Canada General Discussion (2019-) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:35:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 187479 times)
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2022, 04:13:45 PM »

I find it interesting that the Conservative general election strategy I was thinking about seems to be gaining more traction. CPC targeting NDP seats, not leaning too heavily on fiscal conservatism, etc.
Even though I haven't been sharing it with people, I saw similar ideas on a twitter feed of a person called Bryan Breguet. DC had similar thoughts as well. So there might be a growing consensus (ok, consensus might be an exaggeration) by grassroots supporters as to what they want the Conservative party to pursue electorally. But the party establishment and media probably have other ideas.
The advice given by media pundits is not in good faith but that's another story.

Certainly if, in the Ontario Provincial election, Ford gains Essex, Niagara Centre, Oshawa, they might wish to build on that.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2022, 04:59:24 PM »

Also Niagara Falls.

Most of those seats are held by the federal Conservatives currently. Granted the federal party won those ridings with 30%-40% of the vote and in 2018 Ford cleared 40% in Oshawa and Essex and lost those two ridings. But if Ford wins Niagara Centre it will be a first by either the federal or provincial conservatives. (As far as I know)

Anyway in addition to those ridings, I was thinking about more northern areas in Ontario, Manitoba, and B.C. On that note, the Saskatchewan Party defeated the provincial NDP in a byelection in a northern riding to
day. Also the CPC flipping Liberal seats in rural Newfoundland.

Good points that I didn't think of - I was thinking more from a direction of travel perspective. Ironically, I thought Nickel Belt, Algoma were too safe for the provincial NDP and if the PCs gain anything up there it'll be the two special ridings.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »

The two New Brunswick MLAs representing the People's Alliance have left the party to join the governing Progressive Conservatives, and the party is to be deregistered.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies