Canada General Discussion (2019-) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:57:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 186820 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« on: April 06, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »

Andrew Scheer is texting people in the Atlantic provinces saying that gas prices are going up and to fill their tanks lolol

Why are the Tories sending texts out in the Maritimes? I was under the impression that it's mostly a Liberal region. Are the Tories that confident?

The Liberals are hemorrhaging support in the Maritimes lately

To add to what Joey said, there is something of a tradition in the Maritimes of swinging hard against a government after it wins its first majority. E.g. the federal elections of 1997 and 2015.

1997 was weird, as the Liberals collapsed in the Maritimes, but held on nationally. The Maritimes were enraged at Harper for his EI reforms. Did the Liberals enact EI reforms before the 1997 election?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:17:13 PM »

The Liberal party since the days of Alexander Mackenzie in the 1870's, have always alternated between a French Canadian leader and a English leader. Is that some bizarre coincidence, or do the Liberals do this intentionally?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »

The Conservatives could be in trouble due to even higher margins and wasted votes in Alberta. The  Conservatives will win a plurality of seats, but the Liberals will hold on due to being propped up by the NDP and maybe the Greens. Ford in ON is also a anchor around the party in Canada's electoral heartland.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »

Is Caroline Mulroney a red Torie?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »

So Trudeau has a beard all of a sudden. Caught me off guard.

Is Peter MacKay going to be the new Conservative leader?

It's going grey too. It's the end of baby face Justin Trudeau.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »

Oh my god...

Over 10 killed in shooting rampage in Nova Scotia.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/alleged-gunman-and-rcmp-officer-among-the-victims-of-nova-scotia-shooting-sources-say

This is so terrible...

EDIT - NOT an incel. Married to a man and has two children.

I read that he was wearing some sort of Mountie looking uniform and driving a fake police car.

Wow, that is just total evil.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »

I like Jagmeet Singh more and more every day.

He also today called out Trudeau on the show Power And Politics for implimenting even less improvements on policy discrimination amd violence than Trump has.

High energy guy!
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 02:34:01 AM »

The media are all fixated on the slow vaccine rollout, and the Conservatives are gleefully making hay over this.

This will bite them in the ass, for the 63452nd time. Within a few months, production capacity will have ramped up, and the (rich) world will be awash with vaccines. Supply will no longer be an issue.

As usual, the Conservatives ridicule Trudeau and lower public expectations towards him, so that when Trudeau greatly exceeds these expectations but still doesn't perform as well as he could, these attacks backfire on them again and again.

Yea this is starting agonizingly slow and is going to ramp up exponentially fast over the next few months. The Liberals said everyone who wants a vaccine can get one by September.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 08:45:13 PM »

I like the Liberals and NDP, I am in between them ideologically. I want a strong NDP, so they can keep the Liberals honest on things such as Pharmacare.

The NDP is like the Bernie wing, and the Liberals are like the Biden wing of the Democratic party.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 11:50:10 PM »

Agree his riding is not that safe and I can't imagine the truckers are particularly popular there.  But he obviously takes pleasure in the so-called Freedom Convoy making life miserable for "leftists" in Ottawa.

The Ottawa suburbs have been trending left the same way that the Toronto and Vancouver suburbs are. The suburban realignment is not just a US thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies