Trump admin argues entire ACA should be thrown out, incl pre-existing conditions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:17:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump admin argues entire ACA should be thrown out, incl pre-existing conditions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump admin argues entire ACA should be thrown out, incl pre-existing conditions  (Read 2015 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2019, 09:01:44 PM »

Democrats definitely have their issue for 2020.  Thanks for blowing another win, Donald!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 09:04:44 PM »

WTF? Are they high? They legit are going to gut healthcare right before the election?!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 09:10:51 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »

But muh Mueller report means Trump will win every state.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »

Stuff like this is exactly why Republicans and others talking about "Trump is now going to win in a landslide in 2020" because he was "vindicated" by Mueller is ridiculous.

The Democrats didn't win the House because of a possible Trump-Russia connection. They won because Trump is a terrible person and President who has implemented and wants to implement terrible policies and can't stop tweeting crazy things.

Trump would be stupid to do something like this before the election...but I wouldn't be surprised.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 09:20:46 PM »

Stuff like this is exactly why Republicans and others talking about "Trump is now going to win in a landslide in 2020" because he was "vindicated" by Mueller is ridiculous.

The Democrats didn't win the House because of a possible Trump-Russia connection. They won because Trump is a terrible person and President who has implemented and wants to implement terrible policies and can't stop tweeting crazy things.

Trump would be stupid to do something like this before the election...but I wouldn't be surprised.

Any remotely competent Republican in even the slightest competitive district would run like hell from this. Trump can politically sink himself all he wants, but it’ll never get through the House or Senate.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 09:25:34 PM »

"How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?"
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 09:25:41 PM »

The reason the sociopathic monster wants this thrown out is the same reason he ran for President in the first place: his insane and disturbing hatred for Obama. He wants to get rid of his main accomplishment, he doesn't care how many people are hurt in the process.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 09:30:00 PM »

I mean this really wasn't a good law in the place, and if Ben Nelson had never caves we wouldn't have created this mess. Healthcare should go back to the insurance companies
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 09:36:36 PM »

Donald Trump stands for teh most costly system of medical care in the world, one that gets mediocre results, and that prices people into the grave if they lack the funds. This is the way of the economic sadist.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 09:42:58 PM »

Any remotely competent Republican in even the slightest competitive district would run like hell from this. Trump can politically sink himself all he wants, but it’ll never get through the House or Senate.

This.

Though I wouldn't put it past Trump to continue trying to legislate from the White House via executive order or something else ridiculous. His desire to burn down everything related to Obama is nowhere near quenched.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

lol, if the Dems lose next year, they should disband as a national party.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »

The Mueller Report (which the public hasn't seen) unsurprisingly has emboldened the administration to go even further. That's what people were failing to see. Anything that this crazy person perceives to be good pushes him further over the edge into doing more insane things that pushes the narrative even further against him. This obsession with repealing health care is insanity.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 12:12:57 AM »

The Mueller Report (which the public hasn't seen) unsurprisingly has emboldened the administration to go even further. That's what people were failing to see. Anything that this crazy person perceives to be good pushes him further over the edge into doing more insane things that pushes the narrative even further against him. This obsession with repealing health care is insanity.

I saw nothing in the Mueller investigations that could possibly suggest that Donald Trump could be 'fully exonerated'. I see an effort to suppress some damaging material. Maybe Trump supporters are unready to see an idol with clay feet, but most American adults already do.

Donald Trump is practically a Marxist stereotype of a capitalist; as a political leader, such is dangerous to capitalism itself. The best defense of capitalism is that it works for people who do not own the assets. The Marxist critique of bad capitalism, a system that serves only a few plutocrats, is a solid moral stance.   
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 01:16:18 AM »

I mean this really wasn't a good law in the place, and if Ben Nelson had never caves we wouldn't have created this mess. Healthcare should go back to the insurance companies

Now I'm convinced you're trolling. No one can be this foolish
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

Sounds like the perfect stunt to make Trump lose. Going into re-election and having Trump charge in to repeal and never replace the healthcare law is going to do WONDERS for him!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 12:56:38 PM »

I saw nothing in the Mueller investigations that could possibly suggest that Donald Trump could be 'fully exonerated'. I see an effort to suppress some damaging material. Maybe Trump supporters are unready to see an idol with clay feet, but most American adults already do.

Donald Trump is practically a Marxist stereotype of a capitalist; as a political leader, such is dangerous to capitalism itself. The best defense of capitalism is that it works for people who do not own the assets. The Marxist critique of bad capitalism, a system that serves only a few plutocrats, is a solid moral stance.   
Mate; I think you need to smell the air, go out into the sunny side from the opaque reality you are in now, and consider changing teams.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »

Sounds like the perfect stunt to make Trump lose. Going into re-election and having Trump charge in to repeal and never replace the healthcare law is going to do WONDERS for him!

Exactly. LOL.
I knew it wouldn't take long for the Orange Moron to "trip" again.
"Trump will eliminate protection for healthcare's pre-existing conditions." I love the headline already.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »

Health insurance companies probably would either be bailed out or be much smaller had nothing happened.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »

After he won the Mueller Report, the God Emperor just can't get enough with winning. This is why he opens this issue up again.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »

Large majorities of people disapproved of this law from 2010 to 2016, Dems cannot just ignore the problems that this law created. The government does not have a responsibility to provide health care. That is government overreach, if you think it was a good law, why, also answer why you think that government should interfere in the business of corporations
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »

The reason the sociopathic monster wants this thrown out is the same reason he ran for President in the first place: his insane and disturbing hatred for Obama. He wants to get rid of his main accomplishment, he doesn't care how many people are hurt in the process.

Bingo. Trump wants to ruin anything decent as a nation.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 02:37:23 PM »

lol, if the Dems lose next year, they should disband as a national party.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 02:37:41 PM »

Large majorities of people disapproved of this law from 2010 to 2016, Dems cannot just ignore the problems that this law created. The government does not have a responsibility to provide health care. That is government overreach, if you think it was a good law, why, also answer why you think that government should interfere in the business of corporations

The government ‘interferes in the business of corporations’ when they set basic workplace standards laws. They ‘interfere in the business of corporations’ when they ban child labor. They “interfere in the business of corporations” when they enforce health regulations on food products.

This is not a legitimate argument against the ACA unless you are arguing against all of the above in any possible form.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »

But that's no longer the case.  When faced with the prospect of it actually changing, people suddenly started liking it a lot better.  Look at the unpopularity of the GOP replacement effort.  Or look at the latest Kaiser Family Foundation health tracking poll (sample dates March 13-18):

As you may know a health reform bill was signed into law in 2010, known commonly as the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare. Given what you know about the health reform law, do you have a generally (favorable) or generally (unfavorable) opinion of it? [GET ANSWER THEN ASK: Is that a very (favorable/unfavorable) or somewhat (favorable/unfavorable) opinion?]

Very favorable: 27
Somewhat favorable: 23
Somewhat unfavorable: 11
Very unfavorable: 28
Net favorable/unfavorable: 50/39

Do you (favor) or (oppose) having a national health plan, sometimes called Medicare-for-all, in which all Americans would get their insurance from a single government plan? (GET ANSWER THEN ASK: Is that strongly (favor/oppose) or somewhat (favor/oppose)?) (rotate items in parentheses)

Strongly favor: 35
Somewhat favor: 21
Somewhat oppose: 8
Strongly oppose: 30
Net favor/oppose: 56/39
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies