What is Mike Schaefer’s political future?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:13:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What is Mike Schaefer’s political future?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is Mike Schaefer’s political future?  (Read 494 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:23:44 PM »

Mike Schaefer took California by storm and shocked the political establishment when he was elected to the Board of Equalization last year despite barely campaigning and running against a well-connected Republican. Could the octogenarian former slumlord take that same sheer strength and run for a higher office someday? I think he would be a solid candidate to replace Dianne Feinstein in 2024, since she’ll almost surely retire. He would also be a great choice for Senator if Harris is elected president or VP, and I think Newsom would be very likely to appoint him. Of course, he could also take it easy and just run for reelection, and maybe go for Governor or Lieutenant Governor in 2026 when his term expires.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »

Mike Schaefer took California by storm and shocked the political establishment when he was elected to the Board of Equalization last year despite barely campaigning and running against a well-connected Republican. Could the octogenarian former slumlord take that same sheer strength and run for a higher office someday? I think he would be a solid candidate to replace Dianne Feinstein in 2024, since she’ll almost surely retire. He would also be a great choice for Senator if Harris is elected president or VP, and I think Newsom would be very likely to appoint him. Of course, he could also take it easy and just run for reelection, and maybe go for Governor or Lieutenant Governor in 2026 when his term expires.

NO!

That is all.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 12:16:54 AM »

Good sarcasm))) But his election shows how eagerly anti-Republican California voters were last November. Obviously, under "normal" conditions he wouldn't have chances, but  it was "last November", when even serious and popular candidates could lose solely because of "R" letter after name (the best example for me is Catharine Baker, but there are many other)...
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 04:20:45 PM »

Both BOE candidates were trash-tier.

I voted for Schaefer, given the legislature stripped power from the BOE and Schaefer is so old he will probably die in office.

Joel Anderson is also a scumbag, and it was certainly very exciting seeing him lose. He was gearing up for a San Diego Board of Supervisors run in 2020.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »

Hell to the NO!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies