Trump '19 v. Dubya '03: who is/was in better shape for re-election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump '19 v. Dubya '03: who is/was in better shape for re-election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump '19 v. Dubya '03: who is/was in better shape for re-election?  (Read 3225 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 26, 2019, 12:14:40 AM »

Dubya. The wars Iraq and Afghanistan produced a rally around the incumbent effect in many parts of the country.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 10:54:51 PM »

Not really lolworthy. Trump outperformed and still held in the 40's, and if some 45,000 votes went differently [or 110,000 votes...similar to Bush's Ohio margin], he'd probably have stayed flat to the end.

In other words, Bush needed to do more to get through, but also could afford to lose more things too...whereas Trump was always a careful balance.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »

Not really lolworthy. Trump outperformed and still held in the 40's, and if some 45,000 votes went differently [or 110,000 votes...similar to Bush's Ohio margin], he'd probably have stayed flat to the end.

In other words, Bush needed to do more to get through, but also could afford to lose more things too...whereas Trump was always a careful balance.

Except..  Bush actually won reelection, and Trump didn't--thus Bush was clearly in a better position to win.

I could add that the College was against him, whereas Trump had quite the reserve.

Oh and ftr, I believe I said Bush had the advantage, only that I could see the arguments on the other side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies