Midwestern Birthday Cake and Legalization of Prostitution State Vote Proposition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:45:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwestern Birthday Cake and Legalization of Prostitution State Vote Proposition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Midwestern Birthday Cake and Legalization of Prostitution State Vote Proposition  (Read 752 times)
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2005, 06:00:52 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2005, 07:47:39 PM by Senator DanielX »

Just for laughs.....

1. Two months from the passage of this proposition, Each and Every State in the Midwestern Region shall hold a vote on the following items:
-"Should [insert state name here] have legal prostitution"? (Yes/No)"
-"Should Every Resident of [insert state name here] receive an additional birthday cake, in addition to their present regional birthday cake? (Yes/No)"

2. If a majority of voters in the state vote 'yes', then the following shall apply....
 for the Birthday Cake State Proposition:
 -Every citizen of the state shall, on their birthday, receive an 8" diameter, 4" high frosted cake of their favorite flavor, with 'Happy Birthday, [insert name of citizen here]' written on the cake in icing.
 for the Prostitution State Proposition:
 -The following shall become statewide statute:

"PROSTITUTION REGULATIONS
Section 1: Prostitution shall be legalized in the state of [insert state name here], save where specifically prohibited by  municipal law.

Section 2: All prostitutes must be over the age of 21 and must sign a legal statement that their actions are voluntary.

Section 3: Prostitutes are forbidden to have customers under the age of 18. This shall be a misdemeanor offense if it does not otherwise violate local statuatory rape laws, punishable by a $1000 fine levied on the prostitute; repeat offenses shall have the prostitute banned from the practice.

Section 4: The State of [insert state name here], as well as municipal governments, shall have the right to regulate the prostitution industry, including for health and safety purposes. Such regulations may include, but are not limited to:
    - Requiring use of a registered business location, as opposed to 'street work'
    - Requiring mandatory drug and venereal disease tests.
    - Mandating use of contraceptive devices during business activities;
    - Implementing limits on prostitution stricter then those specified in Sections 1 to 3 of this act.

Section 5: Where no state or local regulations exist as per Section 4, the following regulations shall be followed:
    - Female prostitutes engaging in sexual intercourse with a male customer will be required to either use pregnency-prevention contraceptives (including birth control, a condom, or a diaphragm) or sign a legal document beforehand waiving the right to seek child support from the customer.
    - All prostitutes shall be required to utilize condoms during any sexual activity, unless both the customer and the prostitute sign a legal statement waiving any right to legal action if a venereal disease is transmitted through the act.
    - Prostitutes shall be required to obtain testing for venereal diseases, including HIV, once a month. If a disease is detected, the prostitute is forbidden from seeing further customers, unless the customer beforehand signs a legal statement which details in 20 point font or greater that the customer understands the particular STD the prostitute has or has had in the past and waives legal responsibility in case the disease spreads to the customer.

Section 6: The goverment of the state of [insert state name here], as well as municipal governments, shall have the right to tax
the services given by the prostitution industry. "

(I just re-worked my Re-Prostitution Proposition for this).
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:40:46 PM »

Okay, I am completely serious. Well... I did just throw the birthday cake part in as a pathetic attempt to get the AMRLP to approve this, but what the heck... Tongue.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 06:07:37 PM »

Yo, anyone want to sign this? Seriously? BRTD even?
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »

Yo, Daniel, give it up Wink  Prostitution will never be legal in the Midwest Tongue

None of us care about prostitution, we’re too busy thinking about smilies (Smiley Sad Cheesy Cry Grin Wink Tongue) youth rights (well, I am Tongue) and tornados (Wink)
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 06:29:39 PM »

Yo, Daniel, give it up Wink  Prostitution will never be legal in the Midwest Tongue

We're abolishing the public school system, and nobody wants to do something as relatively minor as allowing money to change hands during sex?

I guess us midwesterners are prudes Tongue.

Why can't I at least try to get prostitution legal in Wyoming for goodness' sake? I'd do it but there's no such thing as a state government (and of course, as long as Everett lives here, she'd control half of Wyoming Tongue). Can't there be state votes on this? Frex, the prudes in Iowa (no insult intended, PBRunsel) can ban it, while the half-prude/half-nutzo-indie Minnesotans can have prostitution only in carefully regulated red light districts, and Wyoming can become a sin state with prostitution legal everywhere except certain residential and high-zoot commercial areas.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 06:40:59 PM »

We aren’t abolishing the Public Schools, that’s the point, we’re all too moderate to do anything extreme! Wink

If everyone votes except for Clay, Fritz and Gustaf, (who haven’t been around much,) then I figure the Abolishing of Public schools will lose 4-6-1, the vouchers might lose 5-5-1 (worse case scenario) and prostitution-birthday cake will lose 3-7-1.  As for the Anti-Child Discrimination, not enough Midwesterners have replied, so I don’t know if anyone supports it at all.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:52:02 PM »

I am going to abide by my statement and block all attempts at legalising prostitution in the Midwest.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 07:36:57 PM »

I'm going to revise it:
 Midwestern Birthday Cake, Legalization of Prostitution State Vote, and Lots of Smileys Proposition

1. Two months from the passage of this proposition, Each and Every State in the Midwestern Region shall hold a vote on the following items:
-"Should [insert state name here] have legal prostitution"? (Yes/No)"
-"Should Every Resident of [insert state name here] receive an additional birthday cake, in addition to their present regional birthday cake? (Yes/No)"

2. If a majority of voters in the state vote 'yes', then the following shall apply....
 for the Birthday Cake State Proposition:
 -Every citizen of the state shall, on their birthday, receive an 8" diameter, 4" high frosted cake of their favorite flavor, with 'Happy Birthday, [insert name of citizen here]' written on the cake in icing.
 for the Prostitution State Proposition:
 -The following shall become statewide statute:

"PROSTITUTION REGULATIONS
Section 1: Prostitution shall be legalized in the state of [insert state name here], save where specifically prohibited by  municipal law.

Section 2: All prostitutes must be over the age of 21 and must sign a legal statement that their actions are voluntary.

Section 3: Prostitutes are forbidden to have customers under the age of 18. This shall be a misdemeanor offense if it does not otherwise violate local statuatory rape laws, punishable by a $1000 fine levied on the prostitute; repeat offenses shall have the prostitute banned from the practice.

Section 4: The State of [insert state name here], as well as municipal governments, shall have the right to regulate the prostitution industry, including for health and safety purposes. Such regulations may include, but are not limited to:
    - Requiring use of a registered business location, as opposed to 'street work'
    - Requiring mandatory drug and venereal disease tests.
    - Mandating use of contraceptive devices during business activities;
    - Implementing limits on prostitution stricter then those specified in Sections 1 to 3 of this act.

Section 5: Where no state or local regulations exist as per Section 4, the following regulations shall be followed:
    - Female prostitutes engaging in sexual intercourse with a male customer will be required to either use pregnency-prevention contraceptives (including birth control, a condom, or a diaphragm) or sign a legal document beforehand waiving the right to seek child support from the customer.
    - All prostitutes shall be required to utilize condoms during any sexual activity, unless both the customer and the prostitute sign a legal statement waiving any right to legal action if a venereal disease is transmitted through the act.
    - Prostitutes shall be required to obtain testing for venereal diseases, including HIV, once a month. If a disease is detected, the prostitute is forbidden from seeing further customers, unless the customer beforehand signs a legal statement which details in 20 point font or greater that the customer understands the particular STD the prostitute has or has had in the past and waives legal responsibility in case the disease spreads to the customer.

Section 6: The goverment of the state of [insert state name here], as well as municipal governments, shall have the right to tax
the services given by the prostitution industry."

3. Smileys shall be the official online char-based method of emotional communication in the Midwest. Tongue Cheesy Smiley Sad Cool Wink Shocked
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 11:23:46 PM »

I'll sign.

x BRTD
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 11:24:36 PM »

I'd like to add something.

Patrons of prostitutes must be required to wear "Emo" labels year-round.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 12:06:53 AM »

Uh... Prostitution's like 10,000 years older then emo. If anything, emo folks should wear 'prostitute' labels year-round Cheesy.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 06:55:25 AM »

Uh... Prostitution's like 10,000 years older then emo. If anything, emo folks should wear 'prostitute' labels year-round Cheesy.
Put that in and I'll sign it.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 08:29:55 AM »

Put that in and I'll sign it.

Because he's Libertarian I doubt he'd want to force people to wear things, but then again he just might be desperate enough for signatures to do it Tongue
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 01:07:43 PM »

This time, I plan on giving away IBM PCs to every Midwestern citizen, if this initiative is passed:

I'll even throw in PC-DOS 2.0 and Lotus 1-2-3 1.0 with them.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 02:42:37 PM »

So, how many times has the midwest had prostitution initiatives?

Preventive Strike:
About as many as the Southeast has had abortion initiatives.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »

Yo, anyone want to sign this? Seriously? BRTD even?

x Speed Of Sound
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »

Not for sure, but I think this is either 5 or 6.

P.S. I’m going to start a “Failed Legislation” section on the afewiki on the Midwest Law page.  If anyone wants to help, feel welcome to.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 06:47:46 PM »

Not for sure, but I think this is either 5 or 6.

P.S. I’m going to start a “Failed Legislation” section on the afewiki on the Midwest Law page.  If anyone wants to help, feel welcome to.

I think this is the 4th that I have proposed (6 if you count rough drafts that I later revised - for instance, dropping a provision that would have allowed 16 year olds to visit prostitutes with parental consent Cheesy). 2 got on the ballot and were rejected, the third only got 2 signatures back when 3 were required.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 01:50:59 PM »

Having met the constitutional requirements, this proposition shall appear on the December ballot.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 03:58:03 PM »

Having met the constitutional requirements, this proposition shall appear on the December ballot.

Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 08:54:10 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies