Illhan Omar Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 04:57:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Illhan Omar Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Illhan Omar Megathread  (Read 11239 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »

Didn’t every single Justice Dem/JD backed candidate in remotely competitive GE races lose in 2018?

Their endorsed incumbent congressmen + safe D primary winners like Pressley and AOC were their only successes iirc.

That is correct, though the sample size is a bit small. They nominated candidates for 2 competitive races, NE-02 and CA-50, both of which were GOP holds.

Viva la revolución
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2019, 04:02:01 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2019, 04:37:01 PM by NYGurl »

She implied that US soldiers committed a terrorist attack in that tweet, so yes that is a clear attack on our troops.

Where are you reading that she "implied that US soldiers committed a terrorist attack?"
Are you f**king nuts?
There is no "clear attack on our troops" in her tweet.

Why are you doing this?
For some reason, on your posts specifically about Omar, you go-off-on-the-deep-end with your opinions.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2019, 04:07:28 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2019, 04:37:31 PM by NYGurl »

She implied that US soldiers committed a terrorist attack in that tweet, so yes that is a clear attack on our troops.

Where are you reading that she "implied that US soldiers committed a terrorist attack?"
Are you f**king nuts?

Why are you doing this?
For some reason, on your posts specifically about Omar, you go-off-on-the-deep-end with your opinions.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2019, 04:08:59 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2019, 04:25:10 PM by Old School Republican »

Are you f**king nuts?

Why are you doing this?
For some reason, on your posts specifically about Omar, you go-off-on-the-deep-end with your opinions. I mean your posts read like something found on Breitbart or StormFront forums.

Look at the tweets she was responding too.

If she wasnt impyling then admit the fact that she is one of the 3-5 dumbest members of congress. BTW I dislike Corbyn more than Omar and just find Omar to be Corbyn Lite, even these comments seem like something Corbyn would say
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2019, 04:20:04 PM »

There is literally NOTHING WRONG with her comment. The dude she replied to was high-key ignoring the civilian loss of life during the Mogadishu operation. If you get offended when people point out civilian casualties from American military operations, then you must be absolutely butthurt when people tell you that over 1 million Iraqis died as a result of the 2003 invasion and subsequent American occupation. Save the faux outrage and hand-wringing for another time.

Agree.

On the other hand: Omar's comment was off regarding the number of deaths (in the article, it says that somewhere around 500 to 1000 Somali deaths). She used "thousands," so she is more than likely wrong (if she is talking about just the one, Black-Hawk-Down incident).
It could be (as you are saying) that Omar is just trying to bring some recognition as to the entire death toll of many civilians (many thousands) during the overall US/UN/Int'l operation in Somalia at that time.

But if the majority of Somalis that died in this specific incident were those attacking US soldiers, then of course we cant treat them as just innocent civilians. Our troops had to defend themselves in this operation.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2019, 04:38:02 PM by NYGurl »

Are you f**king nuts?

Why are you doing this?

My comment was not meant for you.
Go away.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »

Are you f**king nuts?

Why are you doing this?
For some reason, on your posts specifically about Omar, you go-off-on-the-deep-end with your opinions. I mean your posts read like something found on Breitbart or StormFront forums.

Look at the tweets she was responding too.

If she wasnt impyling then admit the fact that she is one of the 3-5 dumbest members of congress. BTW I dislike Corbyn more than Omar and just fine Omar to be Corbyn Lite, even these comments seem like something Corbyn would say

I'm not saying she is completely innocent in everything she does and says.
"I admit" that there are issues with her.
But this "mole hill" story is being blown-up to be Mount Everest.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »

I’m not going to pretend that Omar isn’t an anti-American, anti-Jewish piece of trash who shouldn’t have been allowed here in the first place, but she’s not wrong about the broader context. We never had any business there then, we don’t now, and the result of the Battle of Mogadishu proved that at great cost.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35:46 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2019, 04:39:00 PM by NYGurl »

Are you f**king nuts?

Why are you doing this?

Go away.

Don't you know the mods hate when you attack minorities?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2019, 04:38:14 PM »

The Daily Caller (the Daily Liar) is a right-wing propaganda site.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »

This thread is awful. You people are deranged. The point is that if do humanitarian things,they have to be humanitarian. That's what made me turn on Iraq.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »

Whatever may be the case here, it is fairly certain that reoccurring concerns do not merit repeated threads. I am asking all those who agree to ping the mods to move this, and other valuable debates on the Justice Democrats, to the new discussion thread where it is the most appropriate.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »

This thread is awful. You people are deranged. The point is that if do humanitarian things,they have to be humanitarian. That's what made me turn on Iraq.
Every thread about her is going to turn into a dumpster fire, And if i try to do anything about it i'll just be sh**t on by half the posters.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »

Whatever may be the case here, it is fairly certain that reoccurring concerns do not merit repeated threads. I am asking all those who agree to ping the mods to move this, and other valuable debates on the Justice Democrats, to the new discussion thread where it is the most appropriate.

I would be fine with that if the threads on terrible comments made by random Republican member of a  state legislatures get merged to one thread as well.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2019, 04:58:40 PM »

Are you f**king nuts?

Why are you doing this?

Go away.

no u
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2019, 05:00:13 PM »

Maybe a thread about unpopular opinions held amongst leaders in the hard to far left? Same for the hard and far right?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2019, 05:01:56 PM »

Maybe a thread about unpopular opinions held amongst leaders in the hard to far left? Same for the hard and far right?

As if any of you actually want a stop to ProudModerate2, Landslide Lyndon or some other hack spamming us with stories of obscure Republicans saying crazy shlt so you can all use the stories to reinforce your perception of being a Democrat?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »

As if any of you actually want a stop to ProudModerate2, Landslide Lyndon or some other hack spamming us with stories of obscure Republicans saying crazy shlt so you can all use the stories to reinforce your perception of being a Democrat?
We have plenty of dumb ass tweets.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:44 PM »

Is Aaron Sorkin writing a comic book now?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »

I have no problem with (the number of) threads or discussion.
All I am saying is that they need to have more substance and facts behind them.
The vast majority of threads I create are found from major news outlets, and not these unknown, tiny, psycho-right-or-left websites (This one is from The DailyCaller.com).
Now if this story was presented as more of something funny/comical, then fine, who cares where it comes from. But that's not the case here.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

Every thread about her is going to turn into a dumpster fire, And if i try to do anything about it i'll just be sh**t on by half the posters.

We hear you.
I think you do an excellent job NYGurl. Don't be discouraged.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

I have no problem with (the number of) threads or discussion.
All I am saying is that they need to have more substance and facts behind them.
The vast majority of threads I create are found from major news outlets, and not these unknown, tiny, psycho-right-or-left websites (This one is from The DailyCaller.com).
Now if this story was presented as more of something funny/comical, then fine, who cares where it comes from. But that's not the case here.
Due to the sheer amount of threads, often by a select few congresspersons, I felt it was necessary. Perhaps it should be person based then, it’s not like we don’t already have a buried AOC discussion thread. I’ll go about in changing my recently created thread into an Illhan Discussion.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »

So as to make more sense and not smother out valuable discussion by other caucus members, I have made this thread exclusively about Representative Omar. The same stuff still applies though.

I believe there is a buried AOC discussion thread if anyone wants to resurrect it. Seems like the mods are too busy to conduct their official duties to move things to the right place for the benefit of all posters.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »

“In his selective memory, he forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan,” Omar wrote in a tweet in October 2017, uncovered Monday by John Rossomando of the Investigative Project on Terrorism.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/22/omar-attacks-soldiers-who-died-in-somalia/?fbclid=IwAR2Qoo5cnZ24M4y3fO1algIfXbP3YzmgzFJIJ6LspEvGMJHJJwWlsjAX31Q

From your fine article,

Omar was responding to another tweet about the Battle of Mogadishu, a 1993 humanitarian operation by the U.S. military that sought to save starving Somalis by preventing food and aid from being captured by enemy combatants.The battle ultimately took the lives of 19 American soldiers and wounded 73 others, and it became the subject of the famous Hollywood movie “Black Hawk Down.”

From Wikipedia
The initial U.S. Joint Special Operations force, Task Force Ranger, was a collaboration of various elite special forces units from Army Special Operations Command, Air Force Special Operations Command and Navy Special Warfare Command; it consisted mostly of members from the 75th Ranger Regiment and Delta Force. Task Force Ranger was dispatched to seize two of Aidid's high-echelon lieutenants during a meeting in the city. The goal of the operation was achieved, though conditions spiraled into the deadly Battle of Mogadishu. The initial operation of 3 October 1993, intended to last an hour, became an overnight standoff and rescue operation extending into the daylight hours of 4 October.

Please have enough respect to not source things from the Daily Caller.

This is one of the dumbest comparisons Ive ever seen, and that's saying something considering its coming from Mr. Orange Man Bad himself

The battle of Mogadishu was part of the second UN intervention in Somalia, and its purpose was to try to clear out the Somali militias enough so that humanitarian aid to Somalis wouldn't just get picked up by the militias.  This is a click away on wikipedia.

Sure, the specific purpose that the force going into Black Hawk Down was to capture those militia leaders, but you don't have to have a PhD to understand that it was a part of a larger campaign of which the purpose of was to establish security for aid, like every other battle/campaign in history.  You either know absolutely nothing about UNOSOM or are actually lacking the IQ points to put two things together, and I'm gonna guess its both.  
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »

Lol imagine being so self centered that you think the biggest terror attack in a foreign country is one where the only victims were a dozen and a half soldiers of your own country.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies