Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:51:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 93281 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: February 26, 2021, 02:27:14 AM »

Most people would have a very hard time justifying their political views if they were actually put under heavy scrutiny, and this is true regardless of where one is on the political spectrum.

This is due to people picking political views of their personal feelings and beliefs instead of actual fact.

Imagine being delusional enough to believe that it's remotely possible to base all of your political views solely on "facts" without any input from 'personal beliefs or feelings'.

Where did I imply that? I definitely have some political positions which I base on beliefs. But if one really, really grilled me on this positions, I would have to admit at a certain point, there are at least partially based on my personal beliefs which I cannot prove.

But of course, many would deny this themselves.

Any normative statement must by its very nature be justified by something else beyond mere factual claims. You can't derive an ought from an is.

People who actually believe their politics are "just based on facts" are the most ignorant of all.
Saruku

« Reply #1351 on: February 27, 2021, 09:37:28 PM »

Anti-Americanism is absurd.

Don't let the other Five Eyes or the EU off the hook.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1352 on: March 02, 2021, 05:51:51 PM »

Chuck Todd is the greatest person in modern political commentary. People love to hate him, and the reason why is because he isn't a bland neoliberal puppet nor a wacko Twitter user with a 🌹 emoji in his username.
MoreThanPolitics
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.50, S: 2.62

P P
« Reply #1353 on: March 11, 2021, 05:44:31 AM »

Wade-Giles is so underrated nowadays
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1354 on: March 11, 2021, 05:54:11 AM »

Wo bu tong yi.
MoreThanPolitics
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.50, S: 2.62

P P
« Reply #1355 on: March 11, 2021, 06:01:59 AM »

You mean Wo pu t'ung-i
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1356 on: March 11, 2021, 10:34:51 PM »

Most people would have a very hard time justifying their political views if they were actually put under heavy scrutiny, and this is true regardless of where one is on the political spectrum.

This is due to people picking political views of their personal feelings and beliefs instead of actual fact.

Imagine being delusional enough to believe that it's remotely possible to base all of your political views solely on "facts" without any input from 'personal beliefs or feelings'.

Where did I imply that? I definitely have some political positions which I base on beliefs. But if one really, really grilled me on this positions, I would have to admit at a certain point, there are at least partially based on my personal beliefs which I cannot prove.

Any normative statement must by its very nature be justified by something else beyond mere factual claims. You can't derive an ought from an is.

People who actually believe their politics are "just based on facts" are the most ignorant of all.

Where did i deny this?
Saruku

« Reply #1357 on: March 12, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »

Criticizing communist states both for being "authoritarian" and for "recreating the capitalism they overthrew" makes little sense because the times where they were the farthest from a capitalist mode of production happen to coincide with the most violent/authoritarian times.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1358 on: March 12, 2021, 04:04:14 PM »

There is no non-selfish reason for supporting continued DST.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1359 on: March 22, 2021, 12:09:13 AM »

it's eye roll worthy when some people are like asian americans are under constant fear for their lives due to hate crimes because of covid in america, a whopping 51 people died from hate crimes in america in 2019, not just asian, all total hate crimes combined. you are over three times more likely to die choking yourself from pleasure masturbating than dying in a hate crime in america lol
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1360 on: March 22, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »

it's eye roll worthy when some people are like asian americans are under constant fear for their lives due to hate crimes because of covid in america, a whopping 51 people died from hate crimes in america in 2019, not just asian, all total hate crimes combined. you are over three times more likely to die choking yourself from pleasure masturbating than dying in a hate crime in america lol

...more than 150 people died from sexual asphyxiation in the USA in 2019? What the damn heck?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1361 on: March 22, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »

...more than 150 people died from sexual asphyxiation in the USA in 2019? What the damn heck?

SoCon Theocrat KD activated.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1362 on: March 22, 2021, 01:19:21 PM »

For my part, SoCon Theocrat BM is always activated.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1363 on: March 22, 2021, 01:19:56 PM »

For my part, SoCon Theocrat BM is always activated.

With Social Democratic Characteristics!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1364 on: March 22, 2021, 02:26:23 PM »

Except for me though. Right?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1365 on: March 22, 2021, 02:36:02 PM »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5055911/

very likely yes
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1366 on: March 23, 2021, 02:07:08 AM »

The US provoked Japan into attacking by embargoing a country that had done nothing to us. Before you get upset and start screaming that I'm a fascist, stop and think about one thing. How would the US respond if someone tried to cut off our oil supply? If you said anything different than "bomb them into dirt" I suggest you visit a proctologist because you seem to have your head stuck up your rectum.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1367 on: March 23, 2021, 04:14:22 AM »

The US provoked Japan into attacking by embargoing a country that had done nothing to us. Before you get upset and start screaming that I'm a fascist, stop and think about one thing. How would the US respond if someone tried to cut off our oil supply? If you said anything different than "bomb them into dirt" I suggest you visit a proctologist because you seem to have your head stuck up your rectum.

Maybe so but if a random ass country like brazil started committing atrocities on the scale of imperial japan in the present day, I would hope and see such a reaction as to Japan in the ww2 era as completely reasonable, and even commendable.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1368 on: March 23, 2021, 05:00:42 AM »

The scenario you’re talking about literally happened in 1973/4. The United States did not bomb Algeria, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, or Saudi Arabia into the dirt as a result.

Imperial Japan had no right to America’s oil; saying we “provoked” their attack by denying them it is absurd. This take is definitely in the correct thread.
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1369 on: March 23, 2021, 05:07:13 AM »

The scenario you’re talking about literally happened in 1973/4. The United States did not bomb Algeria, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, or Saudi Arabia into the dirt as a result.

Imperial Japan had no right to America’s oil; saying we “provoked” their attack by denying them it is absurd. This take is definitely in the correct thread.
Trying to destroy someone’s economy when they haven’t done anything to you literally is provoking them. America has no right to stick its nose in other nations business. Who died and made us the protectors of east Asia? Also there was a reason the oil embargo happened, we were funding their enemy. Ask Iraq what the US will do to secure oil supplies.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #1370 on: March 23, 2021, 09:12:56 AM »

Peanut Butter M&Ms > Reese's Pieces.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1371 on: March 23, 2021, 10:07:05 AM »

Is this really a hot, bad, &/or unpopular take?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1372 on: March 23, 2021, 09:29:14 PM »

Wealthy Minorities are more priviliaged than poor whites.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1373 on: March 25, 2021, 07:20:19 AM »

Usage of Genetic Human Enhancement Technology is definitely ethical if it can be shown to actually help the people affected, and to work as intended with the people applying the technology knowing what they are doing. Infact, not using such technology becomes unethical if such can be shown to be the case.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1374 on: March 25, 2021, 08:08:43 AM »

Calling for the death penalty to be used for any crimes less bad than murder should not be classified as political speech, but as hate speech, and should be punished as such wherever hate speech is punished.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies