This is Bull****
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:22:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  This is Bull****
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: This is Bull****  (Read 7638 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »

One of the things that most interests me about America is that whilst it has more active christians then pretty much any other western country, and easily the most in the anglosphere, it is the only anglosphere country (and probably only country full stop) in which people say "Happy Holiday!" Instead of "Merry Christmas" Smiley

People still say "Merry Christmas." but the problem is that you don't know if someone is perhaps, say, Jewish.  So unless you know the religion of the person it is better to simply say "Happy Holidays."

I'm ethnically Jewish and I say Merry Christmas so people don't suspect that I'm Jewish.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2007, 11:22:24 PM by Snowguy716 »

Yet, up here in ULTRA LIBERAL!!!!! !1111 OMG DEMOCRAT PARTY Minnesota... we have Christmas wreathes and banners with the three wisemen and the Christmas star and the stable at our Christmas concert in the PUBLIC (OMG!!!111 DEMOCRAT PARTY) High school and we even sang SILENT NIGHT  !!!1111 and even sang the German version!!11111

And yet the guy that ran for judge in my judicial district made "bringing a Christian world view to the judicial system" his main platform for the primary(which caused the Republican party to endorse him in the primary, something unprecedented and not copied by the DFL)... he got 3rd place with about 15% of the vote in a 3 way race.  Then in a fit of fury, the district threw out the judge of 20 years and replaced him with his clerk, who ran on a platform of "the judge is a crooked son of a bitch.  We need someone that will interpret the law fairly, not an old crook or an overheated fundie with a twisted stick shoved up his ass".. And now the old judge is retired, where he belongs, the fundie is in a small, no doubt faltering church, where he belongs, and the clerk is handing out justice for all.

Let me put this all in simpler terms:

It is the right-wing nutjobs in this area that are storming school board meanings demanding that books be taken off the curriculum or that we have a dress code... not this "LIBRUL DEMOCRAT PARTY ACLU UNIONS ABORTIONISTS LEFT WING MEDIA" conspiracy that I get from so many reactionaries like you, Kevin.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 11:22:43 PM »

Yet, up here in ULTRA LIBERAL!!!!! !1111 OMG DEMOCRAT PARTY Minnesota... we have Christmas wreathes and banners with the three wisemen and the Christmas star and the stable at our Christmas concert in the PUBLIC (OMG!!!111 DEMOCRAT PARTY) High school and we even sang SILENT NIGHT  !!!1111 and even sang the German version!!11111

And yet the guy that ran for judge in my judicial district made "bringing a Christian world view to the judicial system" (which caused the Republican party to endorse him in the primary, something unprecedented and not copied by the DFL) got 3rd place with about 15% of the vote in a 3 way race.

Let me put this all in simpler terms:

It is the right-wing nutjobs in this area that are storming school board meanings demanding that books be taken off the curriculum or that we have a dress code... not this "LIBRUL DEMOCRAT PARTY ACLU UNIONS ABORTIONISTS HOMOINSURGENT GUERILLA SADDAMITE JEW FAGGER(a mixture of a n and f****t... Ann Coulter taught me that Smiley LEFT WING MEDIA" conspiracy that I get from so many reactionaries like you, Kevin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies