Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 93328 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 02, 2021, 11:28:17 AM »

Landslide Lyndon is a decent person who gets way too much hate, and I hope he returns.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »

I refuse to care about ‘political correctness’/‘cancel culture’ until people stop using them as an effort to distract from real issues.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:17:59 PM »

My two adult daughters disagree on the governor's fate. They say he should resign. I say let's wait for the investigation's report. Cuomo's daily press conferences  last year brought sanity to our lives. it was like having a therapy session. He calmed us and for that I am grateful. As the daughter of an Italian American father, I believe Cuomo's actions , from what has been reported, is not only a cultural divide, but generational.  Sorry, but I'll await the report and the context from which his actions and comments were taken
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »

This is semantics, but I’m not sure if I would call universal healthcare a "welfare program." To me, the goal of welfare programs is to lend a hand to the disadvantaged. I wouldn’t say the same about universal healthcare, since its goal is to ensure coverage for everyone regardless of economic status. In that regard, it’s more comparable to public education than programs such as SNAP.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 03:21:38 PM »

UHC stands for universal health care.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 03:36:21 PM »

Then why did you feel the need to clarify that you were referring to universal healthcare? I knew you were referring to universal healthcare; my post was a criticism of your assumption that universal healthcare is a welfare program.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies