This is Bull****
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  This is Bull****
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: This is Bull****  (Read 7637 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2005, 11:13:03 PM »

Let me start by saying this is BULL****. My school has the Koran up on display along with a whole bunch of other Islamic religious materal in a huge display in the lobby of my school along with that they have played Islamic music on the moring annoucements too. I wouldn't have problem with this exept that during Hunnikah this year they did not have up a Manorah or any other Jewish Religious materal and during Christmas last year and must likey this year too they didn't have up a Christmas tree or other stuff that is associted With Christanty. What the hell is this all about?   
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 11:16:29 PM »

Way to go, Kevin!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 11:16:57 PM »

Is this part of some sort of "learn about Middle Eastern culture" thing, or is it a religious thing?  The latter is inappropriate.  The former is actually rather interesting.

I assume it is the latter, though, in which case, shameful.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 11:20:57 PM »

I was going to say something but I am afraid to because Im afraid to because they might slap something on my record saying Im a racist or something. 
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 11:21:25 PM »

Uh, why?  That's kind of weird.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 11:22:16 PM »

They are Ultra PC at my school.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 11:25:58 PM »

thats assinine. either you celebrate none, or you celebrate all (I would prefer all.)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 11:27:28 PM »

Why am I not surprised?  We are supposed to be oh so tolerant of a religion that condones terrorism and espouses hatred of all 'infidels,' but we should show no tolerance toward the religion of 90% of the American people.  This is typical leftist politically correct s&$t.  You should get your parents to raise holy hell about it.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 11:28:58 PM »

They saw the display and where very offended.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 11:31:25 PM »

Clearly all Christian displays would violate the Establishment Clause, whereas all others are permissible.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 11:33:12 PM »

Also A18 Im sure you wouldn't be too shocked to hear that the school I go to is in Loudoun County.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 11:36:36 PM »

One of the things that most interests me about America is that whilst it has more active christians then pretty much any other western country, and easily the most in the anglosphere, it is the only anglosphere country (and probably only country full stop) in which people say "Happy Holiday!" Instead of "Merry Christmas" Smiley
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 11:41:31 PM »

Political Correctness is destroying our country!
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 11:42:40 PM »

One of the things that most interests me about America is that whilst it has more active christians then pretty much any other western country, and easily the most in the anglosphere, it is the only anglosphere country (and probably only country full stop) in which people say "Happy Holiday!" Instead of "Merry Christmas" Smiley

People still say "Merry Christmas." but the problem is that you don't know if someone is perhaps, say, Jewish.  So unless you know the religion of the person it is better to simply say "Happy Holidays."
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 11:44:49 PM »

Political Correctness is destroying our country!

I agree completely.  It is a form of self-hatred, to say that we must show great respect for people who want to blow us up.  When are enough people going to wake up and become angry enough to demand a stop to it?  If the majority woke up and became engaged, we could throttle these politically correct assholes.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 11:45:51 PM »

Sure you're not overreacting just a little?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 11:45:57 PM »

I agree with you 100% Dazzleman!
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 11:53:27 PM »

I always knew you were a very smart guy. Tongue
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 01:47:14 AM »

Why am I not surprised?  We are supposed to be oh so tolerant of a religion that condones terrorism and espouses hatred of all 'infidels,' but we should show no tolerance toward the religion of 90% of the American people.  This is typical leftist politically correct s&$t.  You should get your parents to raise holy hell about it.

90%?  What faith is that, the almighty dollar?

About 76% of the US is Christian, not 90%. 

That said, allowing displays of one faith but not others seems completely inappropriate.  Looking at one school in the district  (the one that gave the most relevent detail when I searched the district for "Muslim", they do appear to have both Christian and Muslim clubs - but if they are favoring one over the other that is completely unacceptable.

Or we could do the leftist thing like Dazzleman suggests and ban all references to all religions, as all faiths have their extreme and violent elements (which usually subscribe to some idea like kill em all and let God sort them out or somesuch).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 01:54:33 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2005, 02:06:09 AM by Left of the Dial »

Why am I not surprised?  We are supposed to be oh so tolerant of a religion that condones terrorism and espouses hatred of all 'infidels,' but we should show no tolerance toward the religion of 90% of the American people.  This is typical leftist politically correct s&$t.  You should get your parents to raise holy hell about it.

LMAO.

I'm a leftist.

I'm PC.

And I'm sure you can figure out how I would stand on this if it were true with what I've said about Islam before.

Now the reason I said "if it were true" is because Kevin is not a real poster, he is a fake account probably made to parody John, except nowhere near as funny. See here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=21203.msg454175 or any of his other early threads.

Therefore I'm going to conclude that this is completely untrue.

Of course, it's not like Muslim-lover dazzleman has any room to talk:

I don't buy into the "all Muslims are bad" argument that has been advanced by some of the most liberal posters here.

Wow, he even admitted it's mostly leftists trashing Islam, and bashed the left for it!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 04:53:23 AM »

KEmp-I doubt anyone would be offended. If an aussie jew got offended, i'd just say to them that Australia is a country founded on Christian, British traditions, and whilst your presence here is welcome and embraced, as are your traditions, our traditions shall remain intact. Celebrate your own, we might celebrate with you; feel free to celebrate ours. Merry Christmas, and happy Hannukah.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 08:18:42 AM »

This sort of thing seems to happen in Britain all the time, 'Christmas' is a four letter word. In some inner city schools in they seem celebrate every religious festival under the sun apart from Christian ones. And it really pisses eceryone off, but still it goes on. The best thing to do is to take a stand against crazy educational or local authorities.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 08:47:17 AM »

This sort of thing seems to happen in Britain all the time, 'Christmas' is a four letter word. In some inner city schools in they seem celebrate every religious festival under the sun apart from Christian ones. And it really pisses eceryone off, but still it goes on. The best thing to do is to take a stand against crazy educational or local authorities.

Everyone knows Brits are heathens without God anyways. Tongue
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »

KEmp-I doubt anyone would be offended. If an aussie jew got offended, i'd just say to them that Australia is a country founded on Christian, British traditions, and whilst your presence here is welcome and embraced, as are your traditions, our traditions shall remain intact. Celebrate your own, we might celebrate with you; feel free to celebrate ours. Merry Christmas, and happy Hannukah.

I agree hughento.

Nobody should be offended by a greeting offered in a friendly spirit.  A few times, people have mistaken me for being Jewish, and offered friendly greeting related to Jewish holidays, and I have not been offended.  This idea of being offended by well-intentioned gestures has been fostered by vile political correctness and radical feminism, and I hate it.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 12:35:13 PM »

Nobody should be offended by a greeting offered in a friendly spirit.  A few times, people have mistaken me for being Jewish, and offered friendly greeting related to Jewish holidays, and I have not been offended.
Same here (being a Reese). I've been offered everything from free yarmulkes and money to food and dradles. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies