NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:22:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112483 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: March 15, 2021, 07:38:48 PM »

I called it!

We Democrats have spent a long time trying to figure who our Trump is and these past few weeks are making me think that Andrew Cuomo is the answer: belligerent, corrupt, crude, misogynistic, narcissistic, etc. The only real difference now is that Cuomo at least had experience before getting elected and doesn't have a (real) cult-like following among the party since Democrats don't psychologically operate that way.

And yet the evidence just keeps on mounting.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:06:23 PM »

2010: Paladino
2014: Astorino
2018: Molinaro
2022: Linguini
2026: Bucatini
2030: Rigatoni
2034: Fettuccini
2038: Tortellini
2042: Cavatelli
2046: Vermicelli 

Fettuccini, linguini, martini, bikini.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 06:42:34 PM »

As long as Cuomo isn't running every single Republican with any ambitions for Governor is wasting their time and effort by running. But hey, I can't really complain if Katko or Zeldin want to abandon their seats. I'd be fine with either. Zeldin and his stupid face is such a piece of s***, I would be grateful if he was no longer in the House. And I would love for a Democrat to actually have a chance in Katko's district if he runs for Governor instead.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »

Stefanik is future House leadership. She will not be making a suicide run for Governor.

The modern Republican Party... just LOL.

I'd laugh it wasn't so disturbing.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 05:38:49 PM »

Lee Zeldin randomly goes full voter suppressionist, demands mandatory Voter ID.

But I thought Republicans were aghast at New York laws already being too strict! It was all just concern trolling!? Impossible!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 04:50:12 PM »

Does anyone really think that Hillary Clinton wants anything to do with electoral politics anymore after 2016? I thought we were done with this after the 2020 Democratic primaries. She's done, and she knows it. At most she'll endorse and fund-raise. But that's it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »

The primary will be a cakewalk for Lee Zeldin.

Not for Hochul.

Even if true, the general election certainly won't be for Zeldin and his stupid, punchable face. He has no chance against anyone not named Andrew Cuomo.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 06:51:50 PM »

I don't know why Zeldin is giving up his house seat for this. Seems like a completely idiotic way to throw away the remainder of his political career.

I'm fine with it. Beyond just being awful in the typical Republican way, he has one of the most punchable faces of any politician I have ever seen.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 07:42:13 PM »

There is a thread in the congressional elections sub-forum where I detailed my observations and predictions for New York this year, having been subjected to an absolute onslaught of ads more than usual and spending a lot of time in Orange, Rockland, Ulster, and Westchester counties recently. So I don't really want to repeat all that here.

What I will say is that I did have kind of a bad feeling about the state but nowhere near as bad as it ended up. What I did nail though was what I thought Hochul's county map would be, and I was 100% right about it! Also note how much it seemed to correlate with the congressional district results.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 07:55:08 PM »

Hochul’s budget proposal came out and includes pushing for new charter schools. This will be a big fight with the teachers unions and their allies in the legislature.

Already signs of pushback:

Any have any idea why Hochul seems to be politically pouring gasoline onto her already on fire self?

Maybe, after her relatively close call in 2022, she is already accepting that she won't run again or be renominated and therefore now thinks she has nothing to lose?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 05:45:26 PM »

Patriots are back in control. Glory to Comrade Hochul.

Good, it's time for her to start redeeming herself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies