Special election watch: Mississippi state Rep accused of punching wife over sex
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:04:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Special election watch: Mississippi state Rep accused of punching wife over sex
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special election watch: Mississippi state Rep accused of punching wife over sex  (Read 1244 times)
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »
« edited: May 22, 2019, 01:41:41 PM by swamiG »

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/444960-mississippi-state-gop-lawmaker-charged-with-domestic-violence

Shocking. Positively shocking. Just weeks after voting for the abortion ban too.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:37:21 PM »

I do NOT know what to say. Dude wanted sex so bad, he punched his own wife like that ? SMH.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:53:25 PM »

I’m just glad that his wife is away from him for now.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »

In 19th century and even - first half of 20th, that, probably, would be considered as "nothing special")))))). I remember, that some southern women insisted to be called "Ms. John Smith" instead of "Jane Smith". Times change....
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 08:23:52 AM »

In 19th century and even - first half of 20th, that, probably, would be considered as "nothing special")))))). I remember, that some southern women insisted to be called "Ms. John Smith" instead of "Jane Smith". Times change....

Are you implying it's okay that this scumbag punched his wife?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 10:34:03 AM »

Are you implying it's okay that this scumbag punched his wife?

Absolutely not. I simply state the fact.
Epaminondas

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2019, 11:10:07 AM by Epaminondas »

Will he resign?

You are making up your facts which exonerate such a behaviour. That is sinister.

It was never "nothing special" in well off families. Even if the police didn't intervene, the wives could and did leave their home.

And what you remember has no bearing on this. Using your husband's full name was not uncommon around the Western world until the 50s.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 11:11:57 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2019, 11:18:44 AM by smoltchanov »

Will he resign?

You are making up your facts which exonerate such a behaviour. That is sinister.

It was never "nothing special" in well-off families. Even if the police didn't intervene, the wives could and did leave their home.

And what you remember has no bearing on this. Using your husband's full name was not uncommon around the Western world until the 50s.

I never tried to exonerate anybody. As old Russian saying goes: "It's not a good idea to look for a black cat in the dark room. Especially if it's not there..". Don't try to say for me what i hadn't said. Almost everything is dependent on place and time. For example - in old 19-century Russia there was a proverb, usually quoted by women, which can be translated as "If he doesn't hit (or - beat) you - he doesn't love you". As bad as it is - it's historical fact... What was almost "normal" in one historical period may be atrocious in another.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »

Not a word from him yet. Even the House Speaker has attempted to contact this guy but to no avail. He's running unopposed in November because of course. Surely there's someone else in this district willing to run
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 11:20:00 AM »

Not a word from him yet. Even the House Speaker has attempted to contact this guy but to no avail. He's running unopposed in November because of course. Surely there's someone else in this district willing to run

The write-in campaigns are seldom successful. So, voluntarily resignation remains the best hope...
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 11:29:44 AM »

The write-in campaigns are seldom successful. So, voluntarily resignation remains the best hope...

Sadly, I think you're right. Speaking of which... "McLeod is not the first Mississippi lawmaker to be arrested this year. In January, Sen. Terry Burton, R-Newton, was arrested for a third DUI. And in September, police arrested Rep. Greg Snowden, R-Meridian, on suspicion of a DUI after he rear-ended another car and refused a breathalyzer. Although neither lawmaker resigned his seat, Burton, who had a stroke in January, stepped down as president pro tem of the Senate after his arrest and will not seek re-election. Snowden remains speaker pro tem in the House." - from https://mississippitoday.org/2019/05/21/gunn-calls-on-mcleod-to-resign-if-domestic-abuse-allegations-are-true/

I grew up in Alabama, where our unofficial state motto was "thank God for Mississippi." Their inebriated af politicians really live up to it lol
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 11:38:50 AM »

How derpy can you get?
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 11:47:40 AM »

Let's wait and see if he was a Stormfront user with over 10,000 posts, before we go any further.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »

The sick freak punched his own wife when she refused his sexual demands. Something tells me he's been raping her for years.

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »

The sick freak punched his own wife when she refused his sexual demands. Something tells me he's been raping her for years.

He's probably the sort who thinks it's not possible for a man to rape his wife because he's just "making use of what's his."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »

Another woman was at the home when McLeod’s wife ran up to her room, her face covered in blood. The woman shut the door and locked it with McLeod’s wife inside.

The other woman said McLeod banged on the door and threatened to kill her “(expletive) dog.”

Who was the other woman? Was something else going on?
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »

Another woman was at the home when McLeod’s wife ran up to her room, her face covered in blood. The woman shut the door and locked it with McLeod’s wife inside.

The other woman said McLeod banged on the door and threatened to kill her “(expletive) dog.”

Who was the other woman? Was something else going on?

The other woman was probably their daughter, because I read she was at the scene as well. The two apparently locked themselves into a room while McLeod angrily kept knocking on the door. Whether she also suffered a beating at his hands or was protecting her injured mother awaits to be seen
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 04:37:13 PM »

Why do I feel like there's going to be a movie or TV mini-series on this down the road ?
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »

UPDATE: McLeod found not guilty after his wife unexpectedly took to the stand and testified on his behalf stating he was “in a state of delirium” when one of his limbs, “probably his arm,” hit her face.

Smh this sounds a whole lot like the court sanctioned a case of Stockholm syndrome... plus it looks like the MS GOP didn’t reprimand him at all since then.

Full article from August 20th here: https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2019/08/20/state-rep-douglas-mcleod-body-cam-footage-shown-mississippi-lawmakers-domestic-violence-trial/2064205001/
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 06:07:47 PM »

I already knew which party it was, before even opening the thread. The party of family values and law and order.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 07:50:25 PM »

I already knew which party it was, before even opening the thread. The party of family values and law and order.

That’s right, so did I. Democratic men usually don’t have sex with women. And even if this was a democrat, it likely wouldn’t have been posted here.
Mississippi has had one known gay representative and it wasn't a Democrat. Second, after Larry Craig these sort of comments really don't hold water.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies