NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:50:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112702 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: August 06, 2020, 01:26:07 PM »

So are the Working Families Party going to grow a pair of balls and run their own candidate? Seriously, if they co-nominate Cuomo after everything that has happened, they deserve to lose their ballot access.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:56:50 PM »

So are the Working Families Party going to grow a pair of balls and run their own candidate? Seriously, if they co-nominate Cuomo after everything that has happened, they deserve to lose their ballot access.

Their candidate would get like 5% statewide and Cuomo 53-56% rather than 58-63%. What would be the point?

If you don't know how elections in New York work, why are you posting?

The Working Families Party have to get 150k votes to stay on the ballot for the next 4 years. If they don't, they die. That's the point. Cuomo has deliberately taken actions to kill the party with his underlings tripling the ballot access line to where based on 2018 results the only party other than the Democrats and Republicans that would stay on the ballot is the Conservative Party of New York.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 07:06:16 AM »

Their candidate would get like 5% statewide and Cuomo 53-56% rather than 58-63%. What would be the point?

If you don't know how elections in New York work, why are you posting?

The Working Families Party have to get 150k votes to stay on the ballot for the next 4 years. If they don't, they die. That's the point. Cuomo has deliberately taken actions to kill the party with his underlings tripling the ballot access line to where based on 2018 results the only party other than the Democrats and Republicans that would stay on the ballot is the Conservative Party of New York.

I just don't think minor parties make a lot of sense under this voting system, since it's unlikely they ever elect a governor or statewide officials.

Again, if you don't know how elections in New York work, why are you posting?

The Working Families Party's raison d'etre is to be a left-wing force on the Democrats to force them to nominate more left-wing people instead of moderates due to New York's fusion system.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:34:37 AM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/02/20/its-like-gangster-stuff-more-new-york-politicians-accuse-cuomo-of-threatening-behavior/?sh=3f0635991450

Cuomo, De Blasio, and Trump. Good job New Yorkers!
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 02:24:54 PM »

Does anyone think this is a potential setup?

What, like everyone conspiring to force out of power the governor who made his name in white-collar financial crimes on the eve of the outbreak of the Global Financial Crisis, and having him replaced with someone literally blind?
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 02:29:28 PM »

Working Families Party wants Cuomo out.

Then the dumbasses shouldn't have nominated him in 2018.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 02:35:14 PM »

Not even a year ago, his press conferences were given live nationwide coverage and he was being proclaimed a hero simply for being Governor of New York during a pandemic (Gotta love East Coast Bias).

I'm glad the day has come where the cards have come crashing down on Cuomo.

I watched one of his conferences with his brother on CNN. Ethically, that was just horrible for everyone involved at the time, especially CNN, and it looks worse now.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 08:33:09 AM »

Does anyone think this is a potential setup?

What, like everyone conspiring to force out of power the governor who made his name in white-collar financial crimes on the eve of the outbreak of the Global Financial Crisis, and having him replaced with someone literally blind?

Yes, with Eliot Spitzer, a lot of people felt that was the case....a lot of people....

And yet the New York-centric national press really have never pursued that angle. Funny that.

I tell you though, a Greek tragedist would have loved that Paterson was blind. That was too perfect.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 11:02:34 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2021, 11:11:43 AM by StateBoiler »

My take is Cuomo will at least stay on until the AG report is presented, which I expect to be devastating. Cuomo's opponents shouldn't hope on the nursing home investigation, I don't expect that one to be finished any time soon. That said, if more women come forward, he's probably going down / pushed out before James has her report published.

I'm disappointed not more high-profile Dems speak out and publically demand his resignation.

Why do people expect ethics and principles and the like out of politicians? How many times do you want to disappoint yourself before you learn? The currency of politics is not dollars, it is power. To have power you have to be on the team and follow the team's lead, unless you go create your own team and succeed in overthrowing the establishment, which happens almost never. You want to be ethical and principled, great and I'm glad for you, but you have no power then so come down and join me on the Libertarian Party.

Andrew Cuomo in the 2018 Democratic primary was the exact same person then that he is now. It's not like this is all coming out of left field, he was an asshole that knew where all the bodies were buried then, and he is still those things now. He still won the Democratic primary. And the Working Families Party still chose to nominate him.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »

Just a friendly reminder that Cuomo will never resign.

Yes, New York is a deep Blue state, and Cuomo could be reelected to a fourth term in 2022, or he could drag Schumer and downballot to a mediocre and unconvincing wins.....

If Cuomo is on the ballot in '22, does the NY Green Party gain in numbers as a leftwing protest vote?

Cuomo's new law he instigated last year kicked every 3rd party off the ballot except the Conservative Party and Working Families Party.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:51 AM »

2010: Paladino
2014: Astorino
2018: Molinaro
2022: Linguini
2026: Bucatini
2030: Rigatoni
2034: Fettuccini
2038: Tortellini
2042: Cavatelli
2046: Vermicelli 

There's a guy racing in the NASCAR Cup Series this year named Anthony Alfredo. My nickname for him is Fettuccini.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies