I was in the belly of the beast yesterday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:26:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I was in the belly of the beast yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I was in the belly of the beast yesterday  (Read 870 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »

When I was driving back home, I decided to make a stop to hit as many Ingress portals as possible in whatever city it'd be easiest for. But the city this applied to I hadn't been to before...Waukesha, WI.

It felt dirty, but I decided my unique portal visit count was too important. My first stop though was a brief one in Brookfield...which surprised me in that it seemed to be just generic strip malls and fast food chain places. Nothing interesting, but nothing that jumped out as horrifyingly right wing, or frankly much different than D-leaning suburbs like Eagan, MN or various ones near Chicago. After a brief stop there and taking a few portals I headed out to the main target. So...I pulled off the interstate and stopped there and headed to the area around the library and city hall. As I browsed around the whole area I was surprised at how non-shockingly open right wing it was. I was expecting something akin to the inverse of the All Liberal All The Time culture you get flooded with stepping into Minneapolis. Still I could feel the non-liberalism and it felt yucky by the time I got out. Worst of all, I ran out of water, and was still thirsty, so I had to stop at a gas station and actually buy something there!

Oh the shocking thing, I found this there. HOW THE HELL IS THIS SOLD IN WAUKESHA COUNTY WHEN IT'S NOT EVEN SOLD IN MINNEAPOLIS.

It was alright, but not worth the almost $10 cost FYI.

Anyway after I got the portals and some restocking farm I headed out of there FAST. I breathed a huge sigh once I saw the sign entering Dane County, and felt purified and cleansed once I had returned to an actual progressive and human place, not a backwards land of Trump.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 06:08:43 PM »

When I was driving back home, I decided to make a stop to hit as many Ingress portals as possible in whatever city it'd be easiest for. But the city this applied to I hadn't been to before...Waukesha, WI.

It felt dirty, but I decided my unique portal visit count was too important. My first stop though was a brief one in Brookfield...which surprised me in that it seemed to be just generic strip malls and fast food chain places. Nothing interesting, but nothing that jumped out as horrifyingly right wing, or frankly much different than D-leaning suburbs like Eagan, MN or various ones near Chicago. After a brief stop there and taking a few portals I headed out to the main target. So...I pulled off the interstate and stopped there and headed to the area around the library and city hall. As I browsed around the whole area I was surprised at how non-shockingly open right wing it was. I was expecting something akin to the inverse of the All Liberal All The Time culture you get flooded with stepping into Minneapolis. Still I could feel the non-liberalism and it felt yucky by the time I got out. Worst of all, I ran out of water, and was still thirsty, so I had to stop at a gas station and actually buy something there!

Oh the shocking thing, I found this there. HOW THE HELL IS THIS SOLD IN WAUKESHA COUNTY WHEN IT'S NOT EVEN SOLD IN MINNEAPOLIS.

Anyway after I got the portals and some restocking farm I headed out of there FAST. I breathed a huge sigh once I saw the sign entering Dane County, and felt purified and cleansed once I had returned to an actual progressive and human place, not a backwards land of Trump.

What, may I ask, was so overtly non-liberal about the place?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »

Uh, WAUKESHA COUNTY, WI.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 06:54:13 PM »

It probably only has 3 Communist Party Meetup groups and only 15 pride parades each year.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 07:03:11 PM »

I thought this was about Washington, DC. That's what I call the belly of the beast.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 07:10:45 PM »

Come to Jackson county TN you might just pass out.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 07:29:45 PM »

Your "all liberal, all the time" ethic is bizarre and makes me cringe.

There are plenty of Republican areas I wouldn't mind living in, although most of them happen to be trending Democratic Tongue
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 07:43:49 PM »

He seems to have a unique disdain for conservative suburbs, so imagine his reaction to Williamson County.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 08:25:47 PM »

He seems to have a unique disdain for conservative suburbs, so imagine his reaction to Williamson County.

As a resident in a conservative suburban area, he would die of a massive intolerance related aneurysm when he sees the one guy down the road with a flag that is half confederate half MAGA.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 08:49:20 PM »

Ordinarily, I'd just consider this satire or trolling, but since it's BRTD I know that he's serious, so I'll just consider it some unusual mental health disorder.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 10:09:31 PM »

I plan to pass through that county on Jun 28 this year. I don't expect it to be much different than when I went through Trousdale TN last year.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »

As a resident in a conservative suburban area, he would die of a massive intolerance related aneurysm when he sees the one guy down the road with a flag that is half confederate half MAGA.

Basically same here
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 11:39:42 PM »

ingress! you haven't mentioned that in a while, I feel. what a throwback!
Yeah that's the whole reason I was in Chicago in the first place too.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 12:08:00 AM »

I plan to pass through that county on Jun 28 this year. I don't expect it to be much different than when I went through Trousdale TN last year.

you should totally meet up with me brah.

also yeah basically Trousdale. Maybe slightly less dense, but idk exactly.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 01:21:36 AM »

I once rented a car with a TN license plate, and since TN is a state that has the county names on it too I remember the county: Cumberland.

I was pissed off. Here I am driving a non-liberal car from a county Trump win by almost 60 points. What if people on the road who saw me think I voted for Trump?!
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 01:22:42 AM »

I once rented a car with a TN license plate, and since TN is a state that has the county names on it too I remember the county: Cumberland.

I was pissed off. Here I am driving a non-liberal car from a county Trump win by almost 60 points. What if people on the road who saw me think I voted for Trump?!

LOL you care too much about what other people think.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 07:12:55 AM »

you should totally meet up with me brah.

also yeah basically Trousdale. Maybe slightly less dense, but idk exactly.

I'll keep that in mind. I've met up with more than a dozen Atlas posters on my various travels. I'm taking some back roads from Owensboro to Knoxville that day, so I won't know my exact timing until closer to the date.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 08:13:22 AM »

And be strander there forever.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »

Yes, random people would all pause to think whether a driver of a random car voted for Trump.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2019, 09:30:52 AM »

BRTD, this county has college degrees and some money - it's the new liberal, get with the times.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2019, 10:10:12 AM »

BRTD, this county has college degrees and some money - it's the new liberal, get with the times.

Not really. Less than half the populace has one, compare the numbers to Madison or Evanston, IL for examples of other places I was that day.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »

Not really. Less than half the populace has one, compare the numbers to Madison or Evanston, IL for examples of other places I was that day.

So you'd feel more comfortable in a Black Belt county with about half this percentage of college degrees because it votes Democratic?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 10:47:46 AM »

So you'd feel more comfortable in a Black Belt county with about half this percentage of college degrees because it votes Democratic?
Yes.

What's good about Waukesha County anyway? Lots of chain fast food places you can find anywhere?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »

Yes.

What's good about Waukesha County anyway? Lots of chain fast food places you can find anywhere?

I have no special love for the WOW counties because they're Republican, and I would find it strange for you to have a fondness for a shltty area that votes Democratic.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »

disappointed, thought this would be about your trip to the vore convention
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies