The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The American Way: A 2016 Election Game. (Sign Up/Rules/Discussion)  (Read 6347 times)
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »

Can I have the Endorsements of Tim Penny and Dean Barkley?
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »

Could I have the endorsements of Chris Coons and Deval Patrick?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:07 PM »

Could I have the endorsements of Chris Coons and Deval Patrick?

You can DM me.

Can I have the Endorsements of Tim Penny and Dean Barkley?

Yes.

When does the next turn come out?

Tomorrow Morning.

Granted!
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »

Should we expect the next turn sometime today?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2019, 11:31:01 AM »

Should we expect the next turn sometime today?

Later today or tomorrow.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2019, 12:13:36 PM »

(Posting this on all active games, not singling out anyone or any particular game yet)

Friendly reminder that the policy regarding image posting must be followed on the games, there was already an announcement on the board and it is followed by this. Watermarked images are out of the question, and posted images must be attributed in terms of origin (even in footnotes at the end of the post so as to not break the illusion).

To give you a useful example taken from a player in Atlasia (I hope he doesn't mind):

(Image in question)

Note for mods: Image taken from Wikipedia's article on Pittsburgh

And one from Dave himself:

(Image in question)

President Bush Nominates Henry Paulson as Treasury Secretary 2
Shealah Craighead [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

For the time being I'll be removing the watermarked ones, and from this second announcement on pictures that are not attributed (that comes with an infraction). I get that it will take some effort to adapt at first because it changes how pictures are used within the board, but it is necessary to make such an effort.

(Please don't make me use the flamethrower)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »

Pls no spam Purple heart
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »

Holding up a policy like that makes me less willing to continue this game or anything on the election games board. A truly terrible rule that breaks the flow and feel of the game.

Are you just going to delete images that people haven't marked?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »

Holding up a policy like that makes me less willing to continue this game or anything on the election games board. A truly terrible rule that breaks the flow and feel of the game.

In all seriousness, it's not really optional for Lumine or Dave. If Dave wants to continue running the site he needs there to be some rule of law, and if people keep on posting copyrighted images then there is a large liability for the site to get shut down. I just really hope more people see where they're coming from as I don't want to see people get banned or the site shutdown.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »

Why don't we just make it to where if we used images that are labeled for re-use, then we don't have to hyperlink them, but if we get ones that aren't labeled for reuse, we then have to cite them?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »

Well yes. I very much regret the impact it may have on some players but sadly, the policy is necessary if Dave and the site are to avoid legal issues, and not a random act of fascism. So yes, I will have to delete images that are not attributed.

In all seriousness, it's not really optional for Lumine or Dave. If Dave wants to continue running the site he needs there to be some rule of law, and if people keep on posting copyrighted images then there is a large liability for the site to get shut down. I just really hope more people see where they're coming from as I don't want to see people get banned or the site shutdown.

Indeed. Would I wish it was optional? Yes, but it isn't and there are good - or at least compelling - reasons for it.

Why don't we just make it to where if we used images that are labeled for re-use, then we don't have to hyperlink them, but if we get ones that aren't labeled for reuse, we then have to cite them?

I'm afraid I don't follow, could you ellaborate a bit?
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »

Well yes. I very much regret the impact it may have on some players but sadly, the policy is necessary if Dave and the site are to avoid legal issues, and not a random act of fascism. So yes, I will have to delete images that are not attributed.

Indeed. Would I wish it was optional? Yes, but it isn't and there are good - or at least compelling - reasons for it.

When you go to google something, for example say I google, "Marco Rubio Speaking."

I would go to the tool menu, press on Usage Rights, then press on Labeled for Reuse.

The images that are labeled under Reuse, are non-copyrighted, which means no punishment for using them.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2019, 07:28:31 PM »

When you go to google something, for example say I google, "Marco Rubio Speaking."

I would go to the tool menu, press on Usage Rights, then press on Labeled for Reuse.

The images that are labeled under Reuse, are non-copyrighted, which means no punishment for using them.

That sounds good
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2019, 09:17:46 PM »

Can I have the endorsement of Mitch McConnell and Mitt Romney
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2019, 05:51:21 PM »

JIM WEBB ANNOUNCES PRESIDENTIAL BID ON MSNBC[/b]

Joe Scarborough "We are now joined by former Virginia Senator Jim Webb, and we have word he has a big announcement he wants to share with us. Jim?"

Jim Webb "That's right Joe. But first, I just want to thank you for having me today."

Scarborough "Our pleasure. So what is this announcement of yours?"

Webb "Well Joe, I have done some reflecting over the past few weeks, and one thing is clear: our party, the Democrat Party, has swung to the left in recent years, and as a result he have taken a real beating, from local elections all the way to Congress. But it seems we haven't learned from our mistake. In fact, we have some of the most liberal presidential candidates ever running for the nomination this year.

We won't win this election if we nominate someone who keeps pushing us to the left. America is more polarized than just about ever before, and the only way we can win is if we nominate a moderate, someone who can appeal to both sides and unite our nation. Seeing that there are no other candidates who I believe can do this, I have decided to run myself."

Scarborough "So it's official: Jim Webb is in!"

Webb (laughing) "That's right, Joe, that's right."

Scarborough "But how do you win? What do you think makes you stand out from the other candidates, and if you do win the nomination, how do you win the election?"

Webb "Good question. Like I said, I'm a moderate, but I'm still a Democrat. I pushed for criminal justice and drug law reform, I was a critic of the Iraq War, I supported the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. But at the same time, I believe in a strong foreign policy plan, I support the Second Amendment, and I think we need to address the issues of immigration and why people are coming here illegally. I still believe that my views are in line with many of your average Democrat voters, the average middle-class or blue collar worker, and once the message gets out, I think we have a great chance at beating out the other guys, who are all fighting for that small, hard left vote bloc. And of course, once we win the primary, the election will be easy, because my views are also in line with most of the country, and I think people won't be too happy voting for a pro-rich tax cut, pro-big business Republican."

Scarborough "Alright, I'm afraid that's all the time we have, so Senator, thanks for coming on and sharing your plans with us. Folks, former Senator and current presidential candidate, Jim Webb."

Webb "Thanks again, Joe. Appreciate it."

Image source: https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/03/04/video-jim-webb-jumps-trump-train/

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »

When is the turn report being posted?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2019, 04:31:07 PM »

Heads up, I considered what jakobisgood argued and unless the images policy is further specified I will allow it, just as long as the image is still attributed and has no watermarks.

(Coincidentally, jakobisgood has been banned from this board for unrelated reasons)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2019, 04:31:46 PM »

Thank you for starting to adapt! (I would urge to add the attribution as well, not just the link)

raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »

Heads up, I considered what jakobisgood argued and unless the images policy is further specified I will allow it, just as long as the image is still attributed and has no watermarks.

(Coincidentally, jakobisgood has been banned from this board for unrelated reasons)

When will jakobisgood be allowed back on the election games board?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2019, 05:04:10 PM »

When will jakobisgood be allowed back on the election games board?

90 days.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »

GrassR00ts it's been 8 days since the turn started, any time table for the turn. We can make 7 day turns if that works better for you as it will allow for us and you to have more time to work on the turns.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »

This game has pretty much been cut short from the new image  policy right?

I'd say it's put the kibosh on any future games.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2019, 12:09:34 AM »

I would say so. Hopefully the mods and Dave review this rule and repeal it.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »

I would say so. Hopefully the mods and Dave review this rule and repeal it.
I am hopeful. Pictures are a key part of these games and it has hurt the games currently going on
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2019, 09:52:11 AM »

Too late to jump in?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies