ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76031 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« on: April 17, 2019, 11:26:25 PM »

Jacky Rosen didn’t announce until June or July of 2017 and Kyrsten Sinema didn’t announce until September. Relax.

Also, Cramer and Scott didn’t even announce until 2018 itself. If anything, the early announcements are fairly uncommon. There’s still plenty of time. I just hope that Schumer is schmoozing Golden into it under the radar like he did with Rosen (her candidacy came completely out of the blue)

Golden only won, because he was facing a weak incumbent, who only narrowly beat Emily Cain, of all people, in 2014, of all years. Susan Collins would defeat Golden or really any of the Democrats, who are considering, stop acting like she's DOA or even a top-tier target, she'll win by 7-10, but it will be very hard for a Democrat to come within 5 points of defeating her

Tbf, Maine 2nd is a lot redder than the state at large, but yeah I agree.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »

Meaningless, but here anyways https://bangordailynews.com/2019/03/25/politics/daily-brief/a-trump-republican-says-hell-challenge-susan-collins-from-the-right-in-2020/
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »

Get rekt Maine Dems

Calm yourself, it’s not like he would have won anyways.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »

Now we're screwed. Jared Golden will never win re-election and he is making the biggest mistake of his life. He ran one of the best campaigns I've ever seen against an unpopular GOP incumbent and barely won because of Ranked choice voting! And when the overwhelming majority of democrats are backing SLAVE REPARATIONS, I fail to see how on earth Golden wins. Golden would have definitely been a strong candidate for senate.  I would be sick if Golden LOST re-election AND we didn't beat Collins
Here's hoping whoever the dem nominee is can max out ME-01, because ME-02's going to keep getting redder.

Can’t tell if being serious, but chill, we have people just as good as Golden that can run.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 01:35:39 PM »

Stale cracker.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »

Oh crap I did not know that lol, she half Indian half white like me, nice, she is still going to lose to Collins badly even if she gets the nom.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 01:55:02 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2019, 01:58:50 PM by Bagel23 »

Still yearning for Troy Jackson. So far the only dem I would vote for over ff Collins.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 02:02:27 PM »

Still yearning for Troy Jackson. So far the only dem I would vote for over ff Collins.

Collins isnt a FF she voted for Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch,  both of them are Scalias

Even ff's do bad things sometimes, but I appreciate her lean cuisine moderate TM image.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »

Collins isnt a FF she voted for Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch,  both of them are Scalias

Even ff's do bad things sometimes, but I appreciate her lean cuisine moderate TM image.

Oh, PLEASE tell me you're kidding

Balderson got the coveted Brad Wenstrup endorsement, I'm tempted to move this to Balderson by 8 beacuse of this, but I'll hold off for now.

I've been known to troll around a time or two sometimes 😏
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

Not really big on Gideon. She has the profile of someone who could lose easily to Collins - from the liberal coastal region without much appeal to the rest of the state. Someone from the ME-02 area would be better.

TROY JACKSON
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 12:43:46 AM »

All of the races are tilt R except for AZ and Co, but Gideon is much better than Teresa Greenfield and MJ Hegar

I will not stand for this, MJ Hegar is a far better candidate.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:54:06 AM »

She seems decent, but we obviously need someone better.

You all keep saying this, but you can’t come up with anybody.

If Troy Jackson would get up already, heck even Stephen King lol.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 11:03:24 AM »

Why even say that? Is she trying to fend off a primary challenge?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 05:35:39 PM »

I would break my arm to get Susan Collins not to run.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »

Collins not running would be a godsend to Schumer and the rest of the Senate Ds, but a danger for Gideon. Without Collins, we would probably see every D and their mother running for what would appear to be a safe and easy pickup.

The election is 14 mnths away, and Collins in below 50%, this race isnt over, yet. The only, ones not vulnerable are: Ernst & SMC

SMC is Collins ffs dude.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 10:58:03 PM »

SMC is in a coal mining state, whereas, Collins is in a Democratic leaning state.

SMC is Susan Margaret Collins dude.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 08:52:38 AM »

Oh ok nvm.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 09:26:04 AM »

I finally convinced my dad to give to Gideon instead of McGrath, yes!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »

I finally convinced my dad to give to Gideon instead of McGrath, yes!

With all due respect to your father, has he been the victim of a con job before?

Actually yes. He’s very smart almost brilliantly so in his profession as a computer engineer (pretty much a total nerd, improved some phone systems, has several patents, retired early etc). But outside of his area of expertise, well, yeah, he can be lacking. IIcrc he might have lost a little money in both the Allen Stanford scam and some Alaskan oil drilling bs.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 09:30:27 AM »

The Washington Free Beacon has a report that Gideon has been reimbursed for $1,000 and $250  personal contributions in 2015 and 2016 to Emily Cain’s congressional campaign by the Gideon Leadership PAC, a Maine entity.   

Gideon was also reimbursed for $1,000 and $500 contributions to the Federal accounts of the Maine Democrat Party in 2016.

Lock her up.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/collins-challenger-used-pac-to-reimburse-own-contributions/

Ugh
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 10:06:10 AM »

To this day, I still do not understand why Collins decided to commit the biggest political suicide in recent history by voting for Kavanaugh. She could have fully and completely ensured herself a successful re-election by voting against Kavanaugh, but instead, she decided to fully and completely ensure herself a failed re-election.

Counterfactuals are never that straightforward.
Imagine she had opposed him. As the key vote, Manchin would be under phenomenal pressure to refuse Kavanaugh.
The backlack probably loses him his seat in 2018, and the GOP now sits on 54, still without certainty regarding Collins.

Manchin would have won by an additional 4 points beyond his actual margin if he voted against Kavanaugh. It would not have hurt him at all.
Based off what exactly?

Solid's percocet mixing with brandy.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 03:16:24 AM »

My dad upped his donation amount when he found out she was half Indian. Desi Krew be taking care Smiley
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 04:25:18 AM »

My dad upped his donation amount when he found out she was half Indian. Desi Krew be taking care Smiley

Lol my dad is the opposite as  he despises most of the Indian-Americans in politics today(Especially Bobby Jindal,  Pramilla Jayapal and Ro Khanna) and even the one he doesn't really despise he doesnt really like that much either: Nikki Haley.

Oh he despises Bobby Jindal and Nikki (she really should just stick to the Punjabi nickname of little) Haley, embarrassed that they are Punjabi, and Nikki is from literally the next town over and probably an unwanted distant cousin xD. He likes the entire democratic desi krew though. I am on the same page too. Especially fellow Punjabi bro Ro Khanna.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 04:57:31 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 05:02:00 AM by Co-Chair Bagel23 »

Lol my dad is the opposite as  he despises most of the Indian-Americans in politics today(Especially Bobby Jindal,  Pramilla Jayapal and Ro Khanna) and even the one he doesn't really despise he doesnt really like that much either: Nikki Haley.

Oh he despises Bobby Jindal and Nikki (she really should just stick to the Punjabi nickname of little) Haley, embarrassed that they are Punjabi, and Nikki is from literally the next town over and probably an unwanted distant cousin xD. He likes the entire democratic desi krew though. I am on the same page too. Especially fellow Punjabi bro Ro Khanna.

With the exception of Jindal my dad is the opposite lol, he despises the entire Dem Crew (Especially Jayapal and Khanna) .  With Haley,  he basically has the position of meh, he said if she was the nominee he probably would support her but not with much enthusiasm.

I think its really unfair to compare Jindal and Haley though as Haley was a far better governor, and says she never would forget her roots while Jindal pretty much did.

Well ideological different obviously. Oh God Haley no blehhhhhhhh, hate her. No we make deportation jokes about her all the time lol. Would like never support her for any office ever. Again, ideologically different. She was a crap governor, but yeah compared to Jindal she is obviously better. Jindal did not just "forget" his routes, he literally tried to whiten his portraits, that's intentional. They both converted to Christianity too, but I can't really blame them for that, that's just evolving like the story of all of us who are like that now, if not done ourselves like them, happened somewhere back for our ancestors.  
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »

With the exception of Jindal my dad is the opposite lol, he despises the entire Dem Crew (Especially Jayapal and Khanna) .  With Haley,  he basically has the position of meh, he said if she was the nominee he probably would support her but not with much enthusiasm.

I think its really unfair to compare Jindal and Haley though as Haley was a far better governor, and says she never would forget her roots while Jindal pretty much did.

Well ideological different obviously. Oh God Haley no blehhhhhhhh, hate her. No we make deportation jokes about her all the time lol. Would like never support her for any office ever. Again, ideologically different. She was a crap governor, but yeah compared to Jindal she is obviously better. Jindal did not just "forget" his routes, he literally tried to whiten his portraits, that's intentional. They both converted to Christianity too, but I can't really blame them for that, that's just evolving like the story of all of us who are like that now, if not done ourselves like them, happened somewhere back for our ancestors.  

Yah Jindal we hate cause of how he became as a person while we have a lot of respect for Haley personally. On the other hand my dad is far more of a noninterventionist compared to me which is why his position on her is more mixed while she would be in my top 3 for candidates for President in 2024

Completely with your dad there, it’s time to stop going abroad and scale back a lot of what we have left.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies