Office of Harry S Truman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:18:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Harry S Truman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Office of Harry S Truman  (Read 12629 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2021, 07:24:32 PM »

10 December 2021

This is a solemn but a glorious hour. I only wish that John C. Frémont had lived to witness this day. Governor Dave informs me that the forces of Wulfric have surrendered to the Holy Alliance. The flags of freedom fly over all Lincoln.

For this victory, we join in offering our thanks to the Providence which has guided and sustained us through the dark days of adversity.

Our rejoicing is sobered and subdued by a supreme consciousness of the terrible price we have paid to rid the world of Wulfric and his evil band. Let us not forget, my fellow Frémonters, the sorrow and the heartache which today abide in the homes of so many of our neighbors—neighbors whose most priceless possession has been rendered as a sacrifice to redeem our liberty.

The victory over Wulfric is absolute. It is the victory of the people over the forces of tyranny. It is the victory of the Union over the agents of secession and civil war.

The leadership of Frémont has not been wanting in this hour. It is we who provided the votes to defeat Wulfric once and for all, and retire his despicable agenda.

Let the enemies of the constitution consider well: the might of Frémont, arrayed on the side of justice, is irresistible. While I live, I will not suffer traitorous fools to make a mockery of our Union. I will destroy them completely, as I have destroyed Wulfric.

It has been a long and hard struggle against the enemies of freedom in Lincoln. That struggle is now at an end.

We can now return to the vital and necessary work of reconstructing our republic. For too long our democratic institutions have been neglected. We must dedicate all of our power and ability to restoring free government to this continent, so that the forces of Wulfric may never come to power again.

I congratulate our brothers and sisters in Lincoln at this glorious hour. It is together, in our common purpose, that we have triumphed.

Gloria Frémontis! Gloria Lincolnensis!

Harry S Truman, first minister
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2021, 11:01:32 AM »

15 December 2021

What is true regionalism?

A desperate conspiracy of dangerous and ill-designing men, have lately proposed the doctrine, which they call federalism, or regionalism, that for the rights of the regions to be respected, the central authority should do nothing at all.

This doctrine is most convenient for their purposes. It allows them to oppose progress without stating the reasons for their opposition. It allows them to oppose liberty in the guise of respecting the constitituion.

Their "federalism" is a negative, regressive regionalism. It is a philosophy which is looking ever backward. It is a strategy which offers nothing but retrenchment and simpering moralism in the face of a concerted assault on our Union by the forces of secession and unitarism.

Whatever false and perfidious charges have been filed against my character, the people know well, that I am the truest friend of the regions who ever walked the earth. Time and again, in my long career, I have been an advocate for the rights of the regions: for strengthening them in the constitution, for respecting them in the legislatures and the courts of the republic, for promoting them in all cases civil and political.

In the course of my career in public life, I have consistently opposed federal impositions on the rights of the regions. I have consistently argued for measures to increase their importance and independence within the Union.

It is why I support Scottcare and oppose a federal unitary provider. It is why I opposed federally-mandated recall elections. It is why I prefer the FEA to the AEA. It is why I defended our regional college board from the unitary federal one.

My record on this issue is beyond reproach. Those who deny this are categorically pusillanimous, sniveling liars.

But I am a progressive regionalist, and not a so-called "federalist." The difference, is that I have a vision for the regions, whereas the federalists have adopted regionalism only as a delaying tactic.

We have discussed already at length, the sorry history of the Federal party. It is descended from all of the monsters of history: Hamilton, Taney, and Buchanan. It is descended from the Southern Secession Party and the wicked Keatonite Radicals.

The Federal party denies this lamentable record. They seek to lay the charge of radicalism at the feet of Labor. But Laborite radicalism has been exiled and exorcised by yours truly. It is a totally moribund ideology.

This past weekend, the Federal party elected a senator, a leader of the splinter element calling itself the "Patriot party," an avowed unitarist and foe of the regions. This is an individual who the chair of the Federal party has denounced as a dangerous and radical unitarist. But he was elected.

The enemies of the regions are everywhere. They are in the halls of government and the ranks of aspiring office-seekers. They inhabit the left, the right, and the center. They will invade any party or organization which may be adapted to do their dark bidding.

We cannot blame parties for their members. But we can blame them for their mission.

What is the federalist vision for the regions?

It is a vision in which nothing is ever achieved at all. It is not, as they say, a relationship of "checks and balances." Checks and balances require that the central authority should sometimes intervene to protect the rights of the people. But the federalists opposed the Labor Rights Amendment. Their real object is inaction, and federalism is only an excuse.

There is another vision for the regions. It is the progressive vision.

The progressive regionalists believe the regions should act preemptively, aggressively, to advance the interests of their constituents and to develop the regional culture. The Madisonian system only works if each of the regions and the central authority are zealous advocates for their role in that system. The alternative is sloth, decay, and ultimately degeneracy and revolution.

The great Westerner, Theodore Roosevelt, once spoke of what he called the Strenuous Life. The progressive regionalists are advocates for the Strenuous Life. We believe the regions should push themselves to the limit, in their pursuit of a "liberty, equality, and brotherhood." They should use every power and every right at their disposal to invent themselves strong, proud, cohesive communities within the federal Union.

Regionalism is not the pining for the past, but the striving for the future. It is the system through which we create a "more perfect Union."

The conservative right has never understood this. They believe the enemies of Union can be defeated by moralism. They believe activity in the public square can be revived by nostalgia alone.

You cannot roll back the tide of history. You can either be carried by it, or drowned beneath it.

Regionalism, to survive, must reinvent itself. The republic, to survive, must reinvent itself.

Now more than ever, we need a proactive, progressive regionalism to counter the unitarist ambitions of the left and the right. That is what we are pursuing in Frémont.

I love the Union, and I love our federal system. It is for this reason that I must warn again the Siren song of federalism. It has only ever tempted pilots toward the wreck of their destruction.

Those who would save the Union must save it by their energy and application. We have seen the role of the regions thus far in guarding the liberty of the people. We must find out how that role will be performed in the years to come, as Jefferson did, as Lincoln did, as each generation of Atlasians has had to reinvent our sacred republican institutions in order to preserve their original intent and function.

Every assault on the rights of the regions must be resisted. The Fifth Constitution has significantly curtailed the authority of the regions over senatorial elections. This, they say, was necessary for the introduction of unicameralism —and it is probably true. But we must be ever vigilant, that the cause of expediency is not invoked wantonly for the destruction of the Union and the regional system.

There are those in my own party who believe the regions are weak and antiquated. These fools are imperceptive of the true nature of history. A free republic, requires a balance of power between the several interests which form its society. It requires a carefully crafted and carefully balanced constitution.

I will repeat the promise which I have made many times in the last years. If Nyman ever votes to abolish our regions, we return the central authority to the dust.

It is imperative on those who constitute the federal Senate, that national programs be put in place which respect the rights and autonomy of the several regions. Scottcare is the model on which these programs should be moulded.

It is imperative on those who advocate the rights of the regions, that they have actual proposals for how those rights will be exercised and defended. Blanket opposition to any federal legislation is not sufficient to justify a claim of regionalism.

In the late crisis in Lincoln, I was disturbed to see so many so-called Unionists had nothing more to offer besides moralism and denunciations. They had no compelling argument in favor of Union, though many compelling arguments exist to be made. They had only fury at those who would revolt against a Union which at that time was struggling even to assert itself in the face of historic lethargy.

Unionism must embrace a coherent and proactive vision for the republic. It is not enough simply to draw images of death and destruction which lurk beyond the veil of secession. Every citizen must see the real benefits which the Union provides to them.

This is the mistake the Unionists made in 1850. It is the mistake the conservative Unionists are continually making. It is the mistake the left-wing Unionists do not even think to make, for too often their Unionism is nominal and passionless.

A Union without purpose is a dying Union. It is one that will not survive the winter.

We must see new proposals from Nyman and the regions to revive the love and purpose of the Union. Many brilliant men and women have already spoken some of the necessary proposals.

We must collaborate to raise the standard of living for all citizens. We must put in place new programs to improve the lot of the working class. We must make this nation, he richest on the Earth, also the fairest and the most compassionate.

This vision cannot be achieved without the equal commitment of the central authority and the regions.

Whether it can be achieved, depends entirely on the courage of those in elected office, to either drive on boldly into the future, or sit down in the mud in sorrow for the loss of the past.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2021, 03:17:38 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2021, 03:23:59 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

True regionalism, unrestrained and uninhibited? Well that's secessionism, General Rosecrans:

Also after the failure of dissolution and the removal of centralist radicals from the center stage, the radical's emphasis shifted more towards ILV's line of thinking and ILV did in fact support removing the Federal gov't. This was a very clever move because it tugs at a fissure on the regionalist side that has existed since 2009.

That was what happened when DFW pushed for a confederation in 2017 and several prominent regionalists like PiT got on board. The thing is the "Regionalist" movement after it broadened its base took on a lot of more mainstream conservatives like myself, Jedi, and Inks among others. This meant that secession and dissolving the federal gov't were off the table. What unified us was resisting the tide of centralization and opposing attempts to strip the regions of what powers they had left (Regional Senate seats, ratification booths etc), but we disagreed on secession and dissolving the Federal Gov't.

If you want to divide the Regionalist movement into blocs, you would have the "Federalists" and the "ultra-Regionalists". Once the Federalist Party was formed, it had unwittingly, while merely creating a history based theme, created an identity that perfectly encapsulated my wing of the Regionalist movement, and yet it spent a year resisting this identity and regionalism in general trying to be a RL style conservative party and I was still sulking about the loss of the RPP to really push it much until after June 2013.

The full rest of your post is a complete an utter straw man that sets "federalism" as articulated by me up in contrast to a construct that is "federalism" though called something else and with all of the Labor centralist pet projects foisted into it and "excused" in the same manner and fashion as Dabbing Santa justified it.  "If it is for our stuff, centralism is okay".

To another point that must and should be addressed here is the history of "federalism" in the ex-United States. To begin with, to associate "federalism" with the likes of Hamilton and Adams is to take but a snap shot of the history and also to exhibit a strong bias for the propaganda by said people which allowed them to come in the possession of such a term.

In the beginning, to be a "federalist" meant to support the Articles of Confederation, whereas to be a nationalist meant to be a critic of such. The acquisition of the term "federalist" by the nationalists was a public relations act that served to put them in the driver's seat and relegate their opponents thus to the title of "anti-Federalist". To this day you have the "Federalist Papers" and the "Anti-Federalist Papers" expounding on the views of both as it relates to the constitution. This would be the first "seizure" of the term and I am kind of surprised you did not highlight this as a Laborite to discredit the Federalists even more, since the true heirs of Whig tradition thus had their own name stolen from them by men of money, land (and yes slavery, though their were slave owners on both sides of this debate).

In the second instance, after the ratification of the Constitution you had what could be termed the second hijacking of this term, which was by the likes of Alexander Hamilton, and thus the RL Federalist Party came to be known as a centralist entity, which you expound so much misdirected energy to deride and then engage in tenuous at best and ludicrous at worst attempts to link us to them. If the current Federalist Party, the one founded in 2012 were a successor to the 2007 Federalist Party, you might have a point. However this is not so, the Federalist Party of 2012, in having its origins in the Regionalist Movement would fundamentally stand in opposition to the Party of the same name created by Bullmoose in 2007 and which declared itself the spiritual heirs to the party of Alexander Hamilton.

Since the time of the founding "small f federalism" as a political philosophy has come to be understood to represent the balance manifested in the constitution in opposition to the extremes both in favor of centralism on the one hand and secessionism and confederation on the other. It is to this philosophical tradition that the Federalist Party acclaims its allegiance to, not the bastardized organization of the late 1790s, which within 20 years was itself advocating secession. .

Lastly, I shall deal the "Southern Secessionist Party" reference and the "Keatonite Radicals" reference.

As Hagrid made brutally clear in 2013 when he said "This is not the Regional Protection Party", he was correct though not necessarily for the reasons that he would have said for a motivation. You are correct that the Regional Protection Party was born of the Southern Secessionist Party in 2008, and it featured libertarian politicians like SPC who favored abolition of the federal government and such forth. However, to build a national movement, support for secession was dropped in favor of ever more "federalist" positions. This progression only continued as such under my leadership as I opposed the push for a Council of Governors and for the abolition of At-Large Senate seats as many RPPers supported when I joined. Even so, as should be obvious to anyone, the RPP dissolved in 2012 and has not existed since that time and by that point most secessionist sentiment had long departed to the Populares and then either left the game, or had moderated away from those positions upon returning to the RPP. To associate the late period RPP, which contained people as such Afleitch, Franzl and first labor elected President Marokai Blue, as being "no different than the Southern Secessionist Party of 2008" is to willfully play ignorant with the history in order to score points.

The Federalist Party formed in 2012 was formed in reaction to the radicalism of labor, by ex-RPPers yes, but also a number of others who were not in that party, in order to resist the press of old labor into the South and contest the rise of radical politics that arouse alongside of Labor at the same time to prominence, from previous positions of marginalization. At the same time, there was no set determination on its philosophy on such matters and to the extent that there was a press to restore the late period RPP philosophy as the driving force of the Federalist Party, there was resistance to this, particularly from newer non RPPers and from more centralist minded politicians:

Once the Federalist Party was formed, it had unwittingly, while merely creating a history based theme, created an identity that perfectly encapsulated my wing of the Regionalist movement, and yet it spent a year resisting this identity and regionalism in general trying to be a RL style conservative party and I was still sulking about the loss of the RPP to really push it much until after June 2013.  

It seems as if General Pope here is trying to talk out of both sides of his hindquarters here. First he is linking us to a secessionist movement birthed by Southern libertarians almost 15 years ago, and then he is linking us to a former member from half a decade ago, whose most remembered for alienating libertarians and his ill conceived friendships on IRC. I guess that counts as something relevant in the era of pulling random bs from history to play guilt by association.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2021, 01:43:54 PM »

I wonder how many speeches I can pull out of my ass before Yankee runs out of Union generals?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2021, 07:13:27 PM »

I wonder how many speeches I can pull out of my ass before Yankee runs out of Union generals?

I got the full orders of battle down to the regiment for most major battles, so go ahead make my day McDowell.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2021, 11:28:40 PM »

I got the full orders of battle down to the regiment for most major battles, so go ahead make my day McDowell.

Wikipedia is a magical thing.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »

Wikipedia is a magical thing.

Wikipedia? I got them from the site "official records of the War of Rebellion" back in 2004.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2021, 06:46:23 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, by the authority vested in me as first minister of Frémont, in accordance with the provisions of FT 19.01§2(ii), the Frémont National Guard Act, commission Brig. Gen. Danielle Tozer of the State of Washington with the rank of adjutant general of the Frémont National Guard, which appointment she shall hold at the pleasure of the first minister, as per the aforesaid FT 19.01§2(ii).

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2021, 07:20:51 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, by the authority vested in me as first minister of Frémont, in accordance with the provisions of FT 19.01§2(ii), the Frémont National Guard Act, commission Brig. Gen. Danielle Tozer of the State of Washington with the rank of adjutant general of the Frémont National Guard, which appointment she shall hold at the pleasure of the first minister, as per the aforesaid FT 19.01§2(ii).

