Arizona: Gallego for Senate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona: Gallego for Senate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona: Gallego for Senate?  (Read 1594 times)
jbm4pres
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2017, 12:54:58 PM »

Ruben Gallego should go for Senate in 2018!! I find him to be incredibly impressive. He's a Harvard graduate, former Marine, fluent in Spanish, would only be 38 in 2018 and he'd have been in the House for four years. The guy has rising star written all over him. He should take on Flake in 2018!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 04:03:13 PM »

I think Sinema's been eyeing a run. I think she'd make a fine senator too.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »

I really want either Gabrielle Giffords or Mark Kelly for this
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »

Not to be rude, but has Gabby Giffords recovered to the point where she could serve as Senator??
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:51:05 PM »

Not to be rude, but has Gabby Giffords recovered to the point where she could serve as Senator??

No. And she never will. She still says she has difficulty talking for long periods of time and finding the right words.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »

Sinema has unfortunately already filed to run for reelection where she will be first primaried by Talia Fuentes a Berniecrat who was the Dem candidate for AZ-5 in 2016

If she did run she would make the race very competitive, she has more than 2.5 more campaign funds than flake does as of the last FEC report.

Gellego is nice, meeting him last spring was a highlight of my spring break, but hes just way to far left to win statewide in AZ.
Dem candidate must be pro-gun theres no other way.
I have heard ruff lings that Gabrielle Giffords could run for something (maybe a challenge to Martha mcsally for her old district?)
Giffords is probably the only pro gun reform candidate that could win in a statewide race

Mark Kelly is also a rising star
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »

Sinema has unfortunately already filed to run for reelection where she will be first primaried by Talia Fuentes a Berniecrat who was the Dem candidate for AZ-5 in 2016

If she did run she would make the race very competitive, she has more than 2.5 more campaign funds than flake does as of the last FEC report.

Gellego is nice, meeting him last spring was a highlight of my spring break, but hes just way to far left to win statewide in AZ.
I have heard ruff lings that Gabrielle Giffords could run for something (maybe a challenge to Martha mcsally for her old district?)
Giffords is probably the only pro gun reform candidate that could win in a statewide race

Mark Kelly has never even run for office before; he's not a rising star.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 05:16:25 PM »

He doesn't have to be.
Look at Ossoff and Quist
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »

He doesn't have to be.
Look at Ossoff and Quist

They're not rising stars either.  I don't think that term means what you think it means Tongue
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 05:44:46 PM »

He doesn't have to be.
Look at Ossoff and Quist

They're not rising stars either.  I don't think that term means what you think it means Tongue

Likely Tongue

in other perspective from me. I think the best opportunity for dems to get a senate seat in AZ isn't in 2018 but in 2022 under 2 circumstances:
1)McCain Retires
2)Trump Wins reelection
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »

I'll just latch on to this thread; does Kelli Ward pose a significant threat to Flake? If so, would she be easier for the Democrats to defeat?

Maybe Arizona needs to be McCaskilled.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 10:14:54 AM »

Gabby Giffords is lucky to be alive after the shooting, let alone being as functional as she is right now.

I'll just latch on to this thread; does Kelli Ward pose a significant threat to Flake? If so, would she be easier for the Democrats to defeat?

Maybe Arizona needs to be McCaskilled.

Even if Kelli Ward can't defeat Jeff Flake in the primary, she would still give him a run for his money.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »

Sinema probably has more crossover appeal, though Gallego is impressive

We should get Stanton to run for something
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »

If only Carmona was younger. He did surprisingly well in '12, all things considered.

Sinema would be great, shame she's waiting. But a (hopefully) open seat in 2022 is probably a better bet still. Maybe this is the year Mark Kelly takes the plunge.

How likely is Kirkpatrick to try again?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »

Open seat is a better opportunity than even a weak incumbent. There might be a Democrat in the White House, there might not.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 10:47:40 PM »

Sinema would get smacked. At this time, Arizona won't elect a LGBT person on a state level. If you come back to me in ten years, I might say meh, just because of the rising hispanic population that will eventually swing the state blue. The best chance we got to actually give Jeff Flake a run for his money is Gabby Gifford's husband.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies