Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 02:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 129
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v3: GOP in MASSIVE DISARRAY  (Read 170911 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: March 31, 2023, 08:49:26 PM »

Madison did work today

walleye26

« Reply #2076 on: March 31, 2023, 09:31:29 PM »

Madison did work today

That’s over 40,000 early votes by my count. Over 20% turnout in Madison.

Also, I think the reason WOW turnout is so high is because of the Senate 8th special election. It has Richfield and Germantown in Washington, Menominee Falls, Lannon, and parts of Sussex/Lisbon in Waukesha, and Mequon, Thiensville, and Cedarburg in Ozaukee. It also has Bayside, Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, and Brown Deer in MKE county.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2077 on: April 01, 2023, 11:48:49 AM »

Madison did work today

Also, I think the reason WOW turnout is so high is because of the Senate 8th special election. It has Richfield and Germantown in Washington, Menominee Falls, Lannon, and parts of Sussex/Lisbon in Waukesha, and Mequon, Thiensville, and Cedarburg in Ozaukee. It also has Bayside, Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, and Brown Deer in MKE county.

iirc those areas are Rich ash especially Whitefish
walleye26

« Reply #2078 on: April 01, 2023, 01:16:30 PM »

Madison did work today

iirc those areas are Rich ash especially Whitefish

Yes super rich. Whitefish is jokingly called “White Folks Bay” and Fox Point and Bayside are nice addresses to have too. They are now super liberal too.
walleye26

« Reply #2079 on: April 01, 2023, 08:17:17 PM »

Add another 2,000 out of Madison. Turnout will be interesting to see on Tuesday.
walleye26

« Reply #2080 on: April 02, 2023, 07:44:38 PM »

Madison added 642 early voters today, which brings them up to just over 42,000 absentee requests and nearly 36,000 returned (not including the ones showing up in the mail tomorrow and Tuesday, or dropped off at poll sites on Tuesday).

At 4pm on Feb 21st, there were just over 44,000 voters that had voted in Madison. Basically, in early voting alone Madison has equaled their turnout from 4pm of Election Day. That’s nuts. Election Day will be interesting for sure.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2081 on: April 02, 2023, 08:10:48 PM »

So this totally legal stream I'm watching the sixers-bucks game thru ran some ads during a 2nd quarter commercial break ab how Dan Kelly is "radically anti-abortion" and opposes all background checks. Pretty standard jawn from Ds at this point but nonetheless kinda shows where everyone's head's at w/r/t motivating base turnout.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2082 on: April 02, 2023, 09:09:31 PM »

So this totally legal stream I'm watching the sixers-bucks game thru ran some ads during a 2nd quarter commercial break ab how Dan Kelly is "radically anti-abortion" and opposes all background checks. Pretty standard jawn from Ds at this point but nonetheless kinda shows where everyone's head's at w/r/t motivating base turnout.

The Democratic incumbent for mayor of Green Bay is campaigning on abortion rights too, even though nothing in the mayor's office has anything to do with abortion policy or law.

I can't really blame them though, it is a winning issue for Dems, why not run with it?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2083 on: April 03, 2023, 09:01:52 AM »

538 preview: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/chicago-wisconsin-elections/
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2084 on: April 03, 2023, 10:45:46 AM »

The Democratic incumbent for mayor of Green Bay is campaigning on abortion rights too, even though nothing in the mayor's office has anything to do with abortion policy or law.

I can't really blame them though, it is a winning issue for Dems, why not run with it?

I mean, abortion is an issue that actually exists. That puts it leagues above Republicans and their fake issues like CRT.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2085 on: April 03, 2023, 11:53:11 AM »

4/3/2023 Absentee Report

Dane County passed Waukesha County based on VAP Turnout %.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2086 on: April 03, 2023, 11:55:46 AM »

My final prediction here is that Democrats win, just because they were up in the first round and the usual pattern in Wisconsin is that the general is more, rather than less, favorable for the left-wing candidate. That said the early-vote turnout patterns look extremely favorable for conservatives and if they still lose it's going to be because they did horrifically poorly among persuadable swing voters; like much worse than in 2022.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2087 on: April 03, 2023, 12:01:59 PM »

My final prediction here is that Democrats win, just because they were up in the first round and the usual pattern in Wisconsin is that the general is more, rather than less, favorable for the left-wing candidate. That said the early-vote turnout patterns look extremely favorable for conservatives and if they still lose it's going to be because they did horrifically poorly among persuadable swing voters; like much worse than in 2022.

They're a tiny bit better for conservatives than the primary, but I wouldn't say "extremely favorable."
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2088 on: April 03, 2023, 12:09:11 PM »

Early vote patterns are better for conservatives than the primary, but worse than 2022.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2089 on: April 03, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »

Sounds like it's gonna rain most of the day tomorrow in Southern Wisconsin, thunderstorms starting in the afternoon, and maybe severe by the time polls close around 8 PM as of now. Thankfully a lot of votes were banked in the early vote period. Madison/Dane County folks will crawl over broken glass to go vote so I'm not too worried there, and any weather that complicates thing in Milwaukee will also do so in the WOW suburbs.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2090 on: April 03, 2023, 02:58:05 PM »

I'll go with Janet +2 for my prediction, but I would not at all be surprised to see Kelly win. If he does, WI-SEN 2024 is a tossup, tilting R.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2091 on: April 03, 2023, 03:05:33 PM »

With the election almost upon us, I just want to say a big thank you to Gass, walleye, and our other Wisconsin folks for the excellent updates throughout this campaign.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2092 on: April 03, 2023, 03:31:03 PM »

Sounds like it's gonna rain most of the day tomorrow in Southern Wisconsin, thunderstorms starting in the afternoon, and maybe severe by the time polls close around 8 PM as of now. Thankfully a lot of votes were banked in the early vote period. Madison/Dane County folks will crawl over broken glass to go vote so I'm not too worried there, and any weather that complicates thing in Milwaukee will also do so in the WOW suburbs.

Yet it also looks like there will be freezing rain in Northern Wisconsin, particularly along the Michigan border. Weather looks like it will be crap across the state.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2093 on: April 03, 2023, 03:40:35 PM »

Wisconsin is a weird swing state that is more Dem on the state level than the federal one (along with Pennsylvania)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2094 on: April 03, 2023, 03:56:19 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2023, 04:02:30 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Wisconsin is a weird swing state that is more Dem on the state level than the federal one (along with Pennsylvania)

Tammy Baldwin beat Tommy Thompson in 2012, it just happens for some reason Johnson overpolls like Walker but in 28 it's not a Midterm it's a Prez race he is gone

Johnson running in 22 was favorable to him but not a Prez cycle
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2095 on: April 03, 2023, 06:24:50 PM »

Which actually makes a lot of sense, because the issues that are being fought over for those swing voters are preserving gerrymandering and a pre-Civil War abortion ban. That's close to a worst-case scenario for the conservative side. It's like if the UK was on schedule to hold an election a couple years earlier and timing meant they'd have to hold one where the main issue was Liz Truss' tax proposal.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #2096 on: April 03, 2023, 06:31:02 PM »

4/3/2023 Absentee Report

Dane County passed Waukesha County based on VAP Turnout %.

Really hoping Milwaukee kills it in turnout tomorrow.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2097 on: April 03, 2023, 06:36:52 PM »

I think I'd rather be Janet but only slightly.

A big question is who are all the WOW voters? If there's significant down ballot lag and they go to Kelly by like Walker-2018 numbers (unlikely), then Kelly would be favored, whereas if they skew more college educated and are almost a net wash, that's good for Protacewicz.

From the maps I've seen, the WOW county turnout seems to be coming from the inner-ring of suburbs which are closer but have still on net leaned R in recent cycles.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #2098 on: April 03, 2023, 07:04:29 PM »

Final prediction is Janet +4. In Dane We Trust.
walleye26

« Reply #2099 on: April 03, 2023, 08:58:29 PM »

Alright folks, it’s wrapping up. Tomorrow’s weather for the entire state will be horse***t with some bull***t as a side. Southern Wisconsin from LaCrosse to Sheboygan could get hit with 60 mph winds, tornadoes, and hail. Central Wisconsin will get heavy winds and downpours, and north of highway 8 will see freezing rain, snow, and blizzard conditions. Blizzard and winter storm warnings are already out in the Duluth TV market (Douglas, Burnett, Bayfield, Washburn, Ashland, and Iron Counties). Link to alerts is here, from the Duluth TV station: https://www.wdio.com/weather-alert/

As a result, I’ve made a few minor tweaks to my election model. All counties that contain highway 70 and north (Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer, Phillips, Vilas, Iron, Oneida, Ashland, Bayfield, and Douglas) I have subtracted two percentage points from turnout. I also subtracted 2 percentage points from Grant, Lafayette, Green, Rock, Walworth, Jefferson, Racine, and Kenosha Counties, as these are where we could see tornadoes. While Dane, Iowa, Crawford, Sauk, Columbia, Waukesha, Dodge, and MKE are also in the severe weather area, the storms are moving south to north so they wouldn’t be effected until the last hour or so of voting with minimal impacts. Also, Democrats have a lot of early banked votes up. I expect Election Day votes to lean R about 60/40 or so, so I added up the total number of votes in the aforementioned counties and multiplied it by 0.02 and then again by 0.2 (20% R-lean with a 2% drop) and then by my vote estimates to see how that would change things. The result: Kelly “loses” 1,233 votes due to weather. Additionally, I increased Dane’s turnout by 3% because of high amounts of early voting, which adds another 2,400 votes for Janet. My model ends up with Janet getting a margin of +62,359 votes. I also reduced my estimate from 1.44 million votes down to 1.41 million votes due to weather, meaning I have Janet winning by 4.4%, 52.2 to 47.8.

Counties won by Janet:
MKE: 63-37
Dane: 83-17
Rock 61-39
LaCrosse 60-40
Eau Claire 59-41
Portage 56-44
Sauk 57-43
Grant 51-49
Columbia 53-47
Douglas 57-43
Dunn 51-49
Pierce 51-49
Green 58-42
Door 53-47
Vernon 56-44
Trempealeau 55-45
Iowa 63-37
Jackson 52-48
Bayfield 57-43
Ashland 55-45 (bad weather reduces tribal turnout)
Richland 54-46
Crawford 54-46
Menominee 68-32

Largest Counties won by Kelly:
Waukesha 62-38
Brown 54-46
Racine 55-45
Outagamie 55-45
Kenosha 52-48
Washington 70-30
Marathon 58-42
Sheboygan 60-40