Making Dreadnought real? This is the constituent service I like to see! Thank you FIRST MINISTER Truman!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2021, 12:34:54 PM »

29 December 2021

The red-brown alliance are out in full force and baying for blood. Defeated by the voice of the people, denied by the long arm of the law, they have combined in cowardly conspiracy to launch this fresh assault on the rights of our regions, which is the wicked and perfidious challenge to the bipartisan plain packaging law in the courts of our republic. By this challenge, they seek to crucify our regions upon a cross of unitarism. I declare that this government will resist by any and all lawful and constitutional means the dominating and tyrannical power of Nyman which seeks to overturn the democratic deliberation of our regional bodies.

The purpose of the plain packaging law, which was adopted by parliament earlier this year with nary a dissenting vote, and the effusive support of leaders of all parties, is to destroy the economic power and influence of the tobacco lobby. For this, the the purveyors of poison and misery have declared unconditional war on regionalism. They seek to restore the empire of death by an appeal to tyrannical unitarist legislation of the old republic, forbidding the constituent states of the last Union to regulate the sale and packaging of tobacco products.

The cackling goons of the tobacco lobby will surely meet defeat in the court of justice. But if the courts find fit to rule in their favor, God knoweth how, I will simply resort to even more extreme measures to totally destroy their strength and power in Frémont.

We call on our friends, the so-called "federalists," to support the regionalization of tobacco laws proposed by our great Frémontian senator Western Democrat and demonstrate their genuine attachment to the principle of regional rights. If they do not, we shall know that all this talk of "federalism" is a humbug and merely a flimsy disguise for their putative devotion to the monied interest.

We call on all the friends of labor to stand firm against the combination of the communists and fascists in their war on regionalism. This war we must and shall win for the liberty of all Atlasians under the constitution.

We will have peace, law, and regionalism. We will be free from the conniving schemes of capital.

We will be a free region, or we will soon find we have no region at all.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2022, 06:57:35 PM »

SECESIONIST TRUMAN SHALL RISE.... not again just rise!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2022, 06:47:50 PM »

You are fake news.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2022, 06:49:25 PM »

Do you or anyone else in your party play this game out of anything other than spite anymore, lol.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2022, 06:51:56 PM »

Spite is a driving factor that goes beyond party lines. You of all people should know that. But there is one more factor that drives people in this game: sheer, absolute boredom.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2022, 07:29:44 PM »

Spite is a driving factor that goes beyond party lines. You of all people should know that. But there is one more factor that drives people in this game: sheer, absolute boredom.
Find other ways to satisfy your boredom this same old bullsh!t that has dominated the game over the past six months. Y'all aren't going to eliminate me or Yankee from the game
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »

Speak for yourself. I've been working to get CBD passed in Frémont, and it passed in Lincoln last Tuesday. The ball's in your court now.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2022, 07:45:23 PM »

Speak for yourself. I've been working to get CBD passed in Frémont, and it passed in Lincoln last Tuesday. The ball's in your court now.

Isnt cbd already legal in all 3 regions? A couple years ago we had legal weed, mushrooms, and lsd in all 3 regions plus medical cocaine in all 3 regions (and federally).
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2022, 07:49:51 PM »

Isnt cbd already legal in all 3 regions? A couple years ago we had legal weed, mushrooms, and lsd in all 3 regions plus medical cocaine in all 3 regions (and federally).
I forgot you weren't around for my campaign last cycle. No, CBD is Critical Belief of Dreadnought.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2022, 09:02:13 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2022, 12:38:29 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

I, Harry S Truman, by the authority vested in my as first minister of Frémont by the laws and constitution thereof, appoint Peebs of the State of Washington to the Senate seat vacated by KoopaDaQuick.

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2022, 03:31:28 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, by the authority vested in my as first minister of Frémont by the laws and constitution thereof, appoint Peebs of the State of Washington to the Senate seat vacated by KoopaDaQuick.

Probably should have officially thanked you for this. Thank you, Truman, very cool!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2022, 06:48:08 PM »

19 January 2022

The Senate has lately taken up a resolution bearing my name to crack down on lazy senators submitting incomplete or unfunded bills. These shiftless spendthrifts yearly endanger the solvency of our Union with their contemptible aversion to budgets and sums; I recommend this resolution to the Senate as a prudent response to the epidemic of idleness sweeping the capital. If Frémont can pass a balanced budget every year and sustain all the necessary services of the state fully funded, there is no excuse for any progressive to oppose this measure. The Labor party should be the party of fiscal responsibility: I will be watching our senators closely to see if they are true Jeffersonians or disgusting, obnoxious Quids!

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2022, 06:40:23 AM »

The Labor party should be the party of fiscal responsibility - Harry "Lebensraum" Truman

Quote from: Labor Reps, Griffin Regime
JGibson
MB
Wulfric

Quote from: HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution

To repeal the Paygo rule and allow more flexibility in the appropriation of funding in bills.

Be it resolved in the Atlasian House Assembled,

Section 1.

Article 2 of the House of the Representatives Rules and Procedures for Operation shall be amended by striking section 7 with succeeding sections renumbered accordingly.
Sponsor: JGibson/MB

Quote from:  Article 2, Section 7 of House of the Representatives Rules and Procedures for Operation
7.) All bills appropriating money must either raise taxes or cut other spending to cover the costs of the appropriations contained therein. Exempted from this shall be emergency legislation declared as such by the President in clause 2.D of this section. In addition such bills must have any funding increases and decreases connected to a specific federal department budget. Any bill that includes a funding change that is not connected to a specific federal department budget shall not be able to be brought to a final vote. The House may override this section with a 2/3rds vote.

Quote from: JGibson, Labor - HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
AYE
Quote from: MB, Labor - HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
Aye
Quote from: Wulfric aka Dwarven Dragon, Labor - HR 19-34: Operation Appropriations Freedom Resolution
Aye

LOL
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2022, 08:03:51 AM »

Find a new hobby.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2022, 01:22:46 AM »

dear first minster trumman,

i am a 5 year old orphan living in the south and every morning "governor" loserville thunder personally beats up a small child to get their lunch money because the government is insolvent  as a result of debts incurred in service of conducting elections fraud. the federalists continue to bleed our people dry.

every afternoon, loserville thunder personally raises taxes to aburd levels so that he can fund his extravagant lunches at the federalist society, on the taxpayer dime.

every evening, loserville thunder barges into a random family's home and steals their dinner just to throw it out and expound on the merits of personal responsibility.

please esteemed and gracious first minister truman, i beseech you to take us in your magnanimous arms and free the south from the tyranny of "governor" loservillethunder.

p.s. if you do not hear back assume I have been persecuted and incarcerated or worse for my political views by the thunder government. let that steel your heart against the overlords of the south.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2022, 08:23:14 PM »

24 January 2022

Events to our east are proceeding rapidly. Many honest citizens of the southern States have appealed to me to interpose for arresting the progress of the evil. For too long has the nation turned a blind eye to the menace of tyranny growing daily stronger in the dark lands beyond the Mississippi. I say, on behalf of all the Western people, we will not abandon our brothers and sisters to the cruel intents of the Slave Power. We will now allow the the rights and liberties of the people to be gnashed in the bloody maw of the Nashville government.

Many have pleaded for this government to lend military support to the cause of the republicans protesting a stolen election. They observe that we are the greatest military power on this continent, and that none can withstand our righteous wrath. I am a man of peace. I love peace as I love the constitution and the federal Union. And I call on all parties to advocate for the just recognition of their rights by all means afforded to them by the law and the constitution of the federal Union.

This government will shortly be in contact with the legitimate authority to ensure the peaceful and democratic transfer of power to a new administration.

We will have peace. We will have liberty. We will have law and order.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies