For all.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:19:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  For all.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For all.  (Read 1599 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2004, 03:48:18 PM »

Is it me or is the Republican party falling apart? I think that the Dems. and the Reps. just need to drop out of the president race and form small parties then put candidate in the election if they want to.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 03:50:14 PM »

I was originaly opposed to that, but now I think it is a good idea. This two party system is not working. Heck, this is a fabtasy election. Why should we keep the boring Democrats and republkicans thing going?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 03:55:33 PM »

I was originaly opposed to that, but now I think it is a good idea. This two party system is not working. Heck, this is a fabtasy election. Why should we keep the boring Democrats and republkicans thing going?

this ISN'T a two party system, the UAC holds more positions than the Republicans in Fantasy Government you know.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 03:56:49 PM »

this ISN'T a two party system, the UAC holds more positions than the Republicans in Fantasy Government you know.

Yes. I guess it isn't a two party system.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 04:02:24 PM »

I agree with Brunsel though. Too many people are still tied up in their old parties. It would be better if the fantasy electinos were a little more independent.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 04:48:22 PM »

I think that we need to form new parties now, before the election.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 04:49:31 PM »

I think that we need to form new parties now, before the election.

Who's we?  The UAC already has.  Smiley
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 04:50:44 PM »

Talking about the rest of the dems. and reps.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 05:58:28 PM »

Maybe I should start the Atlas Prohibition Party!
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 06:01:23 PM »

I'd drink to that.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 06:17:15 PM »

I agree with Brunsel though. Too many people are still tied up in their old parties. It would be better if the fantasy electinos were a little more independent.

You're preaching to the choir, Gustaf! Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 06:29:04 PM »

So what do you propose-- with the existence of the UAC drawing almost all the centrists, there are only solid right-wing and left-wing people left. That means three parties. And that's what we have. There seems to be limited interest in a "populist" party.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 06:30:20 PM »

I'd drink to that.

If I win, no more drinking.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 06:33:34 PM »

All the m-more reeson to dooo sooo nn... (falls)
ericadler
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 12:12:38 AM »

NO! Why ruin our great parties? Not that I am calling the Democratic party great, but WHY?

Great Parties?  Come on, man.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 10:09:20 AM »

So what do you propose-- with the existence of the UAC drawing almost all the centrists, there are only solid right-wing and left-wing people left. That means three parties. And that's what we have. There seems to be limited interest in a "populist" party.

They should be renamed to, for instance UAL and UA...well, OK not UAC, but you get the idea...if there are Republican and Demoratic parties people will still be joining those out of habit and fall into good old partisanship.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies