Shooting At Synagogue in San Diego, Very Early Breaking Reports
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:49:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting At Synagogue in San Diego, Very Early Breaking Reports
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Shooting At Synagogue in San Diego, Very Early Breaking Reports  (Read 4078 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2019, 11:02:36 PM »

Can some posters here stop being disingenuous and focus on the events at least tangentially related to the shooting? Is it even possible for some of them?

God forbid the cultist, Faux News viewership hear anything negative (and truthful) about their Orange Deity.

HoneyBaby,
That was a comment directly related to the Faux News video, which dealt with the shooting.
So get back to me/us when you have something valid to post about the actual topic of the thread.

Last I checked, Trump never shot anyone in a synagogue, nor has he ever advocated shooting people on a synagogue.
Your unhealthy obsession with Trump isn't relevant to the actual topic of this thread.

SugarPlum,
No one here said anything remotely close to what you are posting. Nor was that in the video.
The basis of your argument is "fake."
Now please respect the topic of the thread.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2019, 11:12:14 PM »

For the love of christ both of you shut up
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2019, 11:23:55 PM »

Can some posters here stop being disingenuous and focus on the events at least tangentially related to the shooting? Is it even possible for some of them?

God forbid the cultist, Faux News viewership hear anything negative (and truthful) about their Orange Deity.

HoneyBaby,
That was a comment directly related to the Faux News video, which dealt with the shooting.
So get back to me/us when you have something valid to post about the actual topic of the thread.

Last I checked, Trump never shot anyone in a synagogue, nor has he ever advocated shooting people on a synagogue.
Your unhealthy obsession with Trump isn't relevant to the actual topic of this thread.

SugarPlum,
No one here said anything remotely close to what you are posting. Nor was that in the video.

Your post literally made it about Trump, which has nothing to do with the shooting.

Take your own advice, kid.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2019, 11:51:19 PM »

I mean so little of what people are responsible for is completely direct, I pin this partially on orange man because he and a lot of his friends are bad. Why can't we just own the orange man bad thing guys?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »

I mean so little of what people are responsible for is completely direct, I pin this partially on orange man because he and a lot of his friends are bad. Why can't we just own the orange man bad thing guys?

The 'selective bigot', the sort who hates only Jews, only blacks, only Asians, only Arabs, or only Hispanics is a rarity. Hatred for one group of people is easy to transfer to others.

Contrary to the myth that bigots offer, few people become bigots out of a logical process of examining one's experiences. Perhaps a prison environment might bring out bigotry through gangs who have 'race' as their binding factor, and among such gangs, white convicts are likely to see black convicts as scum, and vice-versa. Most criminal convicts are scum, so the only fault of such an observation of the 'other guys' as a menace is that most convicts still see themselves as "mommy's little angels" even if they are classic sociopaths.

It is best that our leaders promote inter-ethnic and interfaith brotherhood. At such President has failed even if one of his daughters has converted to Judaism. I'm not going to try to psychoanalyze him beyond saying that he is so shallow and intellectually primitive that he has no capacity for introspection. I question whether he can understand consequences outside of his limited range of intellectual and even economic interests.

I cannot see a meaningful difference between 'radical Islamic terrorists' and 'radical white-racist terrorists' except for their choices of victims. As a candidate, Trump used the term 'radical Islam' in an effort to establish the talking points of the 2016 election. (Radical Islam might be the solution to some vile regimes in the Islamic world for forcing economic reform and giving a chance to an Islamic version of democracy). Liberals unlike Trump recognized who the Bad Guys are or were in the Islamic world, but unlike Trump had no desire to dredge mass resentments among white people.     

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2019, 12:13:39 AM »

The accused shooter had eighty rounds, according to the PBS News Hour.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 04:47:38 AM »

Good article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/05/01/alleged-synagogue-shooter-was-churchgoer-who-articulated-christian-theology-prompting-tough-questions-evangelical-pastors/?utm_term=.462efa229848
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2019, 10:05:40 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2019, 10:16:47 AM by GP270watch »

No group has done more harm in the last thousand years to Jews than White Christians. Even the current Christian support of Israel is warped. Read up on why exactly many Christians in America want Israel to "succeed" and you'd be shocked. It's all part of a warped end of days, second coming, apocalyptic fantasy. Many American Christians don't care about Israel or Jewish people at all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2019, 11:29:14 AM »

No group has done more harm in the last thousand years to Jews than White Christians. Even the current Christian support of Israel is warped. Read up on why exactly many Christians in America want Israel to "succeed" and you'd be shocked. It's all part of a warped end of days, second coming, apocalyptic fantasy. Many American Christians don't care about Israel or Jewish people at all.
Roll Eyes
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »

So can we please stop reacting to constant attacks and instead start conducting defensive offense operations against these monsters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »

So can we please stop reacting to constant attacks and instead start conducting defensive offense operations against these monsters.
What are you gonna do about it Mr. Tough Guy? You gonna hunt some ‘Not-sees because of that Tarantino movie?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2019, 12:35:35 PM »

What are you gonna do about it Mr. Tough Guy? You gonna hunt some ‘Not-sees because of that Tarantino movie?
I’m hoping for the right people to be in charge so that we can finally apprehend these monsters. I’m tired of feeling anxiety every damn time I walk by my local synagogue, I might as well get some security back from watching the ATF incompetently blow the edgy notsees away.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »

I am satisfied with repudiating them. It is up to us all to say to any Nazi -- I would rather be a Jew than you!

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2019, 07:09:35 PM »

They don't actually care about us, just their idiotic fantasies about Jesus' return to the Jewish homeland. After that, we're back to being the ones who "betrayed" him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2019, 07:32:55 PM »

Roll Eyes

I don't know why you would roll your eyes at that. He specifically said "last thousand years," and I know you have a basic grasp of European history.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »

Roll Eyes

I don't know why you would roll your eyes at that. He specifically said "last thousand years," and I know you have a basic grasp of European history.
It's the attack on Evangelicals that bothers me. That is a really frustratingly tired stereotype that is more often than not employed as a cudgel.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »

Roll Eyes

It's the attack on Evangelicals that bothers me. That is a really frustratingly tired stereotype that is more often than not employed as a cudgel.

I never said Evangelicals, but you know the truth deep down, so you jumped the gun. And the reason I didn't say Evangelical is because there is awful anti-antisemitism in Roman Catholicism, Orthodox Catholicism, Protestantism(just read the filth Martin Luther the founder of Protestantism wrote about Jewish people) and yes "born again" Evangelicalism too. Robert Jeffress the man Trump selected to speak at the National Prayer Breakfast said "you can't be saved being a Jew". Just imagine if somebody on the left said this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »

Roll Eyes

I never said Evangelicals, but you know the truth deep down, so you jumped the gun. And the reason I didn't say Evangelical is because there is awful anti-antisemitism in Roman Catholicism, Orthodox Catholicism, Protestantism(just read the filth Martin Luther the founder of Protestantism wrote about Jewish people) and yes "born again" Evangelicalism too. Robert Jeffress the man Trump selected to speak at the National Prayer Breakfast said "you can't be saved being a Jew". Just imagine if somebody on the left said this.
Umm....what is so controversial about that? You can't be saved if you don't accept Christ as Lord and Messiah. You can't be saved if you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or agnostic. Or flying spaghetti monster.

That's like, you know, the core tenant of Christianity?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2019, 09:03:19 PM »

Roll Eyes

Umm....what is so controversial about that? You can't be saved if you don't accept Christ as Lord and Messiah. You can't be saved if you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or agnostic. Or flying spaghetti monster.

I think you're well aware that only certain right-wing Evangelical groups believe that, while most of the rest (including Catholics and even Mormons) believe that people of all faiths go to Heaven.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2019, 09:19:16 PM »

Roll Eyes

Tenet.

As I understand, Judaism recognizes that all good people will be saved, whatever they believed in before they died -- but they will be 'converts at the gate', accepting Judaism as the Truth. The evil will be out of sight and out of mind... 

This explains why Jews do not evangelize in a search for converts.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2019, 09:33:20 PM »

Roll Eyes

I think you're well aware that only certain right-wing Evangelical groups believe that, while most of the rest (including Catholics and even Mormons) believe that people of all faiths go to Heaven.
I don't have a dog in this fight as an agnostic, but I'm pretty sure he's actually right. That's what the bible says / heavily implies anyways. IMO, you either believe the book or you don't. This thing people do where they pick and choose which parts of the bible to ignore is nothibng but hubris IMO and disrespectful to God.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2019, 09:39:41 PM »

I never understood the claim that believing only those of a certain religion are saved makes one an intolerant person.  Notwithstanding the fact that one could even believe that and be a misotheist (thinking God is a tyrant), very few people who believe in hell like the fact that people go there under their worldview.   
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2019, 10:09:10 PM »

Roll Eyes

I don't have a dog in this fight as an agnostic, but I'm pretty sure he's actually right. That's what the bible says / heavily implies anyways. IMO, you either believe the book or you don't. This thing people do where they pick and choose which parts of the bible to ignore is nothibng but hubris IMO and disrespectful to God.

Well that's your opinion and Sanchez's, but regardless, the fact remains that a huge majority of Christians belong to denominations that explicitly believe non-Christians can and do go to Heaven.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2019, 10:32:29 PM »

Roll Eyes

This quote is the literal definition of irony
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2019, 01:00:07 PM »

HoneyBaby,

SugarPlum,

HoneyBabe?

SugarPlum?

If I used that to respond to a female poster, I'd be excoriated as a sexist.  And you'd be leading the charge with a massive "DISGUSTING!". 

I'm willing to bet that there will be a whole slew of Echo Chamber Dwellers ready to attack me for pointing this out, even though they would never let this pass if I were to do this.  (I have the self-control not to.  I'll pat myself on the back for that, at least.)

The idea that violence such as this is all due to Trump is, of course, nonsense, but some folks will keep rolling with this no matter what.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies