ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 76242 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »

SMC is in a coal mining state, whereas, Collins is in a Democratic leaning state.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2019, 10:58:03 PM »

SMC is in a coal mining state, whereas, Collins is in a Democratic leaning state.

SMC is Susan Margaret Collins dude.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2019, 12:43:18 AM »

Capito is whom I was referring to
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2019, 08:52:38 AM »

Oh ok nvm.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2019, 12:39:41 PM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2019, 12:50:10 PM »

If this seat is open it would become Lean D (maybe even Likely if the ME GOP nominates a joke).
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »

That would be a Christmas miracle, but if her polling was so bad that she opted not to run anyway then that means she probably would've lost regardless
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »

Jared Golden done messed up not running for Senate. He’d probably even be favored right now. Instead he’s in the fight of his life in an uphill seat
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »

If this seat is open it would become Lean D (maybe even Likely if the ME GOP nominates a joke).

I think it would start out as likely D if she dropped out.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »

That would be a Christmas miracle, but if her polling was so bad that she opted not to run anyway then that means she probably would've lost regardless

Nah, she might just not want to run in a serious, competitive election--considering she always thought of herself as "above partisan politics"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2019, 02:00:19 PM »

Jared Golden done messed up not running for Senate. He’d probably even be favored right now. Instead he’s in the fight of his life in an uphill seat

Right, Eric Brakey is gonna give him the fight of his life Roll Eyes
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2019, 02:01:20 PM »

Bruce Poliquin nearly won last year and he was one of the worst fits for that seat ever
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2019, 02:06:53 PM »

Bruce Poliquin nearly won last year and he was one of the worst fits for that seat ever

Poliquin was an uncontroversial incumbent in a seat which usually doesn’t boot out its incumbents. He may not have been the best "fit" for the district, but he wasn’t some incredibly weak incumbent either.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »

Poliquin was an uncontroversial incumbent in a seat which usually doesn’t boot out its incumbents. He may not have been the best "fit" for the district, but he wasn’t some incredibly weak incumbent either.

Either way, pretending like Golden’s re-election is gonna be easy even against Brakey is just dumb. Poliquin was a pretty bad incumbent whose only strength as a candidate was his fundraising and Golden was a pretty good one, and Golden only barely won.

Iowa “loved its incumbents” until last year it didn’t and sent two and almost three packing
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »

Either way, pretending like Golden’s re-election is gonna be easy even against Brakey is just dumb. Poliquin was a pretty bad incumbent whose only strength as a candidate was his fundraising and Golden was a pretty good one, and Golden only barely won.

Iowa “loved its incumbents” until last year it didn’t and sent two and almost three packing

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume that Golden has a better chance of winning reelection than beating Collins, especially with how weak the current GOP field in ME-02 appears to be. He’s tailor-made for his district, and I don’t think his 2018 strategy would be easily replicable in a statewide race against someone like Collins.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »

Revisionism at work, folks. Golden is an incumbent now and Brakey list this district by 10% in his Senate run.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »

Revisionism at work, folks. Golden is an incumbent now and Brakey list this district by 10% in his Senate run.

How is that revisionism? Poliquin was widely regarded as a parody of an out of touch Wall Street Banker who never had real ties to the district, continuously shopped for office, and had a number of gaffes (running into a woman’s bathroom)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »

"It's dark money's fault! Nothing to do with my voting record."
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume that Golden has a better chance of winning reelection than beating Collins, especially with how weak the current GOP field in ME-02 appears to be. He’s tailor-made for his district, and I don’t think his 2018 strategy would be easily replicable in a statewide race against someone like Collins.

Well Collins herself confirmed she is underwater now, so it’s not like she the same unbeatable goddess that she once was. Personally if it were me and I had a choice between:

(a) run against a slightly unpopular incumbent senator in a state Clinton won by 3% or

(b) run for re-election in a seat Trump won by 10% and is likely to easily carry again

I think most rational people would have gone with (a.)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »

If this seat is open it would become Lean D Likely D(maybe even Likely if the ME GOP nominates a joke).

FTFY
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »

Hopefully she retires. This makes it an easy pick-up for Democrats, moving my rating from tilt Republican to likely Democratic.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2019, 03:13:34 PM »

I'm not willing to call Maine a safe pickup without Collins, but her retirement would still be a godsend, especially with how hilariously bad the MEGOP's bench is.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2019, 03:36:37 PM »

Oooohh, she scared. She knows she's in trouble with her approval numbers plunging and Gideon's fundraising certainly doesn't help either.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »

She's obviously running.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52