Applachian Ohio County Prison guards laughed while neo nazi stabbed black inmat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:39:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Applachian Ohio County Prison guards laughed while neo nazi stabbed black inmat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Applachian Ohio County Prison guards laughed while neo nazi stabbed black inmat  (Read 3706 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2019, 01:29:55 PM »

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/crime-and-courts/2019/04/17/ohio-guards-laughed-supremacist-stabbed-cuffed-black-inmates-suit-says/3502969002/
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2019, 01:41:17 PM by GP270watch »

There's a bad history of prisonguards being affiliated or sympathetic with white supremacist groups. It's one of the reasons why Aryan Brotherhood and other white gangs have so much power in the prison system.

I just read about this story a few days ago.

A Haralson County jailer whose social media activity includes white supremacist, fascist and racist themes will keep his job, despite efforts by a leftist activist group to expose him.

The Sheriff made all types of inane excuses for not firing a person who clearly and surely should not have this position of authority.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 01:43:36 PM »

Obviously this is horrible although the cultural dog whistling in the title of this thread is pretty gross.  Something tells me folks here wouldn’t be too keen on a thread titled “Harlem preacher at African-American church laughed while black cop shot his white partner in the back.”  
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 02:02:38 PM »

Obviously this is horrible although the cultural dog whistling in the title of this thread is pretty gross.  Something tells me folks here wouldn’t be too keen on a thread titled “Harlem preacher at African-American church laughed while black cop shot his white partner in the back.”  

tbf almost every prison in states west of the atlantic and east of the MS are gonna be in the "applachian region" of those states coz Applachia is basically useless for this country besides picking up welfare checks and being a good site for prisons so they can have MUH JOBS.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 02:09:59 PM »

guarantee you this guy was an Obama-Trump voter.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 02:11:02 PM »

Funnily enough this county actually swung D in 2012 and then swung 40 points right in 2016. Truly a Purple heart populist county at heart.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 02:13:34 PM »

There's a bad history of prisonguards being affiliated or sympathetic with white supremacist groups. It's one of the reasons why Aryan Brotherhood and other white gangs have so much power in the prison system.

I just read about this story a few days ago.

A Haralson County jailer whose social media activity includes white supremacist, fascist and racist themes will keep his job, despite efforts by a leftist activist group to expose him.

The Sheriff made all types of inane excuses for not firing a person who clearly and surely should not have this position of authority.

"Last month, the group announced it had established a presence on a Russian social network popular with American white nationalist groups fleeing the scrutiny of Facebook."

Yup, just heard this morning a story on NPR about the alt-right migrating to the Russian site VK.com after being purged from Facebook.  One of the owners of VK.com was forced out in 2014 and his shares of the company bought by friends of Vladimir Putin.  Surprise, surprise.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 03:07:17 PM »

Funnily enough this county actually swung D in 2012 and then swung 40 points right in 2016. Truly a Purple heart populist county at heart.

Right, because that’s the important thing here Roll Eyes
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 03:26:32 PM »

tbf almost every prison in states west of the atlantic and east of the MS are gonna be in the "applachian region" of those states coz Applachia is basically useless for this country besides picking up welfare checks and being a good site for prisons so they can have MUH JOBS.

Also, the cheap land and cheap labor.

You're never going to have a new major prison in the DC suburbs or on Long Island. The zoning would be a nightmare. The employees would demand to be unionized. You'd have to pay them more to account for higher COL. If someone escapes, they can just blend into the city instead of dying in whatever desolate holler the prison is next to.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 03:30:28 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2019, 04:10:29 PM by All States will be D »

Also, the cheap land and cheap labor.

You're never going to have a new major prison in the DC suburbs or on Long Island. The zoning would be a nightmare. The employees would demand to be unionized. You'd have to pay them more to account for higher COL. If someone escapes, they can just blend into the city instead of dying in whatever desolate holler the prison is next to.

Exactly these people in Appalachia are so economically useless to the country that this is the only thing they can do. No sane private company would actually move to Appalachia because its a useless area of the country which needs government support to not die off. TBH because the proportion of hi racists hicks in Applachia is higher than other parts of the country it leaves a more likely chance for lawsuits which increases costs of insurance. Therefore it may actually be cheaper to avoid Applachian counties and go to other rural areas.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »

Ohio is totally winnable for Ds guys
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »

A lot of these MAGA Appalachian meth heads that get out of jail probably get jobs as prison guards after.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 05:00:02 PM »

A lot of these MAGA Appalachian meth heads that get out of jail probably get jobs as prison guards after.

Oh yeah I apologize to JDB.
Applachia is very vital to the illicit drug industry.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 05:29:19 PM »

Oh yeah I apologize to JDB.
Applachia is very vital to the illicit drug industry.

I don’t know which is worse, the fact that you get off on celebrating/mocking the economic suffering of your fellow Americans or that you clearly don’t give a f*** about what the article you posted is about except to the extent it gives you an excuse to sh!t on the economically less fortunate like the elitist schmuck you are.  Honestly, you’re like a Republican who thinks their party should celebrate police brutality because African-Americans vote Democratic.  
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 06:44:29 PM »

I mean, at least as far as the allegations in the lawsuit go, which are hardly incredible to believe, it is a factually accurate title.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2019, 07:29:25 PM by The love that set me free »

Obviously this is horrible although the cultural dog whistling in the title of this thread is pretty gross.  Something tells me folks here wouldn’t be too keen on a thread titled “Harlem preacher at African-American church laughed while black cop shot his white partner in the back.” 

I mean, at least as far as the allegations in the lawsuit go, which are hardly incredible to believe, it is a factually accurate title.
The point is that he's not bringing up this very disturbing story to bring it to light but to take an opportunity to take potshots at a region screaming "HAR HAR RACIST HICKS".

Also that talk about welfare et al is basically a krazen post with a different target.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 06:54:44 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2019, 07:00:25 PM by All States will be D »

Let's be honest you don't care one bit about this other than the fact that it provides you with an opportunity to make snide comments about Appalachia.

I actually do consider myself relatively #woke on police brutality and I think most cases of police brutality are trigger happy cops. However what I disagree is that the anti police brutality movement is way too happy to make every idiot a martyr

https://www.boston25news.com/news/national/you-told-me-to-video-shows-charlotte-police-officer-kill-man-following-orders-to-drop-gun/941371998

Did this person deserve the death penalty?
No
Was this person an idiot and should he be condemned and not honored after he brandished a gun at Burger King employees/customers?
Yes
This is not to mean that the prisoners here are in any fault at all like the man shot here because they did not do anything stupid the few hours before they got stabbed unlike someone like Micheal Brown or the NC man.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »

It's like a micro-chasm of our current society.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »

Jeez, I totally can't imagine lfromnj would react differently if this happened in the Dallas suburbs or Orange County!

/s
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 08:16:20 PM »

Jeez, I totally can't imagine lfromnj would react differently if this happened in the Dallas suburbs or Orange County!

/s

TBH I admit I am using this to jab Applachia but I remember being really pissed when Botham Jean got shot last year in Dallas. It was basically a tipping point for my views on police brutality.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 08:50:12 PM »

/s

TBH I admit I am using this to jab Applachia but I remember being really pissed when Botham Jean got shot last year in Dallas. It was basically a tipping point for my views on police brutality.

So when I use Kate Steinle's murder and the Sanctuary City policy of San Francisco to take a jab at that community, you'll be OK with that?

Great!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »

No region is sacred or free of wrongdoing, not even perfect Appalachia. The sanctimonious attitude people have about this place is sickening. You all can scream and rant and rage and cry and violent hit out at the suburbs all you want but no one in the suburbs is pushing the idea that they are real America, unlike places like Appalachia.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 09:14:29 PM »

No region is sacred or free of wrongdoing, not even perfect Appalachia. The sanctimonious attitude people have about this place is sickening. You all can scream and rant and rage and cry and violent hit out at the suburbs all you want but no one in the suburbs is pushing the idea that they are real America, unlike places like Appalachia.

And nobody here implies the contrary.  But if you really believe that urban elitism isn't a thing, you're living in as much of a bubble as the rural hicks people like the OP who posts these stories just to mock.  Swaths of the country are routinely called "flyover states."  Sure, you can disagree with their voting habits.  You can support scrapping the electoral college that favors them at the expense of states where more of the people vote.  But for the love of God, don't haphazardly analyze this as if we were measuring a pissing contest.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 09:20:56 PM »

And nobody here implies the contrary.  But if you really believe that urban elitism isn't a thing, you're living in as much of a bubble as the rural hicks people like the OP who posts these coying stories just to mock.  Swaths of the country are routinely called "flyover states."  Sure, you can disagree with their voting habits.  You can support scrapping the electoral college that favors them at the expense of states where more of the people vote.  But for the love of God, don't haphazardly analyze this as if we were measuring a pissing contest.

And rural elitism is a thing. The idea that rural places are "real America" is a form of elitism even though it isn't related to money. A whole lots of people in Appalachia think they are superior because of religion and traditional values. There are plenty of people in urban areas who think that rural areas are very backward in thinking, but I have yet to encounter anyone who associates being an American with being urban.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 09:21:57 PM »

And nobody here implies the contrary.  But if you really believe that urban elitism isn't a thing, you're living in as much of a bubble as the rural hicks people like the OP who posts these stories just to mock.  Swaths of the country are routinely called "flyover states."  Sure, you can disagree with their voting habits.  You can support scrapping the electoral college that favors them at the expense of states where more of the people vote.  But for the love of God, don't haphazardly analyze this as if we were measuring a pissing contest.

The country already caters enough to rural populations giving them large benefits of what effectively mounts to affirmative action. In modern day culture you can criticize urban/suburban areas all you want but dare to touch the lord and savior region of Appalachia and you get criticized for not understanding the average American.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies