HarrisX: Biden 46%, Sanders 14%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  HarrisX: Biden 46%, Sanders 14%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HarrisX: Biden 46%, Sanders 14%  (Read 2190 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
« edited: May 06, 2019, 02:22:38 PM by heatcharger »

Apologies for linking The Hill.

Biden 46% (+13)
Sanders 14% (-2)
Buttigieg 8% (+3)
Warren 7% (+1)
Harris 6% (+1)
O'Rourke 3% (-2)
Booker 3% (-)

Having two pollsters named Harris and HarrisX is quite confusing.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 02:25:45 PM »

Is this the best poll for Biden so far?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 02:28:07 PM »

Is this the best poll for Biden so far?

Yes.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »

JOSEPH!! The surge is real. Uncle Joe is crushing everyone else. Hopefully he can sustain his lead beyond the debates.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 02:31:41 PM »

How unprecedented would it be for Biden to lose at this point, given his position in the polls?

For reference, Biden is at +22.3 in the RCP average, as of right now.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »

Biden is most likely going to be the nominee his favorability and name recognition may indeed be all he needs to win in the Democratic primary. I don't think there is a gaffe, record examination, or bad debate big enough to get him out the race to the extinct many wished it would.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 02:42:06 PM »

I understand that Biden's consistency in the polls is distressing to some in the primary, but you're all going to be grateful for it come next year once the primaries are over quickly and Biden is coasting to an easy win.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »

I highly doubt this lead is anything close to sustainable. I'm pretty confident his lead is going to go down in the next month. The question is how much, which is hard to say. If he remains 10-15% ahead throughout the summer, then it'll be hard not to see him as the favorite, rather than the current frontrunner. I'm certainly not going to be "grateful" if Biden wins easily, though, since I could very easily since the general election being 2016 all over again.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »

I understand that Biden's consistency in the polls is distressing to some in the primary, but you're all going to be grateful for it come next year once the primaries are over quickly and Biden is coasting to an easy win.

He's not polling as well for the primary or general election as Hillary was.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »

Hillary was virtually unchallenged at this point in 2015 with Bernie having very little name recognition. Unlike this time, when 99% know him.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »

Hillary was virtually unchallenged at this point in 2015 with Bernie having very little name recognition. Unlike this time, when 99% know him.
If anything he's polling better than her considering the number of people in the race. Even Trump didn't reach this high in 2015.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 03:06:21 PM »

Yeah, he is also polling pretty well in the GE given the advantages Trump has as an incumbent.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 03:07:31 PM »

McCain was at 7% in one poll in December 2007. Kerry was probably something similar at that point. I found he was 9% in an Iowa poll. And that was with high name recognition.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 03:32:16 PM »

McCain was at 7% in one poll in December 2007. Kerry was probably something similar at that point. I found he was 9% in an Iowa poll. And that was with high name recognition.

there is a huge difference when you were the only other major primary candidate in the last election and garnered 42%, yet now you only poll at 14%.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 04:14:18 PM »

The lunatics on Youtube and Reddit believe that these polls are literally only polling people over 50. If progressives can't acknowledge the fundamentals that favor the establishment candidates then they can't defeat them.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 04:23:03 PM »

Biden's got this. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »

The lunatics on Youtube and Reddit believe that these polls are literally only polling people over 50. If progressives can't acknowledge the fundamentals that favor the establishment candidates then they can't defeat them.

Biden will win
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 05:07:41 PM »

Looks like Atlas was right and one major candidate is crashing and berning (sorry), just not the one they hoped predicted it would be.

I can empathize, know the feeling only too well. I thought Trump was going to flame out at some point after each contest in 2016 and that Kasich or Cruz or even Rubio(!) could still take him down. Eventually they’ll arrive at the same inevitable conclusion we did in 2016, just give them time and let them move the goalposts in the meantime.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 05:19:44 PM »

Apologies for linking The Hill.

Biden 46% (+13)
Sanders 14% (-2)
Buttigieg 8% (+3)
Warren 7% (+1)
Harris 6% (+1)
O'Rourke 3% (-2)
Booker 3% (-)

Also:
Gabbard 1%
Castro 1%
Gillibrand 1%
Bennet 1%
Delaney 1%
Ryan 1%
Yang 1%
Williamson 1%
Inslee 1%
Swalwell 1%
Klobuchar, Hickenlooper, Messam, Moulton, Gravel 0%
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 05:53:21 PM »

The debates will be Joes downfall.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »

Trump Derangement Syndrome 2: Biden Boogaloo
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 05:55:55 PM »

Looks like Atlas was right and one major candidate is crashing and berning (sorry), just not the one they hoped predicted it would be.

I can empathize, know the feeling only too well. I thought Trump was going to flame out at some point after each contest in 2016 and that Kasich or Cruz or even Rubio(!) could still take him down. Eventually they’ll arrive at the same inevitable conclusion we did in 2016, just give them time and let them move the goalposts in the meantime.

Are you twins with someone? Anyway, if Biden only gains more and more support after saying a series of stupid things, then we can call it a 2016 redux.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 07:50:00 PM »

No, but it seems that Republicans are a little more objective here than you guys. We’ve been through this before, and it was painful for many of us. Tongue

Anyway, if Biden only gains more and more support after saying a series of stupid things, then we can call it a 2016 redux.

Biden doesn’t even need to gain more and more support, and it’s far from a sure thing that he will (a) say a series of stupid things and (b) that even if he did, such comments would actually hurt him to the extent that he’d lose such a commanding lead.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »

No, but it seems that Republicans are a little more objective here than you guys. We’ve been through this before, and it was painful for many of us. Tongue

Republicans are not exactly objective, either. Most actively want Biden to win, even if they'd never actually support him over Trump.

Biden doesn’t even need to gain more and more support, and it’s far from a sure thing that he will (a) say a series of stupid things and (b) that even if he did, such comments would actually hurt him to the extent that he’d lose such a commanding lead.

I didn't say either was a sure thing, simply that he would need to say a series of stupid things and not lose any support for it to be a "Trump redux", as many Republicans are claiming it will be.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »

We're going to have two far-right wingers in the general. Wonderful.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies