NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:58:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112320 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 16, 2022, 03:17:59 PM »

Cuomo is appealing to Black and Latino churches because he knows they are more establishment than white liberals.

I don't know if he has appeal.

If he was to somehow get enough signatures I cannot see him winning the primary.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1301 on: March 16, 2022, 03:31:47 PM »

Cuomo would be eviscerated by the Democrats for running, and lose any and all contacts to have a smooth retirement. No way he does this.
Duke of York

« Reply #1302 on: March 16, 2022, 09:42:51 PM »

Cuomo would be eviscerated by the Democrats for running, and lose any and all contacts to have a smooth retirement. No way he does this.
Cuomo has such a big ego I wouldn't put it past him.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1303 on: March 16, 2022, 11:48:42 PM »

Does Cuomo have a path to the nomination? He wasn't far behind Hochul in that poll and has a huge warchest.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1304 on: March 17, 2022, 01:06:26 AM »

Does Cuomo have a path to the nomination? He wasn't far behind Hochul in that poll and has a huge warchest.

Sure, if the only voters who show up on primary day are men.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1305 on: March 17, 2022, 10:04:59 AM »

Ugh, just go away, you creep.

I don't think the dude is stupid enough to actually jump in, especially this late.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1306 on: March 17, 2022, 10:07:16 AM »

He's obviously not going to win, but this kind of discredits the notion that Cuomo dead-enders we're completely irrelevant and thus shouldn't receive any attention.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1307 on: March 18, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »

I think that poll was at least in part name recognition.

I just can't see a situation where he actually pulls off a win. He might have a big warchest but I imagine a lot of his main donors will ignore him if he tries a comeback
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1308 on: March 25, 2022, 11:19:27 AM »

oh god
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1309 on: March 25, 2022, 11:39:45 AM »

oh god
Cuomo is definitely running for something
Pink Panther

« Reply #1310 on: March 25, 2022, 11:55:20 AM »

oh god
Why does it look like he has constipation in that thumbnail?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1311 on: March 25, 2022, 03:07:44 PM »

oh god

Why does this so much remind of the Trump 2024 saga? Both of these corrupt creatures just need to go away.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1312 on: March 26, 2022, 04:00:38 AM »

oh god

Are we sure he's running for something in 2022?

He might be setting himself up to primary Gillibrand in 2024 instead.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1313 on: March 26, 2022, 04:27:55 AM »

oh god

I doubt he has much of a desire for the senate. He wants to be governor again and serve a longer tenure than his old man.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1314 on: March 26, 2022, 10:53:32 AM »

oh god

I doubt he'd be spending this much on ads this far in advance
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1315 on: March 26, 2022, 03:34:02 PM »

I can't imagine him winning, but nothing would shock me.

I wonder if he'll get a minor party endorsement and be on the ballot in November.
Duke of York

« Reply #1316 on: March 26, 2022, 05:03:46 PM »

I wonder if he'll get a minor party endorsement and be on the ballot in November.
No minor party is going to give  Cuomo their ballot line.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1317 on: March 26, 2022, 05:47:18 PM »

No minor party is going to give  Cuomo their ballot line.

Would the Liberal Party do it in order to get their ballot line back?

NY's Liberal Party are all Republican hacks in disguise.  I could tell you stories about back in the day.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1318 on: March 27, 2022, 01:17:49 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2022, 01:24:13 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Cuomo wants to be Gov not Senate but Kathy Hochul is tied with Zeldin she should be miles ahead and she isn't, I don't live in NY but I wanted Gov Bill DeBlasio Hochul is overrated she doesn't stand out like other Govs should and NY is a major media market it's still Safer D but Bill DeBlasio should of had a chance to complete in a D primary voters didn't give him that chance
Duke of York

« Reply #1319 on: March 27, 2022, 09:03:21 AM »

Cuomo wants to be Gov not Senate but Kathy Hochul is tied with Zeldin she should be miles ahead and she isn't, I don't live in NY but I wanted Gov Bill DeBlasio Hochul is overrated she doesn't stand out like other Govs should and NY is a major media market it's still Safer D but Bill DeBlasio should of had a chance to complete in a D primary voters didn't give him that chance

That is one poll for a not very reputable pollster. Hochul is going to win the primary and general.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1320 on: March 28, 2022, 06:07:40 AM »

Major scandal brewing. Lieutenant Governor Brian Benjamin is under federal investigation for campaign finance fraud related to his 2021 bid for New York City Comptroller.

Federal prosecutors and the FBI are investigating whether New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin (D) played a role in directing fraudulent funds to his failed 2021 campaign for New York City comptroller.

His campaign advisers and the state Senate have been subpoenaed in the matter, according to The New York Times.

Prosecutors from the Southern District of New York have issued grand jury subpoenas seeking documents from Benjamin's campaign committee, paid staffers and consulting firms, three people familiar with the matter told the Times.

Prosecutors more recently began seeking records from the state Senate, where Benjamin previously served and represented Harlem prior to being selected for the lieutenant governor position by Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) after she became governor.

Benjamin has not been accused of wrongdoing, but Harlem real estate investor Gerald Migdol, who last year was charged with wire fraud, aggravated identity theft and other crimes, was accused of concocting a plan to misrepresent or conceal multiple illegal contributions to Benjamin's campaign, the newspaper reported.

This has the potential to be very bad news for Hochul. It probably won't cost her the election (there's still time to select a new Lieutenant Gubernatorial running mate for 2022), but it's an easy line of attack for Suozzi and for Zeldin in the general election.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1321 on: March 28, 2022, 06:51:25 AM »

Major scandal brewing. Lieutenant Governor Brian Benjamin is under federal investigation for campaign finance fraud related to his 2021 bid for New York City Comptroller.

Federal prosecutors and the FBI are investigating whether New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin (D) played a role in directing fraudulent funds to his failed 2021 campaign for New York City comptroller.

His campaign advisers and the state Senate have been subpoenaed in the matter, according to The New York Times.

Prosecutors from the Southern District of New York have issued grand jury subpoenas seeking documents from Benjamin's campaign committee, paid staffers and consulting firms, three people familiar with the matter told the Times.

Prosecutors more recently began seeking records from the state Senate, where Benjamin previously served and represented Harlem prior to being selected for the lieutenant governor position by Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) after she became governor.

Benjamin has not been accused of wrongdoing, but Harlem real estate investor Gerald Migdol, who last year was charged with wire fraud, aggravated identity theft and other crimes, was accused of concocting a plan to misrepresent or conceal multiple illegal contributions to Benjamin's campaign, the newspaper reported.

This has the potential to be very bad news for Hochul. It probably won't cost her the election (there's still time to select a new Lieutenant Gubernatorial running mate for 2022), but it's an easy line of attack for Suozzi and for Zeldin in the general election.

If this has any affect it will be most felt downballot in state house and congressional races
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1322 on: March 28, 2022, 08:57:40 AM »

Not sure this is much of a game changer for the gov primary itsself, though I wonder whether the dude wasn't properly vetted? Perhaps it's a flaw in the system as lt. gov. doesn't need legislative confirmation. During such a process, issues like these may have surfaced earlier.

Anyways, I don't understand what Hochul thought he brings to the ticket. I feel like he just checked the "downstate" and "minority" box. A dude who can't even win a local primary perhaps isn't a very strong choice.

Since the optics are bad for Benjamin, he most likely has to withdraw, even if there's nothing to it (which we might not find out until after the June primary).
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1323 on: March 28, 2022, 09:16:40 AM »

We have a corruption apologist who can't even be bothered to support the Democratic nominee in her own hometown, a lockdown lunatic, a corporatist who will sell us out for a quick buck, and a Republican rapist in the primary.

Somehow De Blasio looks like the best choice.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1324 on: March 28, 2022, 02:00:05 PM »

Oh Kathy, didn't you or your team vet this guy properly? At least coming in fourth in that primary shows that he doesn't have that much support in NYC as well.

The question is whether we can expect any result here in the near future, whether there's substance to it or a nothingburger. I guess it would be better to drop Benjamin from the ticket or he withdraws. Wikipedia lists Assemblyman Ron Kim as "interested" in the position of lt. governor and I think he'd be a very solid pick. From New York City, a progressive and outspoken Cuomo-critic. And if diversity is important, he's Asian as well. As for the African American community, at least Tish James is running on the Democratic ticket for the de-facto second most important statewide office.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies