Ninja0428 For Lincoln Council
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:10:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ninja0428 For Lincoln Council
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ninja0428 For Lincoln Council  (Read 251 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »
« edited: April 13, 2019, 01:03:39 PM by Ninja0428 »

Hello everyone! I am pleased tonight to announce my candidacy for the Council of Lincoln as a member of the Liberal Party! I hope that I am elected to bring a fair voice for the people to the council, who can work with anyone to pass the best policy for the citizens.

What I Will Do:

Defend our Constitution - Lately we've been seeing people attempting to undermine our region's constitution and the hard work that has been put into reforming our government. As a councilor, I will ensure that any attempts to modify our system of government are progressive, not regressive. We've seen an increase in activity and interest since our recent dark age; just look at how many candidates we have in this election alone. We should not go back now, we must continue forward.

Improve Public Infrastructure - Infrastructure is not only an issue that I am passionate about, it is one that affects all of us. Whether you are a commuter, a traveler, or a business large and small, you depend on it. That's why I plan to ensure that our infrastructure is kept up to our needs for today and tomorrow. I want to expand LincolnRail, beyond what it currently is, to include more routes and connect all of our major centers. I also plan to introduce a system for municipalities to apply for funding from the regional government for their projects.

Fight For Liberty - As a proud liberal, I believe that protecting the liberty of the citizens is implied in the name. We simply can not allow the government to impose tyranny over the people, whether it comes in regard to speech, belief, identity, or any personal decision which does no harm. The government exists with the legitimacy of the people, which means that we have to protect the rights of the people.

Reform Education - Our children are our future. You may have heard it a million times before, and that's because it's true. Our continued prosperity comes on the backs of the people of the future being able to handle our society. Our curriculum should be reformed. It needs to be brought to the present day and keep up with the time, reflecting recent advancements in our knowledge, changes in the issues facing society, and innovation in education, and these updates should be made regular. The curriculum should also be made more flexible for older students to be able to focus on their interests, instead of wasting their time with requirements that serve no use. I also plan to codify the policies for all schools in the region, to ensure operations are smooth, facilities are maintained, and the rights of students are protected.

Encourage Cooperation and Quality - As an independent voice in the council, I will make sure that our region is kept to its standards, and that legislation is well written and serves the best interests of the citizens. I am also a firm believer that we form the best policy and are strongest in general when we come together, not drive ourselves apart. This is why I'm always open to working with my fellow Councillors and citizens, and will act as a unifying force.

What I Will NOT Do:

Run For Leadership Positions - I have realized that in the past, including the recent past, I have put too much onto myself for me to handle. In order to fully serve the people of Lincoln, I must make sure that my life is in balance, which is why I will not be accepting any leadership position, including Chancellor, Speaker, or Minister.

Allow Politics to Come Before Principle - As someone who wishes to represent the citizens of Lincoln, I have an obligation to uphold my promise to do what is in your best interests. That is why, if I am faced with a choice between doing good for the common person, and furthering my career or party, I will always side with the people. If you vote for me, you can know that I have your back.

Endorsements:
Young Texan
Mike Wells
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »

I wish you the best of luck, and really look forward to seeing you in the Council if elected. Good luck!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 10:21:11 PM »

stragn plat4m, consider urself ENDORSED!
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »

High preference!!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:31:28 AM »

Congrats, Ninja! I know you'll do great in the Councill.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 09:37:03 AM »

Congratulations Ninja!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »

Congrats, Ninja.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 03:55:45 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!

What are your priorities going to be for this council session?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies