State of the Union Address
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State of the Union Address
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State of the Union Address  (Read 115 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:57:41 PM »

President Tmthforu94's State of the Union Address

President Tmthforu94 delivers the May 2019 State of the Union Address

Thank you. Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, members of Congress, my fellow Atlasians - over the last two months, activity and integrity in the executive branch has been restored. This game - our nation - is headed in the right direction again.

Today, we stand here with one voice - regardless of political affiliations -  united towards a common goal of working for The People and further strengthening Atlasia. I am honored to give a State of the Union address today, and hope this tradition continues in future administrations.

We started our administration three months into the year, yet no fiscal budget set. The Secretary of Internal Affairs worked hard with the Game Moderators and Domestic Policy Council to finalize a budget that reduced the deficit without additional tax increases. We have a strong template moving forward - discussions have already begun for the 2020 budget, and we will leave the next administration in a strong position to succeed, rather than the disaster we inherited.

Atlasians are working harder than ever before - our economy continues to improve with budget stability and improving relationships with China. We are continuing to promote economic growth, but also promoting an environment that people want to work in. A key domestic policy goal our administration will have this session is establishing federal requirements for companies with more than fifty people to provide paid time off. This will put us on par with other world leaders and provide needed support to our workers.

Throughout the upcoming session, we will continue to look at ways to further deregulate needless government restrictions. I am already partnering with members of Congress on this with legislation forthcoming. The GM team continues to work on the audit of the federal government as we eliminate excess waste. We are also working with regional leaders to support their handling of education. Last session, our administration crafted policies focused on veteran suicide. This session, we will be crafting policies to help combat the opioid epidemic, among other issues as they arise.

To add to domestic goals, I am working with the Secretary of Internal Affairs to strengthen our technology and response methods for combating natural disasters. This past week, I have had several meetings with FEMA officials as we prepare for hurricane season that starts on June 1. Space Council was “launched” in March and we have eager Atlasians ready to work to help Atlasia advance in the Space Race. I look forward to seeing what the council produces.

Our nation has entered a time of peace, and our administration quickly prioritized improving relations with China and strengthening partnerships around the world. In March, we took part in a historic summit in Singapore with China leaders. We have also made official visits to India, European nations and our friends in Australia.

Moving into the next session, we will continue meeting with world leaders to further strengthen alliances and trade. Notably, we will continue to advance our relationship with China - this contributes to our effort to help stabilize the world economy. We are currently having positive conversations with Eastern European countries - more will come from the Secretary of State soon.

Finally, I will discuss the metrics of the game. Congress only passed 7 bills last session, lower than the average since the reset. That isn’t acceptable, and in the upcoming session, cabinet officials, myself included, will be more hands on in helping pass quality legislation. Last session, my focus was on several big picture issues that were the cause of inaction by the previous administration. With these issues under control, I believe we will have a much more productive session in Congress, and I look forward to working with members from ALL sides.

Our administration has established the Executive Council with leaders of regional governments, and we will continue to work with regional executives to ensure the federal government is providing all of the support we can. We will also be working hard on Wiki this session. A top goal, which I have discussed with our National Archivist, is to bring our federal statue up-to-date post-reset. I thank all of those have donated their time to help with Wiki updates.

Early on in the administration, we made a commitment to keeping conversations positive and transparent on Discord. That is why we opened our Discord up to The People - anyone can join and participate! Still haven't joined? Click here!!!

I have worked very hard the last two months to do my best to serve you. There are a lot of moving parts while serving as president - it isn’t an easy job, and can be difficult to keep everything moving. But I have tried to push multiple angles of the game along, and I know that this game is headed in the right direction. It is my hope that we are creating a more welcoming Atlasia - where focus is on ideas and merits, not personal politics.

For those who stuck to the end reading this - thank you. For those who just read the bolded parts I emphasized, thank you as well. Smiley Members of Congress - it is time to get to work and keep serving The People. Our administration will continue to lead with activity, transparency and integrity.

Thank you. God Bless, and God Bless Atlasia!!

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies