Big probable news, that might affect Governor & Senate race in Ohio. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:00:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Big probable news, that might affect Governor & Senate race in Ohio. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Big probable news, that might affect Governor & Senate race in Ohio.  (Read 2759 times)
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« on: November 25, 2005, 01:05:23 PM »

Hmmm at this point I think Brown will have a lock on the Democratic Primary should one happen and as a result I think Hackett will end up running for Congress again where I think he'll defeat the chickenhawk. =)
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 07:33:01 PM »

Aren't the congressional primaries all at the same time?  How would Hackett jump back into the OH-2 race if the primary is over? (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

Aye Early May for primaries.  However by the filing deadline (Feb) I expect Hackett to no longer be running for Senate and to be running against Jean Schmidt claiming that her attacks on Murtha had begun to change his mind.

Now I'm not from Ohio but what I'm told is that it was Sherod Brown's machine that was driving Hackett's campaign on the ground.  Hackett supposedly asked Brown if he was going to run for Senate.  It wasn't till after Brown declined that Hackett started building for a run against Dewine.  I think Hackett is by far the better candidate as both a straight talking Marine and as a political outsider but Brown clearly has the strength of the political machine working for him in both the DSCC and within the Ohio Democratic Machine.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I never agree with carpetbaggers.  He should be running for his home district or none at all IMO.  Look how close he was BEFORE the bottom dropped out of both the Ohio GOP scandals and the Iraq debacle.  If he runs against Schmidt I expect him to win in 2006.  If he doesn't run I suspect she'll be challenged in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies