Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:34:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 95728 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 13, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »

I can only speak for myself, but I care very very strongly about economic issues (far more than about most culture war issues) but find cultural issues easier to discuss because my academic and professional background is in the humanities rather than the social sciences. I'd imagine many other leftists on the forum are similar.

I think most people on this forum major social sciences, and analyzing election results and trends and discussing history and politics is pretty clearly social science, no? Conversely, on AAD we did have some good talks about taxation policy, economic history, banking and regulation, but both here and there, people just don't focus on these topics. I love talking about accounting, finance, economic history, and trade policy with posters like Ebsy and DFB, but if it's just us three then the conversations are pretty limited in length and ideological diversity. I can't remember what Ebsy studied but I know DFB studies economics and works with the financial sector, whereas I have gotten a specialized degree in accounting and corporate valuation, so that also limits the perspectives we bring. I know there are quite a few business-y people here but I cannot remember for my life if we have anyone in medicine or hard sciences.

There just aren't enough posters who study these topics to have really detailed and productive conversations. I don't really know how to solve this because this kind of forum just doesn't attract those kinds of people.

By the time I log onto Atlas, my brain has had a flood of Finance and Accounting and Economics for several hours straight, and it’s time for a break. Tongue

Building DCF models in Excel and writing a thesis on RIV valuation is just my morning warm up for the heavy lifting of reading about how lean manufacturing marries management accounting to the industrial engineering process in the afternoon, then debating taxes on Atlas after dinner!

You are WEAK, Tom!

Haha, I might feel differently if I were “contributing” my knowledge at work rather than relearning a lot of it at grad school.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1201 on: October 18, 2020, 12:56:34 AM »

Caithlin De Marrais is the greatest female vocalist of all time.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1202 on: October 18, 2020, 04:32:45 PM »

I hate chicken noodle soup, as I was eating it a few minutes ago I looked over at the can lid and thought id rather slit my wrists open than finish this shít
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1203 on: October 18, 2020, 06:10:30 PM »

Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours is a top 5 greatest rock album of all time
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1204 on: October 18, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »

Women prefer homeowners, not rent-forever losers.

A serious drawback for the STR for not being a homeowner is that they cannot pull slappers with the same ease as they once did when they owned their own house. The STRs did not forsee when they sold their property what impact it would have on their love life, and in particular the detrimental impact that this would have on the amount and quality of women they would get. Slappers prefer to go out with homeowners, not rent-forever losers.

As soon as a slapper discovers that the guy who's chatting them up is an STR, the slapper will turn around and run a mile and run off back home. Many STRs are finding it difficult to get any crumpet nowadays, because the STRs cannot use the chat-up line that they got a big house that belongs to them.

The lack of regular sn__ch is causing the STRs to suffer from p___y withdrawal symptoms, because of the lack of good quality b__ver, and missing the medicinal and therapeutic effects of being with the opposite sex. The dramatic loss of confidence and self-esteem amoungst the STR is causing many of them to become impotent and experience penile disfunction, which is seriously affecting their ability to perform. The STRs are very hesitant and reticent about trying to pull the slappers, because the STRs lack of confidence and feelings of inferiority is affecting their libido, which means that they cannot perform well in the bedroom.

The STRs are going through cold turkey and are being deprived of the necessary b__ver to keep them motivated, and as a consequence they are tossing and turning in bed late at night. The STRs are suffering from s3xual deprivation, and are finding it difficult to cope with the dramatic loss of s3x appeal, and find themselves talking a lot about s3x as a symptom of them not getting enough. The STRs are not getting enough nookie, and it shows in their wild mood swings and weird and freaky behaviour.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1205 on: October 18, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »

Women prefer homeowners, not rent-forever losers.

A serious drawback for the STR for not being a homeowner is that they cannot pull slappers with the same ease as they once did when they owned their own house. The STRs did not forsee when they sold their property what impact it would have on their love life, and in particular the detrimental impact that this would have on the amount and quality of women they would get. Slappers prefer to go out with homeowners, not rent-forever losers.

As soon as a slapper discovers that the guy who's chatting them up is an STR, the slapper will turn around and run a mile and run off back home. Many STRs are finding it difficult to get any crumpet nowadays, because the STRs cannot use the chat-up line that they got a big house that belongs to them.

The lack of regular sn__ch is causing the STRs to suffer from p___y withdrawal symptoms, because of the lack of good quality b__ver, and missing the medicinal and therapeutic effects of being with the opposite sex. The dramatic loss of confidence and self-esteem amoungst the STR is causing many of them to become impotent and experience penile disfunction, which is seriously affecting their ability to perform. The STRs are very hesitant and reticent about trying to pull the slappers, because the STRs lack of confidence and feelings of inferiority is affecting their libido, which means that they cannot perform well in the bedroom.

The STRs are going through cold turkey and are being deprived of the necessary b__ver to keep them motivated, and as a consequence they are tossing and turning in bed late at night. The STRs are suffering from s3xual deprivation, and are finding it difficult to cope with the dramatic loss of s3x appeal, and find themselves talking a lot about s3x as a symptom of them not getting enough. The STRs are not getting enough nookie, and it shows in their wild mood swings and weird and freaky behaviour.

That explains why every dude in New York is so uptight nowadays. No coochie does that to a mf
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1206 on: October 21, 2020, 05:17:35 PM »

Nuclear Take: I think that the only state the democratic nomination truly helped Thurmond win was Louisiana. I think Thurmond would have actually won Alabama, South Carolina, and Mississipi even as the "States Rights Democratic Party" candidate. Truman severely burned the one big bridge with those three states (civil rights) to the point that even as a third party, I genuinely think Thurmond would have won them anyways. Louisiana, however, yeah, that party nomination was vital to his win

Also on the subject of Thurmond: It really irks me to no end when every map on planet earth acts like he was only winning those four states ever. He had a serious shot of winning the party nomination in Arkansas and Georgia, and therefore would have won at least those two states, in a slightly better turn out or in a slightly more favorable alternate history for him.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #1207 on: October 31, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »

This year has made me a strong believer in the Strauss–Howe generational theory (aka. the Fourth Turning)
͘
RandomInternetUser
United States

« Reply #1208 on: October 31, 2020, 01:50:37 PM »

I'm probably living in the Golden age of the democratic order. I don't really want to know what the next 10-20 years bring.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1209 on: November 01, 2020, 02:07:34 PM »

Sea-shanties are good actually, and make excellent background noise while you're researching, revising etc.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1210 on: November 01, 2020, 03:57:49 PM »

Nuclear Take Alert

This one is a bit self-serving, but sometimes I think politics would make more sense if the party positions on abortion were flipped, or in other words at times I think being 'pro-life' is more consistent with being economically leftist and being 'pro-choice' is more consistent with being economically rightist.
I have mulled over this for some time, but in this specific moment I was inspired by comparisons with guns.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1211 on: November 01, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »

Nuclear Take Alert

This one is a bit self-serving, but sometimes I think politics would make more sense if the party positions on abortion were flipped, or in other words at times I think being 'pro-life' is more consistent with being economically leftist and being 'pro-choice' is more consistent with being economically rightist.
I have mulled over this for some time, but in this specific moment I was inspired by comparisons with guns.
https://youtu.be/dTEilGNDifI
Saruku

« Reply #1212 on: November 01, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »

It doesn't really matter if you personally oppose things like regime change wars/coups, sanctions, or the activities of the IMF and World Bank if your views on international affairs amount to anything less than complete rejection of the current world order because said world order can't exist without those things. You're still helping to perpetuate them.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1213 on: November 05, 2020, 12:08:23 PM »

Humans never react to facts; they react to how facts relate to their expectations.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1214 on: November 05, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »

Biden will win the 2020 presidential election comfortably AND the demographic trends in the result will be favourable to the Republicans' long term prospects.

Didn't get the margin right, but I will now accept my accolades.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1215 on: November 10, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »

(I've maybe said this before?)

If we ever do reach the point where ~trends~ of upscale voters and wealthy areas lurching toward the Democrats cause the national Democrats to be running with a truly economically right-of-center message (in the traditional sense of being pro-business, less redistributionist, etc.), the GOP will have effectively played 4D chess on them, and the joke will most certainly be on the left.

(This won't happen, though.)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1216 on: November 10, 2020, 01:31:32 PM »

Almost everyone argues in bad faith sometimes, because people in general are very stubborn and would rather continue to argue something that they know is wrong than to admit that someone else is right.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1217 on: November 11, 2020, 08:24:33 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2020, 08:28:13 AM by Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion »

John Roberts is actually one of the most powerful people in the United States, and it might be argued, the single most powerful one.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1218 on: November 11, 2020, 02:26:41 PM »

John Roberts is actually one of the most powerful people in the United States, and it might be argued, the single most powerful one.
The only possible contender? Jerome Powell.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1219 on: November 28, 2020, 12:40:38 AM »

Venture Brothers > Marvel Cinematic Universe.

And VB's cancellation was perhaps the worst aspect of 2020.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1220 on: November 28, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »

Venture Brothers > Marvel Cinematic Universe.

And VB's cancellation was perhaps the worst aspect of 2020.
I thought this thread was for hot takes not undisputed facts?
Saruku

« Reply #1221 on: November 29, 2020, 05:41:17 PM »

Anti-imperialist leftists (redundant, yes, but a necessary clarification on a forum like this) should approach modern Russia the way we might have approached Qing China. That is, understanding that while their government may be trash, they should still be supported against Western imperialism because their success would make things even worse for Russian workers (and workers worldwide, as well). If the West were to attain their goal of getting their subservient Russian neocolony of the 90s back, it would be a disaster.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1222 on: November 29, 2020, 06:26:49 PM »

Anti-imperialist leftists (redundant, yes, but a necessary clarification on a forum like this) should approach modern Russia the way we might have approached Qing China. That is, understanding that while their government may be trash, they should still be supported against Western imperialism because their success would make things even worse for Russian workers (and workers worldwide, as well). If the West were to attain their goal of getting their subservient Russian neocolony of the 90s back, it would be a disaster.
Yes leftist should stop the brutal, imperialist, and oligarchy West by supporting a government that is more of an embodiment of those traits then the western governments they are mad at 🙄
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1223 on: November 29, 2020, 06:32:35 PM »

lol
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1224 on: December 01, 2020, 05:04:08 AM »

White people are too fycking woke these days, I'd prefer moderate white ignorant racism to this bullsh**t.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies