Increase of Measles Cases reported in 20 different states.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Increase of Measles Cases reported in 20 different states.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Increase of Measles Cases reported in 20 different states.  (Read 1795 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:54:09 AM »
« edited: April 25, 2019, 01:39:10 PM by PSOL »

Well this is disturbing

As of April 11, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recorded 555 cases of the disease since the beginning of the year, up from 465 cases confirmed by April 4. The cases were found in 20 states spanning the country.

The measles virus is highly contagious and can lead to deadly complications, particularly in children. The CDC report did not say whether there have been any fatalities.

The U.S. outbreak is part of a worldwide rise. The World Health Organization reported on Monday that global cases had risen nearly four-fold in the first quarter of 2019 to 112,163 compared with the same period last year.

Apparently, Measles cases are up 300% worldwide, per the WHO
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »

From a hippie / traditional indiginous / environmentalism perspective, Trumpanzees are gonna Mske America Great Again by wiping out the humans who are killing the planet (including America).
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »

From a hippie / traditional indiginous / environmentalism perspective, Trumpanzees are gonna Mske America Great Again by wiping out the humans who are killing the planet (including America).
Indigenous people don’t reject modern medicine nor innovation. Don’t put that colonial crap with your omnicidal ,Deep Ecologist views.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 07:11:19 PM »

Indigenous people don’t reject modern medicine nor innovation. Don’t put that colonial crap with your omnicidal ,Deep Ecologist views.
What the actual f___?

TRADITIONAL indiginous perspective is that destroying Mother Earth is a bad thing. That's not a controversial thing to say. Never go full SJW dude.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:25:01 PM »

What the actual f___?

TRADITIONAL indiginous perspective is that destroying Mother Earth is a bad thing. That's not a controversial thing to say. Never go full SJW dude.
I was trying to point out that most indigenous people don’t want people on the other side of the world to die just to preserve the environment.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 07:28:31 PM »

I've been saying this since late October 2016, and nobody listened!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 09:09:26 PM »

somebody has been saying this constantly since we first figured out how to express the idea orally to other humans, it was followed by a "kids these days".  Every one of them have been wrong.

People that say it today though, they know what they're talking about!  No way they'll be wrong like the millions of people that were saying the exact same thing over the millennia.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »

Can we setup an island on the opposite side of the planet where we can send all the left-wing tree-hugging hankie-waving parents who don't like vaccines.

Oh wait.....Australia already exists.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »

Can we setup an island on the opposite side of the planet where we can send all the left-wing tree-hugging hankie-waving parents who don't like vaccines.

I would assume the anti-vaccine crowd would follow the same pattern as it is going here, with far right populists taking in the crowd while being shooed off by everyone else. Doesn’t ON or SFF take it or no, is it firmly weirdos in the Green Party?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »

somebody has been saying this constantly since we first figured out how to express the idea orally to other humans, it was followed by a "kids these days".  Every one of them have been wrong.

People that say it today though, they know what they're talking about!  No way they'll be wrong like the millions of people that were saying the exact same thing over the millennia.

The end is nigh!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 08:06:58 PM »

If the death of thousands or millions of people didn’t bother me, I would say just let the whole thing run its course.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 11:03:37 PM »

Relativity speaking, the tree hugging people that don't like vaccines aren't really left wing. Many of them are trying to distance themselves from the left because the left favors mandatory vaccinations, while the right is pro-choice.

nah man, the anti-vaxxers I've met are generally a bunch of leftists with a major victim complex.

I don't get why they even have children in the first place, tbh. I know one person who is an anti-vaxxer and they literally get government benefits. That should all get cut off. If you're going to play the government's game and get benefits, you have to play by the rules.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 12:47:47 AM »

They're shouldn't be government government assistance whether you are an anti-vaxxer or not. In America you are supposed to walk on your own two feet.

Your posting history is evidence to support the title of this thread.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 01:06:58 AM »

Relativity speaking, the tree hugging people that don't like vaccines aren't really left wing. Many of them are trying to distance themselves from the left because the left favors mandatory vaccinations, while the right is pro-choice.

nah man, the anti-vaxxers I've met are generally a bunch of leftists with a major victim complex.

I don't get why they even have children in the first place, tbh. I know one person who is an anti-vaxxer and they literally get government benefits. That should all get cut off. If you're going to play the government's game and get benefits, you have to play by the rules.

They're shouldn't be government government assistance whether you are an anti-vaxxer or not. In America you are supposed to walk on your own two feet.

I know right? But anti-vaxxers apparently don't get that.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:43 AM »

Honestly anti-vaxxers in 2019 should just be sent up against a wall
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 01:36:49 AM »

TheRealRight - "If you are paralysed from the waist down in America, you are still supposed to stay off of government assistance and walk on your own two feet, because I'm a sith / republican and I only deal in absolutes with no shades of grey whatsoever. Also I take ever-so-slightly brown AOC and make her extremely brown in my totally-not-racist dogwhistle comic strip."

It makes me cringe so hard when I'm reminded that there is still a culture war going on and that anti-intellectualism hasn't been defeated already. What a time to be alive.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 09:38:17 PM »

I know right? But anti-vaxxers apparently don't get that.

Well... clearly I understand that people should not be relying on the government.

Not the ones I know.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 12:10:30 AM »

The two states with the strictest vaccination laws are Mississippi and West Virginia.  They are not the most leftist states in the country.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »

Why do the pro-vaxxers need to worry about me? Aren't they protected from the vaccines that are 100% safe and effective?

You literally do not know how vaccines work.  Also this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 12:22:46 AM »

Why do the pro-vaxxers need to worry about me? Aren't they protected from the vaccines that are 100% safe and effective?

They’re worried about you because the autism they’ve acquired from vaccinations has caused them to have obsessive tendencies towards patriots such as yourself.

Keep fighting the good fight
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 12:27:47 AM »

550 people have measles? Oh geez, this must be the end! Prepare the doom bunker and find an opposite sex partner to repopulate the earth with! Roll Eyes

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 12:28:30 AM »

They’re worried about you because the autism they’ve acquired from vaccinations has caused them to have obsessive tendencies towards patriots such as yourself.

I cannot tell if you are trolling or you are being serious.

I’m serious. 31% of atlas users are self identified autisms. It’s no wonder this forum is so pro vaccine.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 01:01:41 AM »

I’m serious. 31% of atlas users are self identified autisms. It’s no wonder this forum is so pro vaccine.

Shouldn't they be anti-vaxxers then? You know, as to be against supposedly getting said autism? LOL

Penn and Teller nailed the argument over a decade ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 01:57:44 PM »

Shouldn't they be anti-vaxxers then? You know, as to be against supposedly getting said autism? LOL

Penn and Teller nailed the argument over a decade ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

This is too easy.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 05:37:39 AM »

The forum is so pro-vaccine because there are far more individuals on the left than the right on this forum. There are many left wing extremists, but very few right wing extremists.

There are plenty of left-wing anti-vaxxers. Low info granola moms are a big slice of that demographic
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies