Special election watch: Mississippi state Rep accused of punching wife over sex (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:02:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special election watch: Mississippi state Rep accused of punching wife over sex (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special election watch: Mississippi state Rep accused of punching wife over sex  (Read 1276 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: May 22, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »

In 19th century and even - first half of 20th, that, probably, would be considered as "nothing special")))))). I remember, that some southern women insisted to be called "Ms. John Smith" instead of "Jane Smith". Times change....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 10:34:03 AM »

In 19th century and even - first half of 20th, that, probably, would be considered as "nothing special")))))). I remember, that some southern women insisted to be called "Ms. John Smith" instead of "Jane Smith". Times change....

Are you implying it's okay that this scumbag punched his wife?

Absolutely not. I simply state the fact.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:11:57 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2019, 11:18:44 AM by smoltchanov »

Will he resign?

You are making up your facts which exonerate such a behaviour. That is sinister.

It was never "nothing special" in well-off families. Even if the police didn't intervene, the wives could and did leave their home.

And what you remember has no bearing on this. Using your husband's full name was not uncommon around the Western world until the 50s.

I never tried to exonerate anybody. As old Russian saying goes: "It's not a good idea to look for a black cat in the dark room. Especially if it's not there..". Don't try to say for me what i hadn't said. Almost everything is dependent on place and time. For example - in old 19-century Russia there was a proverb, usually quoted by women, which can be translated as "If he doesn't hit (or - beat) you - he doesn't love you". As bad as it is - it's historical fact... What was almost "normal" in one historical period may be atrocious in another.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 11:20:00 AM »

Not a word from him yet. Even the House Speaker has attempted to contact this guy but to no avail. He's running unopposed in November because of course. Surely there's someone else in this district willing to run

The write-in campaigns are seldom successful. So, voluntarily resignation remains the best hope...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies