NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112264 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »

Rep. Tom Reed is filing a criminal complaint against Melissa DeRosa, as the nursing home scandal continues to blow up:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ny-rep-tom-reed-files-complaint-against-cuomo-aide-for-covid-19-nursing-home-cover-up?fbclid=IwAR1THlTHQr-MVVwLv-YO7-9v6a5pxFRSe_PGU10cGbsjHKJXZvOPCe5DwV0
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2021, 07:08:01 PM »

What do you guys think the margin will be after all this nursing home controversy?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »

What do you guys think the margin will be after all this nursing home controversy?

Cuomo probably wins the primary unless someone like AOC jumps in.

The Democratic nominee wins the general election unless there's a Republican tsunami.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2021, 07:42:28 PM »

I think Cuomo will get forced out - probably not a resignation, but the state party telling him that they'll unanimously endorse whoever runs against him out of Hochul or any mainstream Congressmember. He'll leave, probably escape prosecution, and be succeeded by Hochul.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2021, 07:44:49 PM »

I think Cuomo will get forced out - probably not a resignation, but the state party telling him that they'll unanimously endorse whoever runs against him out of Hochul or any mainstream Congressmember. He'll leave, probably escape prosecution, and be succeeded by Hochul.

You really think that Cuomo will be forced out by his own party? The party that he has ruled for years?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2021, 09:09:55 PM »

You really think that Cuomo will be forced out by his own party? The party that he has ruled for years?

I don't know how many politicians could survive a scandal like the one he's being hit with, and it's likely only due to his iron grip on the party that he'll get a respectable, quiet exit.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2021, 07:40:42 PM »

Cuomo allegedly threatens Assemblyman Ron Kim over nursing home scandal, "I can destroy you".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/cuomo-ron-kim-nursing-home/index.html

This is getting out of hand and Nick Langworthy is loving every second of it.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »

Is the -Gate suffix really necessary?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2021, 08:05:18 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2021, 08:13:37 PM by MAGugh »

Given the FBI investigation that just broke, yes. Perfect timing!

"The probe by the U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of New York is apparently in its early stages and is focusing on the work of some of the senior members of the governor's task force, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter who is not authorized to comment publicly."

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/cuomo-investigation-fbi-covid-nursing-homes-15957401.php?IPID=Times-Union-HP-CP-Spotlight
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2021, 09:44:01 PM »

Somebody high-up needs to sit Cuomo down (a-la Goldwater & Nixon) & tell him it's over: Idk if we're necessarily at "resign or you'll be impeached & convicted/removed" levels yet, but at the very least, he needs to be informed that he won't have the party's support in seeking a 4th term next year. If he chooses to step aside for the good of the party like David Paterson did for him once upon a time, then Kathy Hochul can be to him what he was to Paterson. If not, then Jumaane Williams or maybe even Tish James (if she thinks she can pull it off) needs to launch a primary challenge yesterday.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2021, 10:17:42 AM »

Somebody high-up needs to sit Cuomo down (a-la Goldwater & Nixon) & tell him it's over: Idk if we're necessarily at "resign or you'll be impeached & convicted/removed" levels yet, but at the very least, he needs to be informed that he won't have the party's support in seeking a 4th term next year. If he chooses to step aside for the good of the party like David Paterson did for him once upon a time, then Kathy Hochul can be to him what he was to Paterson. If not, then Jumaane Williams or maybe even Tish James (if she thinks she can pull it off) needs to launch a primary challenge yesterday.

I wish Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer would take this role. Their word matters as Biden is prez and de facto leader of the party, and Schumer is the most powerful Dem in NYS. And neither of them were previously known as Cuomo critics. If they abandon Cuomo, he's in trouble. Unfortunately, Mr. Cuomo's ego won't allow him to admit is failures and resign.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2021, 10:38:01 AM »

I wish Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer would take this role. Their word matters as Biden is prez and de facto leader of the party, and Schumer is the most powerful Dem in NYS. And neither of them were previously known as Cuomo critics. If they abandon Cuomo, he's in trouble. Unfortunately, Mr. Cuomo's ego won't allow him to admit is failures and resign.

Biden doing so would be yet another parallel to the Paterson situation, as it was Obama who was the Goldwater to Paterson's Nixon in terms of making it clear to him that the party was gonna be supporting Cuomo over him in 2010.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »

Biden doing so would be yet another parallel to the Paterson situation, as it was Obama who was the Goldwater to Paterson's Nixon in terms of making it clear to him that the party was gonna be supporting Cuomo over him in 2010.

The only major difference is that Paterson was just unpopular for some reason and didn't have a scandal of this magnitude. Even Spitzer's scandal was kind of a joke compared to Cuomo.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »

The only major difference is that Paterson was just unpopular for some reason and didn't have a scandal of this magnitude. Even Spitzer's scandal was kind of a joke compared to Cuomo.

Spitzer's scandal is routine GOP behavior to this day.

He only resigned because Fox News and Roger Stone spun it 24/7.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2021, 02:13:49 PM »

Screw it. Hillary for Governor.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2021, 02:40:39 PM »

Stefanik is going to be the next governor (next elected governor if Cuomo resigns) if she wants the job.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2021, 02:43:23 PM »

Stefanik is going to be the next governor (next elected governor if Cuomo resigns) if she wants the job.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2021, 02:57:55 PM »

I agree Uncle Joe and Chuck Schumer should step in and push Cuomo out. Or Hochul and James pull a Frank Underwood and get rid of Cuomo by working to impeach. I used to like him before, but he's grossly incompetent with Covid and an arrogant fool. I understand the pandemic is a difficult task nobody was really prepared and mistakes routinely happen when humans are involved, but the negligence and attitude Cuomo and some in his team are handling this is unacceptable. If he at least would acknowledge his mistakes and be transparent, he's just not doing it. If he were consequential, he'd resign from office.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2021, 03:05:33 PM »

I agree Uncle Joe and Chuck Schumer should step in and push Cuomo out. Or Hochul and James pull a Frank Underwood and get rid of Cuomo by working to impeach. I used to like him before, but he's grossly incompetent with Covid and an arrogant fool. I understand the pandemic is a difficult task nobody was really prepared and mistakes routinely happen when humans are involved, but the negligence and attitude Cuomo and some in his team are handling this is unacceptable. If he at least would acknowledge his mistakes and be transparent, he's just not doing it. If he were consequential, he'd resign from office.

I say this with the utmost fondness: welcome to the light side, President Johnson.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »

I remember early on saying that DeSantis would come out of this pandemic just fine and Cuomo would be destroyed and everyone laughed
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2021, 04:00:25 PM »

I don't think she'd even get within single digits of an indicted Cuomo.

Edit: Thats just my opinion though.
Duke of York

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2021, 04:51:37 PM »

Nope Hochul or James will be. I could see Stefanik being the nominee though.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »

Yeah, I doubt Stefanik would have a chance against any serious Democrat. New York is just too blue. Furthermore, I'm sure Hochul and/or James would improve in Upstate from Cuomo's 2018 performance.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »

Yeah, I doubt Stefanik would have a chance against any serious Democrat. New York is just too blue. Furthermore, I'm sure Hochul and/or James would improve in Upstate from Cuomo's 2018 performance.

A New York Republican has to run a Pataki 1994-1998-2002 campaign......they need to make inroads in the NYC suburbs.....they can, especially with police unions endorsing the NYGOP now...
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2021, 05:09:18 PM »

A New York Republican has to run a Pataki 1994-1998-2002 campaign......they need to make inroads in the NYC suburbs.....they can, especially with police unions endorsing the NYGOP now...

It's not the late 1990s anymore. It's like saying a Pete Wilson Republican can win California or Phil Bredesen type Democrat can get elected governor of Tennessee. Even in Republican wave elections like 2010 and 2014, they got blown out. And all the candidates they have to offer or who have a chance at the nomination don't have it to overcome the partisan lean and strength of the Democratic candidates. I just don't see it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies