Trump '19 v. Dubya '03: who is/was in better shape for re-election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump '19 v. Dubya '03: who is/was in better shape for re-election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump '19 v. Dubya '03: who is/was in better shape for re-election?  (Read 3210 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« on: April 25, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »
« edited: April 25, 2019, 09:27:27 PM by SN2903 »

Bush because the country was at war in 03 and there was a rally around the flag effect...but Trump is more popular than most of the dem hacks on Atlas seem to think. Half of the country roughly supports him. Similar to Nixon Trump has been able to get voters in the middle turned off by the far left/America hater crowd. The economy is pretty damn strong right now.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »

Trump. Outside of his Twitter crap, he's not really having an effect on your average Joe's Daily life. I think the average perception of America, from an economic standpoint (which, at the end of the day, is what matters) is that things are good and getting better.

Bush in 2003 was preparing to send us into a war. He was much more direct and lines were being drawn. Kerry's weakness and the Presidency incumbency + Being a wartime President saved him. The War in Iraq, while not as unpopular as later, was on everyone's minds at this point in 2003.

This
I agree with a previous poster that Trump is on an upward trajectory. I think he will get more popular in 2020 than he is now and if he wins in 2020 which I think he will he will end up getting into the 50s in approval for his 2nd term on average. Bush was on a downward trajectory in approval in 03 04 cause of Iraq.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies