miracle!!!!!

Welcome to the forums!!!
It is...now guys try to be civil...

I bet you'll scare her off like you did with the others...you even made JohnDFord change his sex! Cheesy

Wink
i'm not easily scared Tongue
And i have not been scared off yet.  Cheesy

Being a Mod, most likely you scared off others instead Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 07:42:36 PM »

Back when people thought Corbyn would be lucky to get 200 seats

Quote from: Blair on April 10, 2017, 05:24:14 pm
The UK press are starting to talk about Melenchon; and it's leading to similar articles that I saw in 2012 where people said that Hollande winning was a good sign for Miliband (but obvs for Corbyn now)

Pretty sure nothing will come out of it. Hell, does Corbyn even have a chance of forcing a hung parliament? (let alone winning or forming a majority government)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »

I'm not sure of that, but my feeling is that Obama's election means the beginning of a long period of democrat government, like the 1932-1968 period was. Obama will also win his re-election, and his successor ( Biden, Clinton - why not Edwards ? - ) will win, not by a landslide, but a solid majority ( 54, 55% like the two last Roosevelt re-elections ). I imagine a map like this :

Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »

I'm not sure of that, but my feeling is that Obama's election means the beginning of a long period of democrat government, like the 1932-1968 period was. Obama will also win his re-election, and his successor ( Biden, Clinton - why not Edwards ? - ) will win, not by a landslide, but a solid majority ( 54, 55% like the two last Roosevelt re-elections ). I imagine a map like this :

Lol
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 10:09:59 PM »

Tag yourself I'm "why not Edwards?"
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »

Some top tier analysis:

Alabama: Safe R
Arizona: Tossup
California: Safe D
Connecticut: Safe D
Delaware: Safe D
Florida: Lean D
Hawaii: Safe D
Indiana: Tossup
Maine: Likely I
Maryland: Safe D
Massachusetts: Likely D
Michigan: Lean D
Minnesota: Lean D
Mississippi: Safe R
Missouri: Tossup
Montana: Tossup
Nebraska: Safe R
Nevada: Tossup
New Jersey: Lean D
New Mexico: Likely D
New York: Safe D
North Dakota: Tossup
Ohio: Tossup
Pennsylvania: Tossup
Rhode Island: Safe D
Tennessee: Safe R
Texas: Likely R
Utah: Likely R (Depends on whether 3rd party candidate emerges)
Vermont: Safe I (unless Bernie runs as a Democrat)
Virginia: Likely D
Washington: Safe D
West Virginia: Likely D
Wisconsin: Lean D
Wyoming: Safe R

why did I actually take Atlas seriously back then? And why was I so stuck up?

The cops said the sex was "consensual"... as if people are lining up to have sex with cops in the back of police vans.
Even if it was, you aren't doing your job if you're doing the deed with people you are arresting.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »

"Make It Civil"

I'm Bagel23 and I approve this ad, because I will always defend Atlasia.

As your chamberman, I will fight hyper-partisanship. That's why I have endorsements from all sides of the aisle.

I'll continue to battle it, and those who spread it, to get it our of our chamber, and out of our government. I'll talk with other sides of the aisle, and help restore civility to the chamber. I fight this fight in the forums every day, and as your chamberman, I'll take dead aim at hyper-partisanship that has pervaded our bureaucracy.

Cause it's bad for Atlasia.

Ok this is my favorite post that I ever made.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies